The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

122 posts Page 1 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
It's two weeks until I have my surgery. Ive been waiting since early summer and tomorrow I have my pre-op appointment, which is when I can ask all the questions I forgot about when I first saw my consultant. My only concern is eating through boredom. I will need to stock up on liquids to keep me full till lunch time as I will not be able to drive and get some more. Monday I'm having my contraceptive implant taken out, as will definitely not need it anymore. I'm having a laparoscopically Assisted Hysterectomy. At 44 my uterus and cervix decided that they weren't going to stay put, not only trying to escape downwards (for want of a less TMI way of putting it), my bladder was also being squashed. So ladies please please please listened to your body. The locum doctor sent me for physio to improve my pelvic floor. I did as told even though I knew my pelvic floor was super strong already. Went back to my regular doc and she said have it out dear, you've had your babies, you don't need it anymore. So here I am today 10lb lighter thanks to 5.2. Fitter, due to fitbit and C25K. And looking forward to continuing my fight to regain ownership of myself.
Re: Countdown has begun.
19 Nov 2013, 20:05
Wow, you have a great positive attitude Carrie! Best wishes for a successful op and a speedy recovery. All that exercise will mean that you spring back like elastic ( feel back in shape in no time.)
Xxx julianna
19 Nov 2013, 20:36
Wishing you all the best for your surgery Caroline, and a speedy recovery too!

And i second what Julianan said, you have a great fab positive attitude and that will see you through! Xx
19 Nov 2013, 20:42
:clover: :clover: :clover: Good Luck Caroline with the surgery and a speedy recovery :heart: Well done on the weightloss and fitness you've done a great job :heart: :heart: Sue :heart:
19 Nov 2013, 20:56
Echoing others, hope it all goes very well for you and speedy recovery :like:

I am having a small op in a couple of weeks, which is one step away from yours. Might have to go down your route next year.

Take care

XX
19 Nov 2013, 21:40
Best wishes Caroline. Hope to hear from you soon here.
19 Nov 2013, 22:25
Hi Caroline Glad your wait is nearly over and wishing you well with your op x
I had a hysterectomy in my mid forties due to horrendous road accident size periods
It was one of the best things i ever did..no more periods,expensive tampons and pads ...Woohoo!
If men had periods,sanitary protection would be free :grin:
19 Nov 2013, 22:35
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
19 Nov 2013, 22:58
Hope all goes well at pre-op and the other procedures. Congrats on the 10lbs. Wishing you well over the next couple of weeks...that is the type of stress/anxiety that usually lands me in front of the pantry or fridge. But, as others have said you seem to be in good spirits and in the right frame of mind so that should help.
20 Nov 2013, 06:00
Best wishes carie. Best thing I ever did health wise. Wishing you a successful procedure and speedy recovery.
:clover:
20 Nov 2013, 10:43
Thinking of you Caroline. :heart: :heart:
My Pre op appointment was very thorough. I am going private, due to an insurance policy my school has, to stop people spending a long time off work ill. So I had Swabs up the nose and in groin for MRSA check. ECG, routine haematology and biochemistry plus blood grouping for blood transfusion prep (if necessary) weight and height (was happy to jump on the scales). Urine for diabetes check etc. but and there is a big but? my BP was 128/90. Has been around there for years but they always get a bit jittery. Now I only drink (red wine) at weekends, I exercise loads as love it, don't eat loads of red meat and fat, and don't over salt. So does this mean I'm a BP medication candidate. I do get white coat syndrome, which is crazy given that I've worn a white coat Al, of my working life. I'm flummoxed.
So next step is implant removal by local anaesthetic on Monday. Will update after that.
Sounds indeed very thorough. I wish you a quick recovery!
Here's hoping that your doctors don't find you to be "an interesting case". It's best to be boring whenever doctors of any type are involved.
Wishing you a pain free and speedy full recovery xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
122 posts Page 1 of 9