The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

122 posts Page 5 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Good god you lot .........just popped on to see who's doing what and I've had a mega send off thanks every single one of you. And thanks to Sian for getting the ball rolling. Updates tomorrow, hopefully I have wifi so may be about.
Hope it's not too late to post my best wishes, Caroline!
Sending good and healing thoughts your way!
Sorry Carie posted in wrong place,was trying to welcome a newbie...senior moment but gives me the chance to wish you well again at the hozzy :like: :clover: :heart:
We'll all be waiting to hear from you x
Good luck for today and wishing you a speedy recovery! :heart:
Good luck Caroline - it'll all be over soon, and then you can sit back and let others look after you! For a while at least! :clover: :like: :clover: :like: :cool: :victory:
Hope today went ok and youre not feeling too woozy after the anaesthetic!
Been thinking of you all day x
I'm back.....thanks everyone for the well wishes, hugs and worrying about me.
Someone needs to remind me that I don't do general anaesthetics at all well.
Surgeon was hoping to send me home today but no.......my bladder got a bit stuck and I was holding on to a litre. I don't know what was worse the second catheter going in or the mini scanner probing around looking for the wee..
So I was really really bad last night. Anti sickness drugs a plenty. And I wasn't pressing my morphine enough apparently.
This morning the toast turned up and stuck to my mouth, I couldn't even chew it. Gorgeous sweet potato soup for lunch and a crust roll. Three mouthfuls was all I could manage. Cottage pie and veg for tea. Sighs I only managed about 4 mouthfuls. Sad but true...I am in a private hospital with three course meals and I'm not doing it.
Going home tomorrow with 5 heparin injections to do myself. The nurse says pinch and inch and just go for it....Mmmmm
At the moment I can't laugh, cough, sneeze or fart. So it's downwards from now I expect.
Aww you should have kept pressing your morphine!
Sorry youve had a rough time and missed out on some good grub
It will get better from now on! Just take things very easy x big but gentle hug xx
Hi Carie, hope it's a speedy recovery from now on. Just not too much laughing at CandiceMaries jokes, maybe a gentle chuckle instead :heart:
Ouch! sorry you've been through the mill by the sound of things but hopefully the worst is now over and you can concentrate on being looked after and taking things easy at home.x
Omigosh, that all sounds terrible! Can a bladder actually hold a liter?? o.O I hope it all gets much better very quickly. On the heparin, try to not smell the stuff, because it's gawdawful!
carieoates wrote: I'm back.....thanks everyone for the well wishes, hugs and worrying about me.
Someone needs to remind me that I don't do general anaesthetics at all well.

YAY! Glad you're back. Been wondering...

Be sure to find out what the meds were for knocking you out. That way you can avoid them in the future.
Ralphing is never any fun, particularly with stitches.

Sending a virtual and most-gentle hug your way.

:smile:

John
Sending hugs and warm wishes :heart: :heart: :heart:
Crikey, they seem to be shoving you out of the door awfully fast.
Gentle get well quick squishes for you.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
122 posts Page 5 of 9