The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

111 posts Page 2 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
View active topics etc can be found by clicking on the menu button (three horizontal lines).

You can also choose to force desktop (responsive) view or mobile view if you scroll right down to the bottom there is a link.
Well it looks completely different now but I still want to be able to pinch to reduce or increase the font size, I do not like having one imposed on me. Also when I type in the reply box as here the text is in double spacing uggghh!
I can no longer see who has made the latest post to a topic.
Are you on mobile view or responsive view @barbarita? If you're on the Kindle fire, try responsive view. The mobile view is for phones principally and there isn't room to include the latest poster in the format.
Looks good on my nokia Lumia but have tried to reply to this 3 times with no luck, just an 'error message' screen. Will keep trying, hopefully it's a temporary glitch :confused:
I have just switched to the responsive view and I still cannot see who did the latest post and when. I don't perceive any difference between the two views on my tablet.
barbarita wrote: Also where has View Active Topics gone? I hate this.

As well as being on the slide out menu, when you're on the forum homepage you should see a link at the top of the recent active topics section so you can jump to the full list.
A lot of the time I used View Active Topics, selected a particular page of a thread, read it, the scrolled further down to check View Active Topics to scan for another thread. One click. Now to get out of the thread I have to click on the yellow menu bar and the click View Active Topics. Two clicks each and every time.
I just hit the back button on my kindle to return to the active topics list...
What sort of tablet is it & what screen size my dear? Are you looking in landscape or portrait?

As for the font size, I'm browsing at 1920x1080 and the size seems fine, see attached.

ss-forum-fontsize.jpg
@moogie what I see in responsive mode on Kindle Fire HD is nothing like your screenshot, it is exactly like the mobile view with the blue shapes showing number of views, number of posts etc. I never used the mobile view before and I don't want it.

Font size is not something you can set, I am not on a PC.
Everything is wrong on my ipad! Help!!
A minor point and not urgent, but am I the only one who thinks that, when I'm in a topic with more than one page, it's the page that I'm on which should be highlighted , not be greyed out? Other websites usually highlight the current page - or am I mistaken? Mmm, perhaps I better go and check that out! I think that it's been done to match the other blue buttons which all 'do' something but I still think it's confusing. No doubt I'll get used to it in the fullness of time!

By the way it's displaying fine (blue page numbers apart) on my iphone 5 running ios 8.02. Haven't checked my ipad mini yet.
@barbarita

try this, it worked for my kindle.

go to apps, then settings then, applications then scroll down until you see Silk browser, click on that, then scroll down to clear browser data, tick cache and cookies, then confirm. Relaunch Silk.
StowgateResident wrote: A minor point and not urgent, but am I the only one who thinks that, when I'm in a topic with more than one page, it's the page that I'm on which should be highlighted , not be greyed out? Other websites usually highlight the current page - or am I mistaken? Mmm, perhaps I better go and check that out! I think that it's been done to match the other blue buttons which all 'do' something but I still think it's confusing. No doubt I'll get used to it in the fullness of time!

By the way it's displaying fine (blue page numbers apart) on my iphone 5 running ios 8.02. Haven't checked my ipad mini yet.

I think that's just something we'll all adjust to. Yes, the blue 'active' buttons match the other buttons. Also, when the topic has more than 2 pages it should be more obvious which one is the current page :)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
111 posts Page 2 of 8