The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

111 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting in your screenshots. It's definitely a caching issue. We can see it's an old stylesheet that is loading. We're going to re-configure our servers so that you shouldn't have to clear your caches to get the new stylesheet. Please bear with us, this should take around an hour and then hopefully these problems will go away.

Many thanks,
Jason
Cache clearing sorted everything out for me! I'm really loving the changes to the site in all its formats! Thanks for your hard work! Otsukaresamadeshita, as they say in Japan!
I appreciate the many changes, particularly the way that the reply comes up with the tagging etc enabled. The forum looks much, much better. Thanks!

My only quibble is the loss of the tracker data and its replacement by the little cog. While it is visible by clicking the cog, that is not intuitive, many new visitors will not realize the cog's function. In addition, on my tablet which doesn't do javascript popups it causes the tedious, time consuming loading of a new screen. Because the forums load VERY slowly on my tablet already, this discourages checking the person's stats.

So since those stats are so motivating for new visitors, many of whom will be on mobile devices, it would be nice if they could be restored.
I agree with peebles that it's hard to find someone's Progress Tracker--I get the cog-wheel, but it took me a while to realize that the single word "View" would take me to someone's tracker
My Kindle is 7.4.9 @carorees. I haven't even had it 2 years, they must have sent an old one out of the warehouse! I have just checked and this is the last version available for the Kindle Fire HD Previous Generation, so there is nothing I can do in the way of updates to fix the problem. Over to your tech team ...
Thank you I can now clearly see the text :smile:
Why is the personal information re BMI & weight lost now not being displayed?
Isis wrote: Thank you I can now clearly see the text :smile:
Why is the personal information re BMI & weight lost now not being displayed?

Click on the cog
cog.jpg
Marybeth wrote: I agree with peebles that it's hard to find someone's Progress Tracker--I get the cog-wheel, but it took me a while to realize that the single word "View" would take me to someone's tracker

Thanks for this observation, I can't believe I didn't spot that the wording which used to prefix "View" (I think it was "Progress Charts: View") before has gone. Well, actually I can believe it as there's been so many things to test/check so there were bound to be a few things which got missed, sorry.

I have raised this issue with the tech guys in the hope they'll have a few mins to modify this for us :)
Thanks Caroline but I hadn't noticed it because it is so pale it is hardly visible & white on my iPad & doesn't look like a cog! Your screen shot shows a blue cog?
Isis wrote: Thanks Caroline but I hadn't noticed it because it is so pale it is hardly visible & white on my iPad & doesn't look like a cog! Your screen shot shows a blue cog?

That's odd...one for @fast_Jason I think!
Hi, the mobile app is good on my phone, but neither version was working on my iPad- sent Moogie a list of issues coz when I tried to do a post the iPad crashed... Clearing the cache made no difference.
One issue I have with mobile version is that when I thank someone it takes me to the top of the page and I have to scroll down- a bit of a pain when I have lots of posts to catch up on.
If mobile version on iPad was like it is on phone, it would be ok I think.
LOVE IT !! Thank you all
Yay!! Just woke up and iPad is all fixed with the new format. "Cogs" are there to look at everyone stats and there are home buttons top AND bottom of page. It's gorgeous! Thanks techies, @Moogie, @Carorees and everyone involved. Was frustrated yesterday but all is well now. Should remember to just be patient and know that all bugs will be "squashed" by you experts in due time. :like: :victory: :heart:
I am not so lucky with my iPad, still a number of problems...
As per email I sent Moogie....
I see what @Julieathome means now. It would be easier on the eye if the topic heading were a it more obvious. Eg darker colour to the rest of the text. Would that be possible please @Moogie @fast_Jason
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
111 posts Page 5 of 8