The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

134 posts Page 3 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Next
Congratulations, Moogie and tech crew. :victory: I just did my Luminosity brain workout, so I'm hoping my aging brain won't take toooooo :razz: long to catch on to all the new cool stuff. :shock:
Oh, and it must be a birthday present for me.Yay!
Love it love it love it @Moogie

well done to you and the team behind Fast Day

In my day job im reviewing websites all day.. so from a "professional point of view" you should be very proud of the new look site and forum.

cheers
Yay I made it here! Thanks Moogie, it looks good. :victory:
I'm here on a Nexus 7 android tablet. I, too, have the problem that the yellow banner fills up much of the screen when I am typing this message, hiding my text.

Also, pages are loading extremely slowly and when they first appear they are sometimes skeletons without text that fills in a few moments later. It is taking up to 15 seconds to get the next page on some threads. Longer to get this reply box.

I was greeted by big obnoxious display ads which apprear to be tracking me around the web as they relate to some previous, business related site I had visited earlier and have nothing to do with dieting or food. It is not possible to block ads on this tablet in the Chrome browser I am using.
I am on iPad with Safari on forum.fastday.com website.

My issues:
I note that I am logged in as Sassy, not Sassy1. I had problems when I initially tried to join the forum last year - I wanted to use Sassy as my username but had a message that this (or my email address??) was already being used so changed to Sassy1. I had been using the latter up to now, and it was connected to the email address I used to login today.

I have found that my progress tracker does not have any data, which I assume is tied to the user name issue. And I don't have any of my posting or PM history.

And I had a PM telling me I had been tagged in a topic, but the link did not work to either the topic or the person who sent me the PM.

I know things must be very busy, so just get to my queries when you can. :)

Many thanks, especially for all the hard work that would have gone into the redesign. :D
Nit List (using Internet Explorer 11):

1. Once you've logged in, the main Yellow menu items do very little when left-clicked - most do nothing at all. However if you instead right click on one of them and select "Open in new tab", all of the yellow menu and (black?) submenus will then work properly in the newly opened tab. (This issue affect user's with popup blocking set to high.)

2. If you click on your silhouette (upper rt corner) and select "Account Setting" an Information window appears with the message: "The forum you selected does not exist.". This seems to be a generic, default error since it appears many places. (Fixng #1 will likely fix this one as well.)

3. If you click on your user silhouette and select "Sign Out" you may see a browser message at the bottom of the screen resembling a file download block (at least the first time). The file, if saved, is called:logout.json which contains the text: "{"success":"true","message":"User logged out"}".

4. For my tastes - since there is no usability reqmt spec to reflect developer intentions- most intra-page panes contain way too much "air" especially vertically. An example here are the forum entries for each topic. 50% the vertical 4 line space for each entry is empty space - the top and bottom with two lines of text in the middle. Granted this is appearance/aesthetics, but much time is spent scrolling through empty real estate to get to the next few topics. 6 topics appear on a given page where 13 or more might fit.

5. Also some inline consolidation would be appreciated. For example in the forums, if the "By [poster] Date.." line was merged into the "Topic Title, Replies, Views, Last Post" line above it even more topics would fit on a page. (Possible/probable issue with the format this would present for smaller screen browsers/phones.)

6. Blogs appears to be missing. Perhaps on purpose due to its low participation rate? (Or even just delayed for later.)

7. I miss the three information balloons at the top. These were eye-catching and an easy way to point out what to look at first for new people.

8. The grey-circle, white triangle "Top" buttons do not work when left-clicked. They do work if you right-click and select "Open in new tab".

'nuf for now...
I am really unhappy about the amount & kind of advertising appearing - particularly on the top left of a string, and even after the first post in a string. It's really in my face, and I find the nature of the ads very offensive, what I would call "hate yourself" advertising - I do NOT want to read about "5 ways to reduce bellyfat" or how to get rid of my crows feet - that is NOT why I'm here!! Previously the advertising was at the foot of the page, where I could ignore it.

I for one would be much happier paying a small subscription to belong, rather than having things as they are at the moment. It's a deal-breaker for me. I will see what I can get in terms of software to block the advertising, if that doesn't work, I won't be logging on, sorry.
jools7 wrote: I am really unhappy about the amount & kind of advertising appearing - particularly on the top left of a string, and even after the first post in a string. It's really in my face...

Agree, but believe(hope!?) they are just temporary teething pains in the process of getting the new layout up and running.
ah, @carmelk46, thank you so much!! Peace at last!! and thanks @adfnfuel, I'm blocking them now with AdBlock plus - I don't care how much memory it takes! My blood pressure is now much reduced! Sorry to get so reactive, that's what those kind of ads do to me...

Hi @fast_paul, I am not able to access anyone's trackers, and also the blogs seem to be lost - THAT would be a GREAT pity! And my own tracker isn't a very pleasant experience - can we have the old format back please? It was much more encouraging, including "congratulations" etc, as well as "if you continue at your current weight loss" - rather than saying ""you will reach your goal on 18th september" - I might and I might not!!!!!

Also the "first unread post" button isn't working, which is incredibly annoying.

Also the link from "you have been tagged in a topic" in the PM section isn't working.

I'm using Firefox on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.8, and I'm on https://forum.fastday.com
I am in using safari and after realising that I hadn't changed my password. Everything looks great is and working perfectly at this time. I think it's a really good 'new look'. :)
The photographers and snappers tent, is skewiff. Only about 1/8 of the page is there and then its to the far right of my screen.
Well done Moogie and Paul. I have not read everyone's nitpicks, so apology if I'm repeating, just wanted to give some builds. I'm on Chrome and yet to test on Firefox. My post icons are not working. This site does not look like it is AAA compliant. I'm concerned about some of the readability issues, ie some font too small, some bold, some not, and the blue is too light to have proper definition, so might need tuning up. Also cant find the blogs. @auriga sent me a tagged message but I can't access it from my inbox. It says link has gone.
I've tried on both chrome and IE on my Samsung note android phone and I can't get it to optimize for screen size - can't find a "switch to mobile view"option anywhere. If I try to resize, the yellow bar fills the screne.

Thanks
Can anyone tell me where I find the number of members and whose birthday it it is? This information used to be at the bottom of the home page. Thanks...

Ballerina x :heart:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Next
134 posts Page 3 of 9