The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

134 posts Page 5 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
I have just reinvented myself and ditched last years 'trial' of the diet :)
I hope to see all old faces on new format and old threads etc. Just one typo I noticed on the tracker item where it omits the 'r' from "your weight...."

Well done team, lot of hard work. I am sure we will get used to it.
After just posting on the who's arrived thread that all was well, I just checked my tracker and I'm also having weird stats issues. Says I've got 0.973 pounds to lose (loose? my trousers are). Oh how I wish :grin:
Thanks again for all the hard work, I'm sure once all the teething issues are sorted, people will get used to the new format. Change is never easy. To those having trouble with the Facebook banner, did you click don't show again? I did and it's not bothering me anymore :confused:

Edited to add: the links to people's progress tracker's don't work, I'm guessing that's something they'll get round to fixing though...
Broken links: in the Fasting section, on the page about eating Windows the link to Leangains works but the links to the Eight hour diet and to Fast-5 and the Warrior diet do not
Bring back the blogs!
barbarita wrote: Broken links: in the Fasting section, on the page about eating Windows the link to Leangains works but the links to the Eight hour diet and to Fast-5 and the Warrior diet do not

thanks @barbarita - I've fixed them now (I hope)!
I can't seem to log in automatically on the home page for some reason.

Unfortunately, the font is a bit too much like my work wordpress site, so I don't like it as much as the old one - I expect that I won't notice this in a week or two, though.
Sallyo wrote: Bring back the blogs!

They are still here it's just that no-one remembered to include the link in the menu bar! Here they are: blog/
My weight tracker show me with weight to lose, although I am maintaining!

When I first tried to log in, the reset password/become a member page would not go away. I ended up clicking on becoming a new member then exiting out of there, THEN I was able to log in!
Being awake most of last night I had a good read and look around. I love all the info and think it's all said very nicely. Lot's of useful information. The only thing that worries me is that I couldn't find any info that spells out WHY teenagers and children SHOULDN'T fast. As a mother I would like to see something on here that clearly spells out that fasting is not for teens and children. There is a section on how to hide fasting from family and friends (that I'm not sure about) and things to say to hide fasting. I think this could be harmful if there is nothing to discourage the youngsters. Sorry if I've missed the info on this but if I have, so will they. Please could we have a clearly marked section with lots of info to discourage the snooping youngsters before they even consider fasting. Thanks
@justdee
is this what you were looking for? https://www.fastday.com/fasting/who-sho ... t-fasting/
Yes I found that @caroreesbut just don't think it's enough. There is so much great info on everything else, spelling everything out in easy to understand terms. Maybe there is something to click on that I can't get to today but I think there should be more than ' children and teenagers shouldn't fast because fasting affects hormones that control growth'. I think this is easy to ignore and should have more info to put them off. Sorry if I'm being picky but this does worry me.
Sorry @caroreesI've just seen your other post. I understand that childhood obesity is a problem that we need to address. I just imagine young teens with no real weight problems fasting because they want to lose weight to look like such and such popstar. There are pics on here of celebs that are more likely to encourage the young than the old. I'd hate for this fantastic forum to turn into something that could be seen as encouraging unhealthy eating habits in the young. I would be grateful if you could look for info on for and against fasting for teens. I will look too but think you will have more success as you know what you're doing. Thanks :)
I am having really big problems with the website on my i-phone. Although I can access the forums I cannot access the menu it just disappears again every time i try to tick another option, so i can't access the tracker, recipes etc. This does not happen when i am on my laptop that's OK it only happens on the i phone. VERY annoying.......is anyone else having this problem????
It also keep asking me to reset my password, which i did but that keeps coming back too, but again not when I am on the laptop. This never happened when the other website was up and running and was quite easy to use on the i phone before. Now it's terrible.
Any answers anyone, @carorees??
Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback - the team are working hard to resolve as much as possible. With a small group of us it's been hard to test every possible platform/browser so now the site has reached a wider audience we can start to track down and fix the issues. I've been keeping a list of them myself, as I've not had a massive involvement in the rebuild due to my ill health and limited working hours. I can't thank the team enough for all their hard work and I'm sure all the issues will be resolved before long.

As my health continues to improve I hope to be able to be a bit more useful in terms of fixing/adjusting things myself where needed but meanwhile am doing what I can to report issues to the team and letting them do the hard work ;) Obviously things need to be prioritised so the bigger fixes will be done first and things like typos etc will come lower down the list - yes, "loose" is annoying.

Thanks for pointing out about the tracker links in particular - I'll let the team know where they can find the code to fix this too.
Auriga wrote: I am having really big problems with the website on my i-phone. Although I can access the forums I cannot access the menu it just disappears again every time i try to tick another option, so i can't access the tracker, recipes etc. This does not happen when i am on my laptop that's OK it only happens on the i phone. VERY annoying.......is anyone else having this problem????
It also keep asking me to reset my password, which i did but that keeps coming back too, but again not when I am on the laptop. This never happened when the other website was up and running and was quite easy to use on the i phone before. Now it's terrible.
Any answers anyone, @carorees??

p.s.
It would seem also that EVERY time i try and access the website on the i phone you have to reset the password or you can't log in! Not going to bother with the i phone at the moment its too frustrating!Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrg!
Throws i phone in hand bag! grrrrrrrrrr.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
134 posts Page 5 of 9