The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

134 posts Page 4 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9 Next
The yellow banner is working fine now using crome on both sites. However I do get distracted by the continuing request to like the site on facebook. Since I do not use facebook and will certainly not use it in the future: is there a way to get rid of this request permanently?
Bye the way: in terms of content the site has improved immensely! Many interesting articles and easy to find references. Lots of credits to the makers: you have done a wonderful job :like: :like: :like:
Just to repeat concerns from others
1) Where ARE the birthdays?
2) Progress Tracker
Not nearly as nice a format. Very cold, not encouraging. Agree with @jools7, who knows when we "Will reach goal"?
The line "Weight to Loose" (can someone PLEASE correct this, it's Weight to LOSE) has a completely wrong number. I have about 11 pounds to LOSE but it says 0.716 or some other nonsensical amount.
3) Fonts, colours, etc. - Not fond of the yellow but you will never get everyone to agree about colour. Darker blue a good idea for fonts etc as mentioned elsewhere . Overall it reminds me when iPhone upgraded to ios 7, smaller, thinner fonts, harder to see anything because too much white, light colour. Hopefully our forum will improve. (I still hate ios7)
4) That annoying Facebook thingy - It doesn't show up with every page change now but it still shows up. Can it be fixed so it goes away forever?
further to my last post..

i did notice that fonts seem to be different. i have cleared cache so not sure if its in the making.

Good to see its device/mobile responsive as it was really hard to read threads on my mobile on the old site.

and best of alll .. you have allowed pinchzoom on a mobile. Facebook and wiki doesnt let you and with my failing eyes thats a bad thing.

so three ticks for doing that.

also ahhh wordpress!!! i have learnt to cringe at wordpress in my day job but bit by bit getting better at it. but i guess 80% of sites use this cms and its good for the blogging part of your site.

otherwise .. all good
Also when I am reading through a thread and Thank someone the display settles on the top entry on the page, not ithe Post I have just thanked which means I have to scroll down to read the next post (Silk browser)
Just popped in and saw all the new changes! Thanks Moogie and your team - it looks all shiny new and lovely!
Many thanks for your hard work. I have finally managed to get in this morning, think it didn't know if it wanted me blathering on anymore!
As a sassy member may I say the font is quite small to read, any chance of enlarging it a bit please?
Ta me ducks :0)
Just logged in
thanks to @rawkaren for validating and saying what the standard is for web accessibility. I've mentioned it but couldn't remember/didn't know what the formal term was for accessibility.

Don't know if it's a glitch but when I press the thanks thumbs up and it activates, it doesn't take me back to the post I was on, but to the top of the page if that makes sense.

Not doing well with the changes...
think janeg and @ballerina are in the same boat!

A good thing!!!- the 'tag 'feature seems to be 'intelligent' and corects near misses e.g. lack of capitals in names - that's nice :)
on safari
Just had an update from the tech team...today they will be focusing on fixing the login, the Facebook pop up, the yellow banner and the ad placement. They have been monitoring all your comments though and will work through them in the coming days.

Thank you for your patience as we work to perfect the new site!
My avatar has vanished-on Safari anyway. It was there last night!
Just noticed the home page doesn't refresh automatically when I go back to it after commenting in a thread, I have to select the refresh curl on the top forum banner to get it to do this. It used to refresh even though it was a back move on the old one.
Trying out a smiley now ...
:grin: :frown: :shock: Oooh it didn't like that at all! Has put the banner across the box so I can't see what I'm typing :0@
New problem - without going near the yellow banner, although your software might think I have because I did the "pinch" move lower down the screen to increase the text size, the Account Sign Out box comes up and I don't know how to get rid of it without signing out - it stays there even if I move to other topics on the forumI. Seems to have gone now I am writing this text.
missing photos in threads and quite a few avatars...
Finally managed after about 5 tries to log in on my iPhone. Worst thing is I am now being offered lap-band surgery - ye gods!! Is there an equivalent of AdBlock for iPhone???

Yellow header still being very unstable in size, and at times very intrusive.

Oh dear!
I've got in on internet explorer with no real problem this morning.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9 Next
134 posts Page 4 of 9