The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

133 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: Game over
28 Mar 2013, 22:44
Not sure who wrote that but I strongly disagree. I find that breakfast makes you hungry because it kickstarts your metabolism and it will take much effort to convince me otherwise.
28 Mar 2013, 23:02
Breakfast doesn't do anything special. When you eat you need to use energy to digest the food so it might appear to have increased your metabolism but the increase is easily outweighed by the amount of food you eat plus the increase would be the same whatever time you start to eat.
28 Mar 2013, 23:08
Exactly. Breakfast isn't magic. And our way way back ancestors wouldn't have even eaten breakfast I expect. As the article says, the main meal as such would have likely been later in the day.
They didn't have Kelloggs on hand as soon as the sun was up!
28 Mar 2013, 23:11
Nothing is magic.
In the Mediterranean diet breakfast is the most important meal of the day. All around Greece, the traditional breakfasts are full of all food varieties. People couldn't work in the fields all day with no energy... (but I guess that's what the ancestors of my side of the earth did, perhaps in Northern Europe it was different)
29 Mar 2013, 05:13
Black coffee and a cigarette is breakfast right?
29 Mar 2013, 07:45
boboff wrote: Black coffee and a cigarette is breakfast right?

If you're a supermodel :grin:
29 Mar 2013, 08:08
I have followed weight watchers for over a decade. My body is used to it. When I go off plan I gain when I stick with it I lose. I have lost over 5 stone but have played with two for years, losing and gaining. This means that 5:2 will take a while for my body to get used to. I understand I will gain weight which I am sure I have. So far I am finally dealing with my binge starve mentality and learning that I can control food. My latest thing is to get rid of snacking and learn to live mostly on three meals a day. It is about educating me. I am no longer frightened of being hungry thinking I would pass out. I know from experience conventional diets do not work for me long term as I cannot maintain counting points, calories or whatever every day of my life. Fast days are still not easy and are certainly not always successful but for me this is a journey of discovery and I am slowly moving forward. At some point on this journey I will lose weight too but I am not focusing hard on that. I am learning that food is not the enemy and is to be enjoyed. We all have to do what works for us but I would say give this more time and join in the forum. Why reinvent the wheel? I hope you find a solution.
29 Mar 2013, 09:45

Boboff, you are the naughtiest member of the forum...and you always make me laugh. :lol:
29 Mar 2013, 10:47
TML13 wrote: Not sure who wrote that but I strongly disagree. I find that breakfast makes you hungry because it kickstarts your metabolism and it will take much effort to convince me otherwise.

I agree. why wake Annie Appetite when you don't have to?
29 Mar 2013, 10:51

They say that the (Modern) Greek Breakfast is one coffee and 3 fags. But the coffee is usually with 3 sugars and milk.
29 Mar 2013, 10:55
Pip wrote:
TML13 wrote: Not sure who wrote that but I strongly disagree. I find that breakfast makes you hungry because it kickstarts your metabolism and it will take much effort to convince me otherwise.

Rip, I think that you don't agree with me. I believe that the fact the breaky makes you hungry is a good thing. It was explained to me years ago by a doctor and I was in awe! Mind you though, I eat breakfast when I wake up and that -on 95% of the days- is around noon.
29 Mar 2013, 10:56
TML13 wrote: They say that the (Modern) Greek Breakfast is one coffee and 3 fags. But the coffee is usually with 3 sugars and milk.

So is that why they say Greece is the 'sick man of Europe'? :wink:
(sorry, just punch me)
29 Mar 2013, 11:03
TML13 wrote:
Pip wrote:

Rip, I think that you don't agree with me. I believe that the fact the breaky makes you hungry is a good thing. It was explained to me years ago by a doctor and I was in awe! Mind you though, I eat breakfast when I wake up and that -on 95% of the days- is around noon.

I like carorees' theory:

carorees wrote: Breakfast doesn't do anything special. When you eat you need to use energy to digest the food so it might appear to have increased your metabolism but the increase is easily outweighed by the amount of food you eat plus the increase would be the same whatever time you start to eat.
29 Mar 2013, 11:23
dominic wrote:
TML13 wrote: They say that the (Modern) Greek Breakfast is one coffee and 3 fags. But the coffee is usually with 3 sugars and milk.

So is that why they say Greece is the 'sick man of Europe'? :wink:
(sorry, just punch me)

Mate, Greece is a woman!!!
England's a woman too.
London's a man though.
29 Mar 2013, 11:24
But on a more serious note, breakfast is the most important meal of the day in the traditional Greek way of eating.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
133 posts Page 7 of 9