The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

55 posts Page 4 of 4
That's the idea think positive , you can do this !!!!! good luck and keep us all posted
Thank you Carol :)
:dunno:
I might not count calories during feed days and stay natural.
Bit tired now!

Big Hug and Happy Easter for tomorrow!!!
Aww Pashcaline- I do feel for you!
Sadly, I think that the exercise allowance in the TDEE may be misleading. For walking to be considered efective it needs to make you out of breath- you should be able to talk but not not sing! That really is quite a pace but a good indicator of effectiveness. From what you are saying about your inner ear problem, you may not be reaching this level. Sorry about that. :confused:
I'm kind of in the same boat as you and am thinking that I need to calorie count again on ordinary days. I'm a coward though and going to give it another week until the next big weigh and measure in. The sneaky one was not encouraging.
Hang in there!
Thank you Janeg :)

I feel a bit better this morning. Birds are singing, could see them on the tree while savouring my hot cross buns.

So my TDEE must be 1570 :( (walks and activities inluded). I have to think my walk is for healt benefits and not losing weight.

So I calculate on those websites:
Sedentary (and ticked Maintain my current weight because we eat normally on feed days, and the 2 (or 3) fast days do the job):
FatSecet: 1900 calories (RDI)
MyFitnessPal: 1640
Freedieting: 1574
and KatchMcArdle was done for me: 1570

From the 6 weeks I recorded: 1st week average ( feed days and fast days) I ate 1655cal and gained 600gr, 2nd week : 1384 lost nothing, 3rd week: 1587cal lost 600gr, 4th week 1535cal lost nothing, 5th 1605ca gained 800gr, 6th 1599cal gained 500gr
And I walked too!!!Some days 2hours

So I'll try between 1570 an 1640..and 4.3
I'm glad you are feeling more positive today, I think its important to have a plan, for me today the grandchildren will be around for Sunday roast as usual and then I look forward to my fast day on Monday as I will probably eat too much :)
I think that what you are planning for yourself is very restrictive...it sounds to me like one of these unsustainable diets. This may lead to the "all or nothing" attitude that we are all trying to avoid. why don't you try one thing at a time? Either 4:3 and eat about 2000 cals in feed days or keep it 5:2 and 1800 cals in feed days. You will eat less than before in both choices and will be able to lose weight and sustain this as a WOL. NOT A DIET. Also just reminding you again to check your thyroid functions.
Einatbl wrote: I think that what you are planning for yourself is very restrictive...it sounds to me like one of these unsustainable diets. This may lead to the "all or nothing" attitude that we are all trying to avoid. why don't you try one thing at a time? Either 4:3 and eat about 2000 cals in feed days or keep it 5:2 and 1800 cals in feed days. You will eat less than before in both choices and will be able to lose weight and sustain this as a WOL. NOT A DIET. Also just reminding you again to check your thyroid functions.

Indeed, if you've been on a diet forever then you probably know that this is no way a diet.
And you deffo need to check your thyroid. You sound like me a lot and my thyroid is a very naughty guy. Or, to be specific, is not naughty at al!!! It's just sitting there, doing nothing. Bleh...
Aghhh I'm tearing my hair out!

...gonna meditate with the Easter rabbits in the garden while eating chocolate
Pashcaline wrote: Aghhh I'm tearing my hair out!

...gonna meditate with the Easter rabbits in the garden while eating chocolate

Sounds like an excellent plan!!! :grin: :cool: :oops:
55 posts Page 4 of 4