The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

55 posts Page 3 of 4
I was considering 4:3 but not sure I'ld be happy with that. I don't want to feel theodd one out :(

TML13 I love my breakfast and have around 500cal with 3 toasts jam and butter or a bowl of porridge with honey and a toast butter jam...I enjoy life that way. That leaves me 1000calories. I have 100calories from milk for my coffee. That leaves 900calories for lunch, dinner and an afternoon snack...So let's say 400calories lunch, 100calorie fruit (byebye choc bar)and 500cal dinner.
I've got no further advice to over you Pashcaline, but just wanted to say Good Luck!! :crossed:
You know better than anybody how to share your calories.
But how about if you ate one less toast?
Or no toast with the porridge?
Or make your own jam with no sugar?
Or use low-fat butter?
Also... 100 calories from milk sound a lot. Have you considered using the low fat one?
Hi Pashcaline that sure is some breakfast, :) do you struggle on fast days ?couldn't you have something light for lunch maybe soup and save the rest for evening meal :shock:
I use skimmed milk..that's 300ml, easily done in coffee or tea. I coffees because I'm cold. I dont drink much of it during summer.

I could have a go for 2 toasts instead of three.

I love fast days. I don't struggle really. Feel more tired the afternon. And glad when I had my eggs for dinner
My grandfather used to put lots of milk in his coffee. I remember him saying "I'll make myself a cup of coffee" and my grandma used to say "when are you going to realise that you're making yourself a cup of milk"? :-)
When you calculate your TDEE and say that you exercise, eg 3 times a week, the calculation for your daily calorie intake takes this into account. You can't say you've burned them again. I was a slow starter on 5:2 too, taking several weeks to lose any weight simply because I was eating too much on feed days. It wasn't until I learned about TDDE and calculated mine at 1750 at the moment (I go to the gym 2x a week and swim 1x a week and this is therefore included),so I don't exceed this on feed days and eat around 440 cals on famine days. Now I have a slow but steady weight and inch loss.
It just feels a diet now so I'm feeling rather low. I really enjoyed this freedom of not to worry about what you eat, they even say don't bother to count your calories.

It's a shame because I felt so free and so happy those last months.

So either I eat 1600 ish on feed days.
Or I do 4:3 and don't go over 2000 calories normal days.( I love 2000calories!!!)

Must meditate on that. I have to say I am disappointed. Loved 5:2 so far for it's freedom. I am not eating like mad but I enjoy freedom to have a little snack if I feel like it. And there's nothing wrong having a nice breakfast.

I followed MFP and FS for my TDEE adding walk and chores. So it was rare I went over. I followed really well. I was being a good girl. I thought this post would help people like me or are not losing weight. Walking it's so good for you and I thought it was good from MFP and FS we could add that. That encourages people to walk. But now I can't even add that. I cannot do intense exercises anymore because of my vestibular. Really feel like an alien right now. Would feel better tomorrow.
aww don't feel like that ,can I ask you before you started this plan did you eat the way you do on feast days for 7 days or are you eating more than you did before 5.2
I think I'd go for the 4:3 option. It could be that once you kickstart the loss, you can go back to 5:2. The body behaves in strange ways!
Hey Pashcaline
why don't you try eating about 1800 calories in your feed days and I think you shouldn't count, measure very carefully just guesstimate and don't forget to include snacks and drinks and see how it goes. I think you will get good results with that and it is less restrictive.
I always been on diet so dunno. It just feels like punishment all the time.

My husband doesn't understand why I'm so unlucky. Anyway he thinks too that I should try 4:3 and not going over 2000calories on feed days.

So I counted the average above and I ate average 2000 calories on feed days not counting walks!!!(1st week: 2124cal, second 1778 third 2025 fourth 2006 fifth 1965 sixth 2039). So I did what MM said about 2000cal for a woman.
The thing is Pashcaline you are not average height for a woman, sadly, so you don't need so many calories. It's such a shame...I blame the parents!

I think average height for a woman is about 165 cm or so.
I think maybe you should try 4:3 seeing that you manage fast days without a problem, I'm not sure if I could do it,I suppose it depends on how much I want to lose weight, give it a go, I reckon you are more than able
Yeah lol Ouch

Not fair :lol:

Yeah I'll try 4:3 and don't go over 2000cal. Well that's the new plan.
If it doesn't work I'll just turn myself into a robot.
55 posts Page 3 of 4