The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

55 posts Page 2 of 4
Yes but you've established that by going too high is not working either! You need to go lower, not low.
I love food too, but I never go over 1500 calories on a normal day with 2 meals, breaky and perhaps a biscuit with my evening coffee.
Going out is another story but even that can be balanced with watching what you eat on the next feed/feast day.
Oh la la!!!
Will listen to body and try to juggle between 1500cal and 1800cal (instead 1800 to 2200) and if in one month time it's no good I will need to have a rethink.
Dear Pashcaline from looking at your numbers, I think you are right. You are constantly eating way above your TDEE in your feed days. The TDEE takes into account your activity level so you should not count that again and substruct it from your calorie intake unless you do a very vigorous activity which is not counted in your TDEE.
I also think that you probably overestimate your burned calories during activities.
And last, Did you check your thyroid functions? Hypo can make you feel cold and tired and interfere with weight loss. I hope that you will manage to find the right way to lose weight and achieve your goal.
Good luck
They did check my Thyroids a few years ago and it was fine. Some says Doctors can't always see if there is aproblem with it.

What about people who don't count their calories on fed days like it's suggested in the book...I would be over than what I am now!!!But unfortuately it does feel like a diet when you watch your calories :(

I suppose I am less hungry since on 5:2. I just enjoy joining in with the rest of the family when they eat something nice...like I can see HOT CROSS BUNS aghhhh and not even hungry have to learn watching only :bugeyes:
You should be proud of yourself you have not given up and you have another plan of action so good luck and I'm sure you will get it right now
Your thyroid functions may have changed from a few years ago. it might be a good idea to recheck.
maybe it's been checked in the French blood test last year actually. They often check everything...must try to find it. The only thing down was Vitamin D.
Had a nice walk this morning. I need walking for feeling better anyway. If I don't do my walk I feel low. I avoid brisk walk because of the movement that makes my vestibular a bit bad.
First of all, the fact that you checked your thyroid years ago says nothing. I check my thyroid every six months and yet it managed to go hypo within a few weeks after checking and I gained 4 kilos in less than 2 weeks!!! Thyroid is one cheeky bastard!!! ;-)
I don't always count my calories on my feed days (I did a few times out of curiosity but I don't in general) but I still eat SENSIBLY! I don't overeat, I don't eat huge portions.
If you are eating 1800 and 2000 and 2200 you are consuming even more than an athlete of your size could eat.
Don't get me wrong, but no WOL would allow you to eat whatever, whenever in huge amounts unless you spend 2 hours everyday in a gym, sweating like a pig.
So, please rethink and revise and try to understand that although this is not a typical weight loss diet, it not a weight gain method either. You have to control what you eat, something that we should all do anyway. Thin or not, healthy or not, we should all know what goes in our mouths... :-)
Stay strong. I wish you all the best
Einatbl wrote: Dear Pashcaline from looking at your numbers, I think you are right. You are constantly eating way above your TDEE in your feed days. The TDEE takes into account your activity level so you should not count that again and substruct it from your calorie intake unless you do a very vigorous activity which is not counted in your TDEE.
I also think that you probably overestimate your burned calories during activities.

VERY wise words, please take them under consideration!!! :like:
Hi Pashcaline, how about just having 1/2 a hot cross bun or whatever goodies the family are having? That's what I do & that way don't feel deprived as I've chosen to eat that amount.
I'm not very active but don't add anything on to my TDEE so that might make a difference, just count your calories for a couple of weeks till you get used to the amount of food you should be eating.
Good luck, it's trial & error you'll get it right eventually :smile:
Read this thread and just wanted to send encouragement your way. For those of us not used to counting calories, doing so can feel like a chore and can make us feel like we are "dieting." But with time, you won't have to "count" the calories anymore because you will know at a glance how much is in the food you eat, you will have changed your habits and it will all feel natural to you. You can do it!
Thank you all :)
I'm sure I'm not the only one eating that much. There's so many happy food around us and it cheers us up...what will cheer me up now...
I think the best it's not to snack between. Fruits if hungry...and I love nuts, they're good for you but so high in calories!

Oh well...I'll do it

Thanks Zahra, I hope I will be a natural girl soon
Hi Pashcaline

If you live to eat on feed days the other way of reducing your weekly intake is to do 4:3! Could you bear another day of fasting? That way you could eat more freely on the feed days and the extra day would give a deficit of around 1500 cal, which as long as you keep below say 2000 on feed days should stimulate some weight loss. And don't add the exercise cals.

Also, could you cut out all carbs on fast days (apart from those in vegetables)? That might make a difference too.
A small breaky (coffee with a splash of milk, a couple of weetabix or a light porridge) is roughly around 150 calories.
A good portion of any properly cooked food is never over 700 calories.
A second coffee with a biscuit or a cereal bar or a piece of fruit is 100, max.
A small portion of cooked food, or yoghurt with fruit and oatmeal, or a salad with tuna is less than 400.
A scoop of ice cream or a small pud or a couple of big chochies is 250, max.
Maximum total of the above is 1550 and you'll probably be full!
The above is just an example that even without counting calories any day with sensible eating ends up to around 1500 calories, even less if your dinner is something like yoghurt or salad!!!
55 posts Page 2 of 4