The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

65 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Anyone PUT ON weight?
19 Feb 2013, 21:01
Someone has mentioned the importance of drinking water and that it helps to burn fat - any signs of puffiness can be water retention. It's been a fast day for me today and I've been drinking water rather than tea or coffee and I shall have a couple of glasses this evening. I haven't lost any weight and my waist measurement certainly hasn't decreased. I shall weigh myself in the morning and post the results tomorrow. In addition, this week I intend to fast 3 days to see if I can kick start something into action. Hope it works
19 Feb 2013, 21:08
Although I was calorie counting prior to fasting and steadily loosing about 1/2 a pound a week, it appears that today I have put on weight despite today being my second week on 5:2.

It looks to be about 3lbs, however I'm not too worried as it's TOM and know that it's merely water retention and bloat.

Just wanted to throw out there for all my fellow ladies, that we tend to retain water the week before and after TOM so don't fret and keep to your 5:2 and keep yourselves hydrated as well. It's best to weigh urself a few days after your done
19 Feb 2013, 23:32
wish I still had a TOM..nite !
20 Feb 2013, 08:19
Bad news: put on a kilo since last weeks weigh-in.

Good news: waist measurements (round narrowest and over tummy button) have definately gone down.
20 Feb 2013, 08:30
I've put on a pound too so back to my start weight. I find it very hard to get consistent waist measurements but my trousers are feeling tighter so I think I'm not shrinking. But I'm beginning to experience a reduction in hunger which I'm pleased with.
65 posts Page 5 of 5