Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 76 of 148
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
20 Sep 2014, 15:47
I think Liverpool is more famous for its Candy isn't it @Candicemarie? :wink:
20 Sep 2014, 17:59
@madcatlady so glad you enjoyed Liverpool..wish you could have seen the real Cavern...it was a great place...mad mad mad town planners destroying it.Meh!
And yes @nursebean * bows modestly* ...Candy IS more famous than Cilla ! :lol:
Quite right! :lol:
Hope you enjoy yr salmon..baked spud and salad for me & DD x
SIL down in London...DD wasnt well enough to go,poor lamb x
20 Sep 2014, 18:33
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

POACHED EGG ALERT for the Beanster..
Now i know you already mentioned using this method Beano but maybe there's just some new little tip for you here that will make all the difference
Coz we can't have you keeping dropping eggs...

Break the boiled egg habit! Poached eggs taste irresistible, look super and aren’t hard to make.

Served with creamed asparagus, on top of a tomato and asparagus salad, or potted with capers, sardines and tomatoes – there are so many ways you can serve poached eggs for breakfast, a light lunch or a classy, easy supper.

Here’s how to cook poached eggs so they’re restaurant-perfect:

1. Bring water to the boil in a pan.
2. Add a drop of vinegar – that stops the egg white from leaking in the water. (Use a light vinegar to prevent the egg from being discolored.)
3. Place a layer of cling film in a cup, brush it with oil and drop a fresh egg into it. Twist the ends of the cling film together and knot them to form a little sack.
5. Turn down the heat – the water should only simmer.
6. Place the egg in its sack gently into the water and let it cook for 4 minutes in hot water.
7. Take the sack out of the water with a slotted spoon. Carefully open the cling film and you’re ready to go!

B...
27/08/2014
Freshness is more important than anything for keeping the white together. I boil the water in a shallow (frying) pan with the lid on, then drop the egg(s) into the water and turn the heat right down or off, but replace the lid. This gives a slow, controlled cooking - I hate hard yolks - but sets the white over the yolk, as in over easy. A gentle touch will show when the white is set to your liking. Alternatively you can now buy non-stick silicon pouches for poaching instead of cling film.

H..
18/06/2014
The easiest way to make great poached eggs is to do whatever you can to get the freshest eggs possible. Not always easy. Best method - hey yourself a couple of chickens. I have three chickens and my poached eggs are pretty much always spot on. The fresher they are the more the white of the eggs holds together. They are also free!
M...
30/05/2014
I have tried the cling film method, having been told about it by a work colleague - but I think I may give Bigmax's idea a go - poached eggs for lunch I think!
B...
29/05/2014
Another easy method of poaching an egg, grab a cereal bowl,boil some water in the kettle,part fill the bowl,place the egg into the bowl and place on full power for approx 47 seconds in a microwave, believe me this works a treat,all you do is drain the water off and you will have a perfect poached egg
:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
22 Sep 2014, 09:07
Candy @Candicemarie I LOVE you!! That is a very helpful list for poaching eggs. I must say I tried it again yesterday and its just so fiddly with the cling film. I think I may give it a go without :wink: Its getting fresh eggs that a prob too isn't it. I'd love to have chickens but I'd worry about them.

I got my cling film method from watching Jamie Oliver on YouTube. He said that some people put vinegar (white) in but he couldn't understand why. You just get a vinegar flavour! That put me off a bit, but I think I will give it a go

Thanks, though, Candy. That's a great help.

Bean :smile:
22 Sep 2014, 10:44
Nursy @nursebean& @Candicemarie Aldi and other supermarkets sell packs of egg poaching bags to do a similar job as the cling film but I've not tried them at all :clover: :like:
22 Sep 2014, 12:53
Oooh thanks for that @Sue.QI think I might just have me a little looky. Anything thats less hassle than trying to get cling film off the blimmin box and then try to put it in a ramekin dish. Have you ever tried that?! Blimey Charlie its difficult! No I'm not going to try it again...for a few days!

Tonight I shall most probably have steak!

Bean :shock:
22 Sep 2014, 13:18
Clingfilm is such a pain in the bum Nursy@nursebean! I hate grappling with it! Still,it uses up some calories between fighting with it and cursing at it! :lol:
22 Sep 2014, 13:46
Cling film is one of the worst inventions...and yet so useful too! :confused:

Anyway, I'm orf now to Le Cinema! I do hope my stomach doesn't rumble TOO loudly in the cinema! I haven't eaten a thing all day and feel a bit peckish now (hope I resist the ice-cream :wink: )

Speaky later!

Bean :geek:
22 Sep 2014, 13:48
Enjoy the filum!
Wheres carie today and yesterday? Did she :?: overdo it on the night out..
23 Sep 2014, 08:17
Where's my buddy Oatsey gone? :cry: @Carieoates are you ok?

Well I had a very enjoyable evening. The film was "ok"...bit strange and included a scene of a cheetah hunting a young gazelle which I just HATE and is the reason I don't watch nature programmes. Why it was put in is anyone's guess. Dedicorous I say!

The meal after was mighty enjoyable I can tell you! I had deliberately fasted all day. PLUS I forwent (is that a word?) the ice-cream with the film. Something I used to always LOVE! I had a lovely chat with my aunt and all was well with the world...until the crowds came in and it became too noisy for poor Bean's delicate state...so we left without having a coffee! :shock:

Anyway,...Oates? Where ARE you?!!

Bean :confused:
23 Sep 2014, 10:41
Hi bean,i understand forwent ( and good on you for doing that) but what oh what does dedicorous mean ? You have got old Moomin baffled with that one
Sorry yr meal was spoilt by too much noise..i know that scenario all too well x
Hope you have a good day but..
Whathas become of Oatesy? I last saw her talking about her night out..then yesterday i think she posted on the fast today page..but why isnt she on here? :?: hmmmm ..
Carie@carieoates where are you? X
23 Sep 2014, 16:30
Hello girls, having huge trouble with ipad. So many times I reply and its lost before I hit submit. So I'm ok just a wee bit busy. I'm a traditional egg poacher by the way, and have tied all manor of things just like everyone one else on the planet.

Are your parents away, so that you can do easier fasting? I am still doing low carb, 4.3 and 16.8. But last week k ate too many carbs to get a good loss. Only 1lb, but that's better than nowt.

Going insane and doing the mud run next Sunday. WOOP so excited. Bean have you done IOS8.0 update, love the predicative texting and much improved camera settings including easier selfies due to a time delay piccy facility.

Be back later, got dinner to sort. :heart:
23 Sep 2014, 18:46
Glad you are ok Carie! X
24 Sep 2014, 11:07
Oh Oatesy!! There you are! Great to hear from you :smile:
No I haven't uploaded the ios8 yet but I hear its pretty good. Note to self: get a move on!
Talking of busy, I've so much to do I really shouldn't keep coming on here...but I can't help meself!

Speaky later. Bye for now

And by the way...a 1lb is not to be sneezed at. Its brrrilliant! Well done :like:
24 Sep 2014, 11:08
Candy! I just had to let you know @Candicemarie I've just ordered some Yellow Submarine Tin totes. They're great!

:geek:
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 76 of 148