The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

62 posts Page 4 of 5
Ok so my meal was 347 Calories!

But the soup which was 76 cals, half of it was left in the bowl, so could be less but I'd rather use the maximum amount so I don't go over
Hi fellow fasters

There seems to be a good turn out today! I was at work in the office so had my one meal at lunch. Have felt a bit hungry now and then but not too bad despite the cold.
Glad to be home in the warm and looking forward to some treats on Saturday.
Hi all, first fast day here and so far so good. I had planned on eating yogurt (100 calories) for breakfast but didn't need it as I got busy and went about my day without it. Took a cup of coffee with me and headed out the door. Mid afternoon (3:00) I started to get a little hungry so I made myself a bowl of 110 calorie soup. Now I have 370 calories left for dinner and I feel like that will look like a feast to me now-lol! Crossing my fingers the day stays relatively easy for me!
So I have 145 calories left....what can I have (as long as we have it in the house of course)
I'm fasting today. My first fast was Tuesday and it went well. Today is going to be more of a challenge. I'm off work and we have to make dessert for tomorrow's dinner with the extended family. I'm having a very large salad right now with virtually no calories but for the scant dressing, trying to save my calories for the family supper.

Over all, today is going well. I like the concept of this WOE. The scientific evidence speaks to me. I like that it isn't complicated and doesn't force me to buy special foods or disrupt my family's life. My hubby is thinking of joining me in the process, but I'm not putting my kids on it, of course.

Anyway, here is me hoping for a successful day today. :)
PinkLady, how about some yoghurt or fruit?
Hi All,
Finished my 3rd fast day at 6pm and was quite proud of myself as I managed to go from 6pm last night to 3pm this afternoon before I had to eat so I had Chicken Broth. At 6pm I had a huge salad 100g Chicken and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Water and 4 coffees with sweetener and 30ml skimmed milk. Feeling great. My fast days are Sunday, Wednesday and Friday but this Sunday I'm out with my Sister who I haven't seen for 6 months so I'm going to fast on Monday instead. I love the flexibility in this WOE and the fact that when I'm out with my Sister I can eat dessert yeahhhh. Had a brill day and first week weigh-in tomorrow. Hope it's a good one :-)
Made an enormous, and I mean enormous, stir fry with a little chicken and a lot of carrot, onion, mushrooms, courgette, peppers and bean sprouts, flavoured with chilli, garlic, ginger, tamarind, coriander leaf and soy sauce. Came to 400 cal, but probably won't eat any more today, we'll see!
I need to improve my calorie counting skills. They are pathetic!!!
Just finished my evening meal of roast sea bass fillet and tomatoes.!Delicious. Blueberries for dessert.

Today, Day 2 was better than Day 1 - no headache. I opted for an egg breakfast rather than porridge and drank loads of water, which seems to have helped. I haven't had any cravings and even went into the deli and bought food for tomorrow. Brave, I thought :)

Another big differnce was that I felt really energised and did some spring cleaning (ha ha)rather than sitting down all day.

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep warm.
Taken myself to bed to watch stuff on youtube and lovefilm...whatever shows the best! haha
I'm so happy that I kept a few calories to spare. Although I'm not hungry, my sore throat and my cold were asking for something hot. I made broth using half a stock cube and lots of spices!!! It was what the doctor ordered...
ooooh TML13 that sounds lovely!
Another good fasting day behind me. I lasted all day until tea time, and I was so cold, especially my hands.
Then I and had what felt a massive tea of Moroccan chicken with chickpeas plus extra cooked celeriac and a cucumber salad. I could not finish it and I can't believe that it came to less that 400 - I calculated every morsel in MFP though. I also had a mini mini choc chip muffin, not usually recommended, BUT: I made a batch for the kids' packed lunches tomorrow and carefully calculated (thanks MFP) that each one is 75 cal :grin: My hands have been warm all evening... And I resisted the hot choc when I came home just now, had a black coffee instead.

Add to that lots of cycling (two 40 minute round trips in the icy gale that's blowing) - I'm knackered now.

Good night everyone and have a good weekend!
62 posts Page 4 of 5