The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

112 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
Re: DeMuralist's Progress
28 Aug 2013, 16:33
so I made the 20 hours without calories yesterday. Unfortunately when I started I could not seem to stop, I didn't have this problem the other time I did this, so I am thinking I just need to figure out a way to slow down so I can hear my body say that is enough. It told me so yesterday, but I kept eating anyway. So I got 810 calories instead of my 550.

On a positive note, I am wearing a belt that has been too small to wear, and I can breathe even while I am sitting down.
29 Aug 2013, 16:32
So after the 810 calorie 20 hour fast day, I gained 3+ pounds.

This morning after a non-fasting day in which I didn't track, I lost a pound of it back.

There are some strange goings on in this body of mine. So I have 2.4 more to lose to get back to the low weight of last week.

Now I am in my second fast day today, doing 20 hours again, and have another one this weekend planned.

Today will be reasonably easy to get the 20 hours since I have a class right after work, then have to run an errand on the way home. So it will be 22 hours before I can even begin to prepare the meal. (baked fish and salad)

Curious to see what tomorrow's scale has to say.
03 Sep 2013, 18:22
The scale did not reward me for my 20 hour fasts. They were not as pleasant as my regular fasts so I am going back to those. Basically I have between 50 and 100 calories of fat, depending on how many cups of coffee with cream I have, and then dinner. I didn't love drinking black coffee.

Today is a fast day.
05 Sep 2013, 19:38
yesterday's non-fasting day went well. and the was kind enough to show the same number as the day before, which is unfortunately still 4 pounds above my low from a few weeks ago.

Today is a fast day.
06 Sep 2013, 17:09
so after yesterday's successful (?) fast, I am up another 1.4 pounds. Now that is 6 pounds up from my low 3 weeks ago. A bit disheartening, but not devastating. I will go on as planned, I know this works, not sure why I am having this little glitch, but it will turn soon.
06 Sep 2013, 17:30
09 Sep 2013, 00:25
So I had planned for today to be a fast, not successful. Not to worry, I did get 2 in this week, and oddly I have been gaining after the successful fasts and losing weight after successful non-fast days.

Tomorrow is a non-fast day, my next fast is Tuesday. It is a work day so it should be easy.
09 Sep 2013, 19:16
Since today is a non-fast day, I plan a taco salad for dinner tonight. Basically a large salad with taco meat on top of it.

I had a piece of egg/sausage/veggie casserole and half a muffin for breakfast. 2 bites of potato salad that didn't fit into DH's lunch containers for lunch, and a couple of cups of coffee with HWC.
10 Sep 2013, 18:58
Well as of this morning, my scale says I am up almost 9 pounds. Some of that is that I am retaining fluids, I can feel it in my ankles and fingers.

I am not discouraged though, I will plod on. Drinking much more fluids though, try and get those out of the system.

I really think I need to steer clear of bread type things too, or maybe at least the sugary versions of them for a while.

Today is a fast day, dinner is planned to be baked fish with spaghetti squash, and maybe knojac noodles, with a tablespoon of good butter and finished with a nice iced decaf coffee.
14 Sep 2013, 14:20
So I have lost 5 of the 9 pounds now, so only 4 more to go. I have fallen back in step and it feels good. I now do 2 to 3 fasting days a week. The 2 days I work but don't fast go best if I just do dinner and not eat when I get home from work. Mostly it is about timing. If I eat when I get home I am not really hungry for dinner, but eat it anyway to be sociable, horrible reason but there it is. On the days I am not fasting and not working, I just start the day with coffee and cream and eat when I get hungry, usually around 2 pm, then dinner. One day a week I allow for just eating (i.e.. if I go to a party or have friends over to just enjoy myself) and this actually seems to reduce the amount of food I eat.

Anyway, feeling really good about how things are going right now.
14 Sep 2013, 20:03
deMuralist wrote: Anyway, feeling really good about how things are going right now.

Nice one deMuralist, it's really good when it all comes together isn't it! :)
14 Sep 2013, 20:46
thanks, yes!

The thing that I truly love about this program is that I can get right back on it. Never been able to do that before. Once I fall off the wagon I usually have the mind set that, if I fell off it I probably can't stick to it anyway, I think. Whatever the reason I have never been good on a program the second time around. But with the 5:2, it isn't really like I ever totally left it right? I just extended my 5 part a little too long.

I really love that nothing is really totally off limits either.
15 Sep 2013, 21:42
today is a fast day. It is a hard one, been hungry all afternoon.

I worked hard this morning, did 3 hours of heavy gardening (planting and transplanting), after running a few errands.

So I took some time this afternoon to listen to a meditation, and it helped. Now I am roaming the internet, trying to stay away from pinterest which is always full of food photos.

Luckily I only have an hour or so till I start in on dinner, and have enough calories to add a nice decaf iced coffee with cream and coconut milk for an after dinner treat.
18 Sep 2013, 16:58
thins are going well. Had a bit of a blip yesterday morning on the scale, up 2.2 due to some excessive tasting while I was making frosting for a cake I am going to enter into a competition. No harm no foul though as yesterday's successful fast dropped that 2.2, and another .2, so no long term damage done.

This week will end up being a 5:2 as opposed to a 4:3, because we have plans for Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Regarding Caroee's post about longer fasts. I am going to try finishing food by 6 on most evenings, allowing for a full 12 hour fast every night. I start every day with an iced coffee, which I use heavy cream and coconut milk in. So virtually no carbs, just fat. I am slowly moving toward 1 meal a day most days. Because once I start I have trouble stopping, but I can put off starting for quite a while.
19 Sep 2013, 15:40
another .4 drop, even after yesterday's food fest. I ate a lot, well over my TDEE, so I deserved a gain, but the scale was kind.

Today is a fast, I plan to do liquid fats all day (heavy cream and coconut milk in coffee and tea). Just curious as to how it will work, with hunger as well as with how I feel in general as well as what the scale will say.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
112 posts Page 3 of 8