The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

112 posts Page 6 of 8
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: DeMuralist's Progress
04 Jun 2014, 15:53
So pleased that your fast day went well. :grin: Welcome back! Onwards and downwards! :smile:
05 Jun 2014, 13:14
Thanks!

Yesterday's non-fasting day went well, I did not go crazy or even feel the need to. I had a lovely dinner salad with a nice piece of steak cut up on top, sprinkled with blue cheese and a small bit of ice cream for dessert.

Expect to have another good non-fasting day today as well.
07 Jun 2014, 00:35
Had a decent fast day today, feels pretty good going into the weekend. I have things I want to do that I think are fun, so I have something to look forward to and think about besides food.
07 Jun 2014, 03:09
I tend to have a cup of iced coffee every morning, with cream and coconut milk. So on my fast days this eats up 120 calories of my 535. For my next fast day (Tuesday) I plan to switch to Yerba Mate, which I can easily drink without cream or coconut milk, and that way I can have my full set of calories for dinner and it extends the amount of time I actually go without any calories, which I think increases the health benefits.
07 Jun 2014, 12:54
well I ended the week where I started weight wise. To be fair yesterday's fast was not the best, so I plan to go with the idea I had above. I am also thinking of doing my fast days as real fast days, virtually no calories, just the teas and see how that goes. I have a problem with stopping. I can put off starting to eat reasonably well, but once I have started, well I tend to nibble.

So essentially the fast will go from dinner on Monday until coffee/breakfast on Wednesday. We will see how that goes. Hope to do this 2 days a week, Tuesday and Friday.
09 Jun 2014, 14:58
ok, So I am doing a version of the Fast Beach Diet, basically a 6 week strict following. Here is the plan...

Fast days on Tuesday and Friday
The rest of the days will be under 2,000 calories
NEAT will be 10,000 steps a day and 10 flights of stairs
I plan to time myself doing a plank every Monday morning
3x's a week to "run" up the driveway and walk back down as my HIT

Today's weight is 256.2.
10 Jun 2014, 09:39
Good luck, looking forward to reading how it all went,

Ballerina x :heart:
10 Jun 2014, 23:14
Thank you for the support.

well, the "exercise" is what always gets me. I didn't time the plank yesterday, and our weather has not allowed our evening walks, so my steps are falling short. Not going to beat myself up over it, I will get there.

On a positive note, I use a standing desk at work, and brought home a podium that I will rig so that I can stand when I use the computer at home. This way I will only sit for a short time at the end of the day. Even if I don't get more steps this way it is healthier to stand than to sit, it works more muscles.

Food yesterday went very well! I had 1,264 calories of nutritious food, no anxiety about not eating, and no willpower necessary. It was very comfortable.

Today is going very well also. I skipped my morning coffee since I can't drink without cream and coconut milk, and instead drank teas, to save the calories for dinner. I am having a large salad for dinner, and drinking a lot of tea and water. I love a nice salad so this is something I am looking forward to.

weight 255.6 this morning, down .6 since yesterday. Moving in the right direction!
11 Jun 2014, 12:55
weight 254.8 so down .8 after a successful fast day. Today is a non-fast day and a work day, so I will have my morning coffee with cream and coconut milk, then just tea and water at work, and then dinner. Tonight is baked Mahi-Mahi, and sautéed kale, with a nice glass of wine
12 Jun 2014, 12:31
255 up .2 after a non- fasting day. I ended up making artichoke quiche and a salad.

things are going well.
14 Jun 2014, 12:16
255, that is 1.2 down for the week so far. Monday will be a week, and that weigh in will be after 2 non-fasting days, it will be interesting to see. Hoping it is still lower, obviously. That will be the first week of my 6 week strict version.

I was going over my medical records. I noted that the lowest I have weighed since I have been seeing this doctor is 239, a few years ago. I have to see her again in December. Normally, I don't set date/weight goals but I am going to make an exception here. I want to be in the 30's by the time of that appointment, which is actually December 8th. That is 26 weeks away, if I calculated correctly, and I have, lets call it 20 pounds to get there. Now that is a reasonable goal, I think. So here I go....
14 Jun 2014, 12:57
That's a good goal you have set yourself and now we all know about it the game is on, no slacking or we will all jump on you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Jun 2014, 18:29
Well done Chris and good luck with your goal- I'm signing up to the post Solstice challenge, the challenges have been key short term goals that I could focus on achieving and I did! I also pop into the walking tent for a chat and challenge to see what peeps are up to walking around the world. A walk on fast days definitely produces results. See you soon! I can jump too :lol:
15 Jun 2014, 13:34
Thanks so much for the support, all! I will have to check out the Solstice challenge. Challenges tend to not be something I do, but it may be helpful here.

254.6 down .4 after a non-fasting day. If that holds till tomorrow morning then that will be a 2 pound loss for my first week back.

A general review of this week, the food went well for the most part. The first fast went very well, the second fast a little more difficult. The non-fast days went very well also, and I find I do best if I don't actually eat breakfast. I am not usually hungry early in the day and well it uses up calories that I would rather have later in the day.

As to movement, I did finally time a "plank" though I could only manage a knee to elbow as opposed to a toe to elbow, and made it to a count of 20 (one one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand, etc). My daily steps this week averaged over 7,000 steps a day which is a 2,000 step increase over what I had been doing. And most days I did 10 flights of stairs.

The goals for this coming week are to stick to the stricter 5:2 (fast days under 500, non-fast days under 1,800), keep daily steps over 7,000 and daily flights of stairs over 10, and time my plank again.
15 Jun 2014, 23:06
Summer solstice is 21st June! You might like to wait for the next challenge.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
112 posts Page 6 of 8