The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

112 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: DeMuralist's Progress
18 Nov 2013, 19:30
:oops: thanks, it was very nice. We had lovely weather and I roamed outside quite a bit, had a phone call from my parents and from my son (! and he never calls). And yes enjoyed a bit of wine.
23 Nov 2013, 14:23
249.8, that is a new low, and puts me right at 40lbs lost in the past year, 24lbs.+ since starting 5:2/4:3 on April 1st (I was a floundering LCer before I found this). Anyway that means that I am still going well with a .72lb weekly average, which falls perfectly between my goal of a half pound to a pound a week!

All just in time for this week's Thanksgiving feast on Thursday.
23 Nov 2013, 15:41
Great to see your progress.

Wow another all time low. You are moving nearer towards your goal of 234.

A big congratulations on losing 40lb so far.

Lesley
01 Dec 2013, 15:06
thanks, it appears I am not very good at keeping up here, mostly just when I hit a new low or get very bored at work.

This has been Thanksgiving week for the U.S., this is the start, for us, of the holiday food gluttony. Thankfully it is a short season this year, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November.

So my weight this morning, with an official gain of only 3 pounds after a week of not only not fasting but downright feasting, 252.8. I feel pretty good about that actually.

Today is still not a fast day, though I will be on the low end as I will spend most of the day in a car taking my kids back to college. Tomorrow is my fast day.
05 Dec 2013, 14:31
247.4 another new low, I am keeping with a steady .75lb loss a week, which is perfect for me. Thrilled that I was able to jump back on and lose the weight from Thanksgiving so quickly and easily! Love love love this WOE/WOL
05 Dec 2013, 15:53
Congratulations on your weight loss, so far. You are now over a third of the way to your target weight and are losing it really steadily, which will make it much more sustainable at 'journey's end'. Well done! Three cheers for you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
07 Dec 2013, 18:05
thanks! I had not realized I was over a third of the way there! It makes it seem like much more of an accomplishment said that way, I appreciate the new perspective!
04 Jan 2014, 00:28
well gained 12 pounds between December 5th and January 3rd. Back on it, Today was a fast day and so far it is going very well. Just plan to do fluids the rest of the day be on my way back start to my low weight of Dec. 5th.
04 Jan 2014, 02:14
Hi! I gained about 4 or 5 lbs. (I think) over the holidays and hit the fast today. I am confident that as long as I do my fasts, it will work out. I am confident that you, also, will get right back on track. Ironically, it was last year's holiday gain that was on its way to be a permanent gain, that sent me to 5:2 in March. It really worked then, and I know it will work this time. Best of luck :clover:

Chris
14 Jan 2014, 00:15
HI, thanks for the support. Unfortunately, these last 10 days, the weight has gone in the wrong direction, so I am up to 262, which is a15 pound gain since Dec. 5th. However today's fast day is going very well. Just need to drink my hot teas for the rest of the night and I am home free.

I know this will go the way I need it to, I am not worried.
02 Jun 2014, 13:22
umm, yes, well, at least I am back. Restart in progress...

254.8 today. So less than I was in January, not quite back to my December low of 247.

My plan is to do the 5:2 for a while. I had been fasting for 3 days a week and 2 of those were in a row because it is easier to fast on a work day. But I am going to just do 2 fast days for a while and see how that goes.

My non-fast days I will follow my 4 Golden rules ("stolen" from Paul McKenna), and expect that I will come within my 2,100 calorie range for those days.
1. Eat only when physically hungry
2. Eat what I want NOT what I think I should have
3. Eat mindfully
4. Stop when I am no longer hungry.

My fast days, I will just eat one meal, dinner, and it will be 500 or less calories. The other bit will come from the cream in my morning coffee.

My work days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, so either Tuesday or Wednesday and Friday will be the fast days.

Easy peasy, I am back to it.
02 Jun 2014, 18:56
:clover: Welcome back and all the best
02 Jun 2014, 23:37
thanks so much!
03 Jun 2014, 23:19
Yeah, first fast day has gone very well, just 3 hours to bed time, dinner done, plenty of lovely tea to drink.
04 Jun 2014, 12:21
253, down 1.2 after my fast day. Felt good to be back.

Today is a work day, so I only eat dinner, but I won't limit it to 500 or less calories.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
112 posts Page 5 of 8