The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

112 posts Page 4 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: DeMuralist's Progress
19 Sep 2013, 17:50
Good luck for today. I did my first 36 hr liquid fast yesterday using coconut oil and it was not as bad as I imagined. Kudos on your progress.
24 Sep 2013, 18:40
wow, I am slacking on keeping up (not on my program though). The fast days with only drinking work very well for me on the work days. I need to be more dedicated on my days off. I am sure I can do them, just need to really commit to it.

So this week, Tuesday, Thursday and probably Saturday.

Basically I drink an iced coffee, with 1T of Heavy cream and 2oz of coconut milk (about 60 calories total), then an iced green Matcha tea with 1T of heavy cream (another 50), and usually 2 more iced coffees (decaf) for another 120 calories. Total for the day ends up being between 250 and 300.

Just read the article on Dr. Varady's work, though, and she says that the more successful dieters had their calories in one sitting as opposed to spread out like that. But so far it works so I will stick with it.
26 Sep 2013, 12:26
I think that as your calories are not from carbs (or at least only a tiny bit from carbs) it doesn't matter when you have them. The benefit of not splitting up the cals is that you have a longer time with no carbs in the system, but if you're not having carbs then it's not a problem.
26 Sep 2013, 20:39
sweet, I was hoping that was the case. I am currently working on doing the 3 days a week, in which virtually all of my calories come from fat, as I talked about above.

Tuesday, the only "food" I had was some celery, so carbs were still very low. Today is my second fast day this week, and since I have errands to run after work it is highly likely that I will be able to do just the liquids today.

The other thing that Dr. Varady said is that the ADF helps keep you "honest" (my word not hers) on the up days. She seemed to think that consecutive up days were not optimal. So it is my plan not to have more than 2 in a row when ever possible. I don't like doing straight ADF because it does not allow the flexibility I need to live a "normal" life and be able to enjoy food when I am out with friends. Moving that 3rd fast day around makes life much easier and increases the likelihood of it being a life long plan. So if it goes a tad slower but lasts for life it will be worth it.
29 Sep 2013, 14:39
ok, so I reached a new low today, weight wise.... I am thinking 3 days a week is my ticket. However today and tomorrow are non-fasting days-the dreaded 2 consecutive. And I started TTOM this morning. I should be done with these now, but while they are spreading out further and further, they still sneak up on me about every 6 weeks now.

I plan to eat only one meal both today and tomorrow with maybe a very light snack mid-afternoon. I think I will also make a little treat for one of the days, I have been jonesing for a bit of cheesecake. I tend to stay fairly low-carb, though not technically/strictly because it didn't work for me as far as weight loss was concerned when I did it for over a year. But I don't eat pasta, potatoes, or rice, and very rarely bread or pizza. I also don't deprive myself on my non-fasting days, so if I feel the need I will go ahead and eat it. My fasting days this week though have been very low carb, and it has worked well. So I will keep that up.
01 Oct 2013, 16:20
I am rethinking the timing of my days. I am a night owl by nature. But I have been putting my self to bed at 9:30 (or trying to), so that I can get up at 6:30 and get on the treadmill. It is not working well.

For the next few weeks I am going to try to let myself go to bed at 10:30, to wake up at 7:30 (it takes me 9 hours to get 8 hours of sleep), and do the treadmill when I get home from work (on work days) but first thing in the morning on non-work days.

This should improve my NEAT, as well as my sleep quality, but maybe also my weight loss.

Food yesterday went well, and today is a fasting day. This is becoming a thoughtless process now. Part of me and what I do. I like that!
09 Oct 2013, 14:48
I hit a new low today (253.4) so what I am doing is obviously working.

I did change my sleep patterns, and while it has improved my sleep quality, it has not improved my NEAT (yet).

My fasting days now are mostly liquid, sometimes with some crunchy veggies thrown in at the end of the day. It works for me for now.
11 Oct 2013, 15:05
Another low...252.8. This one makes me very happy as I weighed 252 at the last appointment before delivering my baby (well actually both deliveries coincidentally). My babies are now 20 and 18 years old, so it is about time I lost the baby fat!

Fasting days are just a habit now, and usually fairly easy. Sleep is still getting better and better, NEAT not so much (yet).

Very happy with this plan and its results. I am glad I stuck it out through the months when the scale was less than cooperative, and I am still (even with those months) losing .8 lbs per week, which keeps me within my goal of .5 to 1 lb per week.
02 Nov 2013, 19:39
I reached another new low 251.4 two weeks ago, but forgot to post here. So officially under the delivery weight of my pregnancies.

I am still plodding along, a trip last week ended up with me only doing one fast in that week, I normally do 3, so my weight went up a bit, but it is coming back down nicely. I love that I can get right back into the groove with no guilt or major consequences for veering off a bit. It really does make this something I will be able to keep up with for the rest of my life. I will just adjust the number of fast days in a week to maintain, once I reach my goal.

My weight is averaging between a half a pound and a pound a week, slow and steady, so I am thrilled. It may take a couple of years, but I will turn 55, then 56, then 57 and I can do it bigger or smaller than the previous birthday, this plan significantly increases the likelihood that it will be smaller! (my 55th is this month)
02 Nov 2013, 19:50
You are going well, agree with fluids being the way to go. Power to you towards your goal and maintaining this WOL
02 Nov 2013, 19:52
thanks, I appreciate the support!
04 Nov 2013, 14:04
250.8 another low!!!

Next goal is 234, which is just below my lowest weight in the past 5 years.
15 Nov 2013, 17:27
250.8 re-hit my new low yesterday. Today is a fast day, curious to see if I get into the 40 this week or next.
18 Nov 2013, 17:00
dropped to 250.4 on Saturday after my fast day, back up to 253.4 after two non-fasting days. I am doing a fast day today (I now do M-W-F), and plan to do it liquid - assuming you count a smoothie as a liquid since it is really liquified food. I am finding that once I chew on something it tends to set me off on a scavenger hunt through my pantry.

Last Monday was my 55th birthday. It was a very positive one given my success with this WOL. Very exciting since on my 54th I was struggling and doing VLC and gaining.
18 Nov 2013, 17:52
Happy belated Birthday Chris! :cake: :wine: :heart: :)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
112 posts Page 4 of 8