The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

55 posts Page 1 of 4
Goal reached
01 Aug 2013, 20:18
Well not really sure where to put this post - inspirational stories? I think it would be inspirational to a lot of people to know that you can erase the weight gains of 6 years in just under 5 months. My story in brief:

Heard a snippet on TV about new fasting diet, did research, bought book, started fasting within that week on March 10th. I read the book cover to cover very quickly. Real fasting wasn't new to me, I used to do 5 day fasts in the 90s...maybe once a year for a cleanse. I quickly went to 4:3 as I thought with not a lot of weight to lose I might need to go harder. Initially my goal was to lose 6kg, however when I lost that 6kg quite quickly - 10 weeks, I realised I needed to lose more to really fit into those old vintage designer jeans waiting patiently for me. I then hit a snag - plateau for at least 8 weeks, but in this time I had lowered my thyroid meds and gone to 5:2. So 2 weeks ago I went 4:3 again, put the meds back to where they had been and lost 1kg first week and this week .5kg. So today I weighed in and exactly, on the dot, 59kg, goal weight! I will continue to fast, but now it will be 5:2

Some of the changes to my eating have been opposite to a lot of people here. For a start I have not eaten so many carbs in the last 15 years! My diet before IF was low GI carb on everyday things...no rice, pasta, spuds, rarely bread, no cereal. But I would drink red carbs :wink: every night and eat something sweet and carb laden every day...with guilt! I never ate butter (used mayo or avocado on bread if I ever ate it). I went to the gym 3X a week. I never over ate - something I do now especially on 4:3 - it's as if I am afraid I'll starve the next day or something. Now I eat butter, bread (don't like rice or pasta...unless it's hand made), still drink but half as much, I eat cakes freely without guilt. I NEVER go to the gym now. So as you can see my diet has gone to what would be considered less healthy, however I have lost the weight. My next goal is to bring these 2 lifestyles closer. 4:3 made me eat a bit too much on feed days, so it will now be 5:2 for me. I will watch this over eating tendency I have picked up. I think the novelty of being able to 'eat what I wanted' (& I have done that), hence overeating, will wear off soon enough, especially with only 2 fasts a week (which BTW seems really easy after 4:3 for months).

I am amazed at how easily I have managed this weight loss. Of all the weight loss methods I have tried over the years, this is, for me, the easiest, most sustainable. And my face hasn't got any wrinklier :grin:
Re: Goal reached
01 Aug 2013, 20:22
Well done you & congratulations. :star: :star:
01 Aug 2013, 20:27
Well done,you must look and feel fantastic!
01 Aug 2013, 20:28
Hi GMH and Congratulations on reaching goal you've done amazingly well :like: :like: Good Luck with maintenance :clover: Sue
01 Aug 2013, 20:32
Well done and must add you have provided some great threads for us all to chat on. All the best with your new plan, sounds very doable especially following your success so far
01 Aug 2013, 20:55
Woohoo!!!!
That's fantastic!!!!
01 Aug 2013, 21:10
Congratulations GMH :victory: . You should be very pleased with your achievement :like: :like:
01 Aug 2013, 21:18
GMH how fantastic - well done and congrats!! :like: :like: :clover: :clover: :victory: :victory:
Will be interested to know how you get on in maintenance - especially as you've done so well getting there.
01 Aug 2013, 21:19
Well, who's a clever, and slim, girl? Congratulations, you, quite rightly, must be very pleased with that result. It is such a lovely feeling and the self satisfaction is wonderful. Hope your maintenance plans go every bit as well, no reason for them not to. :grin: :victory: :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Aug 2013, 21:23
That's awesome! Congratulations and happy maintenance!
01 Aug 2013, 21:28
Congratulation. :rainbow: :)
01 Aug 2013, 21:39
Well done you - what a lovely feeling it must be to reach your target :like: :smile:
01 Aug 2013, 21:50
Congratulations :) You are certainly inspirational to me! Brilliant news
01 Aug 2013, 23:31
Well done on reaching your goal :star:
01 Aug 2013, 23:44
Well done, GMH. Good luck with maintenance.
55 posts Page 1 of 4