The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

54 posts Page 2 of 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IShjmWYuHZ0

Saw this documentary movie again today. I find it so touching whether you have horses or not - this is a lot more about people than horses anyway. And it matches our issue about childhood issues. The guy, Buck Brannaman - known as the real horse whisperer - got his fate with a very violent father. What kind of soul and light emerged from that is very beautiful in my eyes.

Hm... was not able to insert this with the youtube order in the tool bar (like tag) ? No clue why...
Me going nuts on a raspberry-bed...

<-- Was the last piece. Tomorrow will be my third FD this week so I am not going to bake a new one. Maybe on Sunday. It amazes me that I can not get enough of it. Yet I suppose my body wants almonds and nuts for a reason.

Yesterday I finally found the MM documentary Eat, fast and live longer. Great to watch. Had read about MM's journey in his book yet seeing it made it even better.

I am so curious what my blood will tell when I'll get it checked middle of March after - on the whole - 16 weeks of 5:2/4:3 fasts. Last time my weight was 86 kg, my cholesterol and blood-pressure were too high. And my thyroid "lame" (whatever that is supposed to mean). I will have to find another physician because my last one speaks not clearly - for my ears - and is very quick with medication. Have thought about prolonging my no-alc-period until Easter. On the other hand do I like a glass of red wine now and then... well, I will decide this when the 10 weeks are over...

nice day to all thread-visitors
:heart: M
Waving back at you @Mahalo although I don't have such a great smilie as you! :chic:
Is that the cake you mentioned a while ago..with nuts and evil things? Looks like a delish cheesecake though (anything looks good on a fast day! :starving: )
@nursebean
you can find the lil green guy and lots of other really cute and directly linkable smileys here:
http://www.greensmilies.com/smilie-album/

And yes, the cake from the pic, is the one I wrote about at the beginning of this thread. It is kind of a cheese cake for there are 500 g lowfat quark in it.

Going out with my son now. He he having late dinner, spontaneously... yep, naughty me... Tomorrow is FD so WTH :razz:

Cheerio
M
@mahalo the smileys are fab fun! I wonder if i can use them with an ipad...hmmm must look into it x
I think I had difficulty grinding down the nuts finely enough to give a light texture - I might be tempted to use pre-ground next time.

Also, I used 4 medium egg whites (approx 110-120g) and I think that I need to increase this amount.

However, I've looking forward to the next experiment with this. Thank You!
I wonder if there's such a thing as an Angel Delight cake. Hmmm :confused:
Not sure how to add a green smiley but they are super cute @Mahalo...hope you enjoy your surprise meal :wink:

Wanna know how this works with the green guys? :cool: You click one album you like, for instance "Essen & Trinken" which means Food & Beverage. Then you choose one of them and move the cursor over it. A box shows up. You check the second from above "BBCode ohne Link" and copy the line at the buttom of the little window. Insert it at fastday. Done :grin: Should work for any device including apple pods and pads ^^

Had a Falafel plate.

Good night, tomorrow last fast of the week for me...
@ssure
This morning I combined peanuts, walnuts and almonds. Yikes, did not like the result. Peanuts unfold a really strong taste of their own that dominates the cake in a way I did not like at all... :doh: I will not use them anymore in future cakes. And, I use pre-ground mostly, too. (And four middle-sized eggs always. Would be interesting to learn what more will do.)

Not sure yet when to fast... tomorrow or Tuesday...? I will decide spontaneously again yet tend to have a FD tomorrow. I feel so full today. Even though I did not eat that much. Biked 50 kilometers to feel better. Did not really work. Anyway!

I wish all of you a nice evening
M :heart:

Thanks for the help,@mahalo! But i can't paste the pic, i just get the code as above x x :confused:
Think it mustn't work on ipad,will get my laptop out tomorrow coz they are really fun! x
Falafels are nice! See you tomoz if you decide to fast Monday ( start the week off well! )
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.36 KiB) Viewed 691 times
@candicemarie
your smileys show perfectly :smile: Maybe they are displayed differently on your iPad than on my notebook? I see them as they should be.

Have a good night
Mahalo
Ohh i can see them too now @Mahalo! X
uh oh! Candy's got hold of the green smilies! Theres no hope for us now!! :shock:

Hmm those pesky green things don't seem to work for me :confused:
Oh yes they have!! Hoorah! Oh dear, what have you unleashed @Mahalo?! :shock:
By the way, have you thought of eating something that DOESN'T contain nuts?! :confused: :bugeyes:
54 posts Page 2 of 4