The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

54 posts Page 3 of 4
@nursebean
asking me that is like asking a: Image

:grin: well, on fast days I do without any of them. They have something my body wants/needs. Just a pity that I did not like the last result from my kitchen-lab. Will have to eat that quickly to get it out of the way.

Hey, I like you having fun with the green fellows (as posted elsewhere before). Shared fun and joy always is multiplicated for me (more than doubled) :heart:

M

Yay I did it, can't get them to work on signature though.
Thanks
Image Yes, looks like you can not embed any external resources in the signature, can you...
...FDs like yesterday give me a lot of time to ponder. Even more so when I am pedalling along on my exercise bike or outside on my library tours. I thought about the process level (meta level) of living/being alive. Friendships for instance. The visible element are - friends - flesh and blood. Yet what about friendship when they are gone? What about the ability and open heart of being able to be a true, loyal friend. This ability will stay with you no matter how people act(ed) on the outside. So the seed of friendship is deeply implanted in us/our heart. And there is the process of turning into oneself's best friend. Sounds cliché? I am very serious about it.

Same with money-related phenomena. I used to be good at shopping and combining clothes that looked far more expensive than they were. I had fun doing it (and never cared about labels). Then I have not spent money on clothes for a long while due to my professional situation. What I felt and still feel is that the ability to dress nicely stays with me no matter what clothes are on the outside.

And you know what? To feel that is like having the biggest (invisible) treasure in your inner wardrobe. Image

Sometimes I read about others here who analyze their situation so clearly I think: Yay, you see it, you are aware, you can name it. That means on the process level things have already changed totally. Before we were unaware, unconscious. Once we see our acting we are not the same anymore. Even if we overeat... (or do something else). We can never go back to unconscious...

Ha,
when I just saw this thread it was: ImageImageImage
visitors
and ImageImage
replies.

Isn't that kinda magic again Image
Love stuff like that Image
Hi M! Cool post!
IImage
I like seeing patterns in numbers too..i always notice on a digital clock when it says 11:11,2:22 etc..and i love it when numbers read the same backwards as well as forwards..e.g., DD got married on 21/7/12!
I like your idea of having a good old rumination about things on FDs ..
On fast days, i often take the opportunity to have a declutter at home while my insides are hopefully decluttering too!Also, i do phone calls and tasks i have put off...seems a good day to tackle such things,while i' m feeling so virtuous!.
Friendships..they say they can be for a reason,a season or a lifetime..think ive experienced all three kinds,and have learnt something from them all too.
And yes i think if you have an eye for what suits you and a flair for pulling an outfit together,you won't lose it even if you lose the dosh - in fact at such times,it can be all the more useful.. A priceless skill!
And yep i think youre right..whether its about our eating habits or something else, once we learn something about ourselves,we don't unlearn it,so mistakes and fails along the way are all part of the education...i guess in that case we shouldn't get so disheartened when we put weight on. - if its all just part of the process x

Thanks @CandiceMarie,
I have days when I "collect" three, four of those glances at my clock (just "by accident") and I like it, too. To me it is a sign that I am balanced :wink: A while ago I asked the universe for a sign via license plate. I asked for a heart in words (on a plate of a car). A few meters after that wishful thinking came a plate with the letters H E R and S in it which is almost the German word HERZ. Only the Z was a bit modified as a S.

I know this sounds odd yet once you pay attention to phenomenons like that, there are a lot of them. Everyday magic (for me).

Cheerio and a good FD to all who are in
M :heart:
Gimme 5
Careful, please, this post is about life's limitation (and may be triggering).

Australian Bronnie Ware, author of “The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying”, supported people at the end of their lives in terminal care. In retrospective they were identifiying 5 very common regrets. What about us in here and now? Can we learn from them by being aware of these and how to embed them in our daily life... I feel and think: yes, we can.

Quote:
1. I wished I’d have the courage to be true to myself instead of living like others expect me to…
2. I wished I’d have not worked so much…
3. I wished I’d have had the courage to express myself and my feelings (more) authentically.
4. I wished I’d have stayed in touch with my friends…
5. I wished I’d have allowed myself more joy.

I find it precious to locate oneself in the blossom of life by wondering about these five topics.

My main focus these days is #5. That's why I called the post Gimme5. Joy, especially the small ones that are so easily overlooked and not perceived as joy. That warm bath. That wonderful music. The movie that touched me deeply. That smile on the street and and and.

Fasting - in my perception - opens me up for the joy in every day life... A pretzel with butter on a feast day can become heaven on earth. (For me, yessss!)

Have a wonder-ful day all
M :heart:
Its deffo extremely joyful Mahalo to eat for the first time in many hours! Everything tastes like nectar of the gods when you' ve waited a long time for it..you can feel how grateful your body is for the nourishment!
Another fasting joy for me is waking the day after a fast..tummy feels so rested and soothed...and flatter! And the sense of achievement is wonderful.
I can relate to 1,3,4 also to some extent..but not to number two..because of illness i had to retire early,but i wish i could have got some more working and earning years in..i wd be better off financially now if so.
...I know what you mean, CandiceMarie...

In moments like that I find or try to find comfort in Hafiz' words...

The place where you are right now
God circled on a map for you
wherever your eyes and arms and heart can move
Against the earth and the sky,
the beloved has bowed there-

The beloved has bowed there knowing
You were coming…

Often that gets me back into the balance of aware breathing (not always, of course)...
Thanks @mahalo
Lovely mellow comforting words

This is another fun site where we can create our own forum stuff... Image
http://www.smileygenerator.us/chalkboard/index.php
Just love stuff like that.
Thanks @mahalo...and here's another :lol: When Pigs Fly!
:like: best of luck with yr back to back @Mahalo :clover:
And with yr Sat'day weigh - in :heart: xx
Thanks, dear Image. Today my stomach is pretty loud again :razz: and I can not dream of all the yummy things I will eat tomorrow :wink: Anyway, I want to see something nice on that scale after 4 weeks of 4:3 that is why I will endure this, yes :victory:

Will make me some Shoti Maa Purity Flame tea now to calm my tum-tum :grin:

Dinner at 6:30 so some more hours to go.

Enjoy your day, all who read this
54 posts Page 3 of 4