The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

54 posts Page 4 of 4
Oh happy day... oh happy day

ImageImageImageImage ImageImage

Well done M! X X Image
I love this song!" Oh happy day" xx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGDvDGE7zk&sns=em
Thanks, CandiceMarie, I had just listened to that version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5_HBFCMXQ
:wink: Yours is also nice, just checked it out.

Funny enough, I had always thought/misheared they sing "Jesus walked" now I googled the lyrics and saw he washed... :oops:
Mahalo! I too for years thought it was Jesus walked and was always baffled what the next words were!
It was a revelation a few years ago when it clicked!
Thats a whole other thread " misheard song lyrics"
A few weeks ago,me and my DD were singing Wake Me Up Before You GoGo by Wham,and my daughter collapsed in giggles and said,what did you just sing?
For years ive sung,wake me up before you gogo,take me down to the Nile..
In fact as DD pointed out,its Take me dancing tonight! Xx
:cool: 11:38 p.m.
I edit this because not only have I mishearings but also misreadings. I totally missed the Nile-point and misunderstood you completely *blush Image

Here we have a super funny book about all these "mishearings" from songs and prayers and stuff. I cracked up laughing when reading it and many many things were so familiar...
Aloha,

Wadjda - a poetic derivation of the arabic word love - is a wonderful movie about a girl and her biggest dream. Prize winning and very worth seeing in my perception.

There are also two books I read recently and like to recommend: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce and A man called Ove by Fredrik Backman.

Just a Monday snippet from the cultural corner of my fasting being Image

Cheers
Mahalo
The other day I realized that I have not had chewing gum in over six months. I used to chew daily - sugarfree and many - yet I now think there must have been correlations between "eating flashes" and chewing gum. Have not done research on whether this is also an "official observation". Maybe it enlarged appetite...

Anyway, I could have never imagined to live without it. Now I have experienced that I did not even miss/realize it :grin:
I've had sugar free chewing gum recently@mahalo but i havent had bubble gum for years..
I dont think theyre very good for our bellies..i think maybe it makes the tum think food is on its way when it isnt!
Thanks for the recommendations..ive put them in my little notebook...

And thanks for the intro to Vimeo! X
Bye to all.
I am leaving this place.

M
54 posts Page 4 of 4