The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

54 posts Page 1 of 4

:smile: I decided to open a thread, too. Sometimes I just do not know where to put my thoughts or questions. They may be snippets, too small for a thread. (Like this I therefore posted in the Introduce-yourself-thread:
I have just found an interview with Dr. Pape who created the concept of SiS-nutrition. He was interviewed by European Business Journal.
http://www.european-business-journal.com/interviews/eat_up_a_diet_won_t_help_you_lose_weight/ )

Or just movies, books or quotes I'd like to share. A recipe for my absolute favorite cake. Stuff like that. And of course I will be happy if you join in the communication.

I will start sharing my absolute favorite cake. I bake it really often and eat two pieces as a full lunch-meal with raspberries on feast days. (My body and soul want it so to speak, it is more that this cake bakes me if you know what I mean...) The ingredients contain healthy fat and this cake makes me really happy, honestly :grin: For me it's good-mood-pastry. Call it 3-Nuts-Speed-Cake. Speed because you can make it quickly :wink:

You need:
4 eggs, 500 g quark (low fat), 250 g mixed nuts (of course you can also take only one kind - I like to mix three), cinnamon, peel of an organic lemon, 100 g whole wheat flour, 50 g brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey.

You seperate yolk and egg white. Beat the egg white until stiff. Then you mix yolk, lemon peel, cinnamon (as desired), quark, flour, nuts - my favorite mix is almond, walnut and cashew flour - sugar, honey. Finally you fold the egg white in carefully. Then all is put into a springform baking tin (coated with baking paper). 180 ° C, 30 - 40 minutes. It's possible to freeze it. I like it best when it's fresh, though.

It's a freestyle recipe. I cut this cake into 8 pieces (= 4 meals). It varies a bit depending on the kind of nuts you put in. Basically the whole cake is about 2878 kcal. Again the whole cake contains: 172,2 g fat (from the nuts and eggs, thus healthy kind of fat)
172,5 g carbs, 142,8 g protein

Before and after pictures... Image

If you serve it to family members who find it not sweet enough you can add ice cream or cream or fruit salad.

Your favorite recipes are very welcome Image

Cheers
Mahalo
I'm a very keen baker and this may well find its way into my oven tonight, so Thank You for the 3 nuts cake recipe. :)

As small note to clarify, you mention, "almond, walnut and cashew flour", so you grind down/mill all 3 of the nuts to a fine flour for a combined weight of 250g?
Yes :smile:, all milled nuts together are 250 g. I'll be happy if you will like this cake, too. Sometimes I take 100 g milled almonds and 50 g chopped ones and a second sort of nut with it. You can vary so much with this recipe, so the cake always will taste a little different.

Have fun baking :heart:
It was all going so well...and then you mentioned nuts!! :bugeyes:
I look forward to your next topic :smile:
Oops, @nursebean, does it mean you're allergic? Against all kinds of nuts? (Here they are called nuts even if they are not really nuts...) What about coconut? It should work well for the recipe, too. Or Brazil nut? You can try fruits instead, then it would be more like a casserole...
Oh how funny @Mahalo of all the nuts in the world, the two you mentioned are the worst for me. Brazil nuts?!! Mama miiiaaa!!! :shock:
I can eat Peanuts though, just a few at a time. This is good because it means I can eat Peanut Butter. Mmmmm :wink:
:smile:
5th FD 2015. ..

Reading a very interesting thread about eating and mindfulness/mindlessness/mindfreedom I started thinking about the thrilling paradoxes in our lives. Again, I do that once in a while: pondering on paradoxes.

One of my favorite paradox is the: unconditional love. What the bleep is unconditional love :wink: We put the condition right there into this expression. Many people I have met throughout my life insisted on unconditional love. And thus made that an condition. :razz: Funny, isn't it.

How could you call a love that expresses what the word wants to say...? Wholehearted love maybe? That would be it for me. Wholehearted or divine love...

When I started to let go of my past in many ways - an ongoing process of years - I wanted this kind of love for myself. There was no one to dedicate it... Then I realized: hey, you are there. You can (learn to) love yourself wholeheartedly! You can express the divine love towards yourself... The fact that you are alive means you are wanted/loved by the universe/God/the Great Spirit or how we want to call this energy. One thing to remind me of it is a magnet smiley. I put it on my bike. I put it in my flat. Whenever I look at my magent smiley, it tells me: "I love you wholeheartedly, dear!" Image

For my 50th birthday I gifted myself 50 small magnet smileys. One for each year. They are on my living-room door and tell about my thankfulness for years of being, learning, growing... It reframes age/aging for me. As a female single over 50 it is more important to me than ever before to appreciate my age and my experiences... A lot of devaluation is going on out there on dating sites (when you're honestly telling your age). The smileys support me in supporting myself.

Growing old this way makes me feel younger. Another paradox. The fasting days enlarge this feeling of power and energy. So it comes from within and from outside.

I send a smile(y) to all of you reading this Image

Mahalo
What a lovely post Mahalo!
I believe unconditional love can and does exist.Parents have it for their children...
We love them no matter what. ( not all parents do of course)
Many people would also say this about their pets
Another thought that can be applied about love is,Hate the sin,love the sinner X
Wrong sort of quark in the supermarket last night (flavoured ones only) - hoping for natural variety when I return tonight as I'm longing to try your recipe. :)
@CandiceMarie Yes, the parents' wholehearted - or unconditional - love, sigh... that is there because the child exists and that alone is "reason" enough... Happy are those who got loving parents like that on the outside past and present... we others have our inner Moms and Dads activated, right, or work on it...

Last year a book found me that really opened my eyes entirely. "Will I ever be good enough - healing the daughters of narcissistic mothers" by Dr. Karyl McBride. It was a very important book in my life.

@SSure I am really curious how you'll like the cake. Please keep me posted :smile:

I am sooo tired today and sooo hungry :lol:

Good night, read you soon
M
Hi @Mahalo that's why i said " not all"...my own parents were not that way either..but nor were their parents..eventually someone has to end that cycle. I hope ive managed to with my DD.
Sadly, like yourself,tho,she has a narcissistic parent...her Dad has been a very poor parent to DD and to her half brothers. If i'd understood about narcissism back then, i wdnt have had a child with him,as these parents cause so much hurt and damage, as no doubt you know only too well xx
I love your little characters @Mahalo where DO you get them from?
You live in Germany do you? What is online dating like over there?
:bugeyes:
@CandiceMarie
Yes, I read that "not all" and decided to share that I am one of the not all-daughters and to mention the book... Sorry to hear that we share these experiences, Candice. As an ACoN (adult child of narcissists, they love to pair up as well, so both my parents are) I also chose another one as partner/father. Have often thought about that question: What if I could turn back time?! My answer for myself is: Everything the same for I simply want to be the mother of that child I have. Although he took over an awful lot of fleas from his father (and I have my share in passing on special effects, too :cry: ). Sometimes I say to myself: I love this child but I dislike him (= his acting/behaviour/attitude)...

I was not able to fully break the cycle yet at least able to become conscious and aware myself - which my parents denied - and finally speak up. The weight loss is directly attached to my forgiveness- and letting go-work from 2014. I am not the woman that I used to be after I had faced all my truths. That gave me the power and will to really say bye to all those stored and toxic energies. That is why I love FD so much. They help me cleaning up inside, also my soul.

@nursebean
I love those smileys, too. They are all hand-picked in the internet and on my hard-disc. I upload them to photobucket to insert them here.

Dating sites in Germany? The vast majority of men here exclude their own age from their range. They want women 10, 15 or 20 years their minor. Go figure. Besides that most guys are in for human fast-food as I call it. And in my "experience" (from watching and reading profiles and messages) another vast majority is not single at all. This makes the whole thing really tough. Yet I am an optimist and stay honest (a core value for me)... I feel that my qualities will attract a wonderful partner when the time is ripe... I used to be very impatient when younger. I have learned to trust the universe's timing (or work on my trust :smile: ).

Today back to back fast for me like last week.

Cheerio for now
Mahalo
Oh wow @mahalo Three Ns in your life..One narcissist is too much ...i admire you greatly for what you're doing to undo the damage and how you've linked it up with yr weight loss,and i get how fasting helps with clearing the toxic effects of having Narcissists in your life. :victory:
I remember when i first read about narcissism and how chilling it was that my ex ticked every box :confused:
It was scary but such an eye opener.
I agree about not changing anything to have that particular child tho ..me too! X :like:
@CandiceMarie
Thanks again for sharing :smile: I guess there are a lot of narcs out there. My perception is that we live in a narcissistic time anyway. So many "values" still focus on the outside stuff. Look at all those "reality soaps" out there. WTH, what reality is that... People desperately addicted to (public) attention and millions following them living their life second hand only... oh my...

I also had far more narcs in my life than just family. Workplaces are full of them, too. I quit my last job because I had another female narcissist boss. I have vowed to myself that I will not accept it anymore to be treated like that. I see this as a chance life gives me to stand up against that now as an adult woman and walk away. When I quit she sent me 1.000 Euro less than my salary (and contract) was. It was illegal, of course. That fact showed me how right I was to leave. "Funny" thing is: my intuition told me to stay away from that employer. Yet I needed the money and accepted their offer "hoping" I was wrong. I wasn't.
Life creates many opportunities to heal... sometimes it blows my mind. I am still working on feeding my trust.

Apropos feeding: Had a wonderful breakfast this morning :grin: Third time I did a back-to-back FD. Worked well again. I see and welcome my hunger as an indicator of my jof of meals-to-come. Yesterday my joy was huge if you know what I mean :lol:

I have a recommendation from the book shelf: Life or death by Michael Robotham. It's his first standalone and I just loved this book. Am a huge Robotham fan. I can not even wait until he is translated into German, so I go get the English version as soon as it comes out...

Have a nice day
M :heart:
54 posts Page 1 of 4