The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

62 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: My spring 2014 challenge
28 Mar 2014, 21:40
Congratulations @barbarita :like:
Inspiring to read :victory:
03 Apr 2014, 17:12
Hello fast friends

Week two progress

Exercise

28/03. 5k walk
29/03. 5k walk/jog
30/03. 2.4 mile walk Ladies Walk Edenhall
31/03. 5.7 mile walk Cumbria Coast Path through Carlisle
01/04. 5k walk/jog
02/04. 4 mile walk Quarry Beck and the Ridge, Lanercost
03/04. 1.5 mile walk Dunmallet Circular, Pooley Bridge

Best time on jog/walk 44 min 51 sec

Sugar avoiding

Ate lunch out once; there may have been sugar in the home-made salad dressing or the sweetness may have been,balsamic vinegar. The salad came ready dressed. I am not going to start quizzing chefs about the contents of food that on the face of it one would not expect to be sweetened; it is not the same order of seriousness as someone with a nut allergy.
10 Apr 2014, 16:54
Hello fast friends

Week three progress

Exercise

04/04. 5k walk
05/04. 4.5 mile walk Tynedale Trail Hexham
06/04. 5k walk/jog
07/04. 5k walk
08/04. 8 mile walk Penrith, Stainton and Eamont Bridge
09/04. 5k walk
10/04. 10 mile walk Dacre, Pooley Bridge and Bennethead

Best time on jog/walk 44 min 12 sec

Sugar avoiding

Ate lunch out once; there may have been sugar in the fish batter or mushy peas
11 Apr 2014, 15:08
Well done and it all looks so enjoyable, I love long distance walks but my walking buddy is unable to walk any distance these days. I miss it very much.
17 Apr 2014, 14:49
Hello fast friends

Week four progress

Exercise

11/04. 5.33 mile walk Barton Church, Winder Hall and Pooley Bridge
12/04. 5k walk Waverley Gardens, Edinburgh
13/04. 4.7 mile walk Pooley Bridge and Heughscar Hill
14/04. 6 mile walk River Petteril, Carlisle and Wreay woods
15/04. 6.6 mile walk Horton-in-Ribblesdale to Ribblehead
16/04. 5k walk/jog
17/04. 5k walk/jog

Best time on jog/walk 43 min 19 sec

Sugar avoiding

Cheese and biscuit platter, Edinburgh - probably sugar in chutney
Aldi Salmon Thai red style, spotted sugar in ingredients too late!

@nessie you mentioned you are a walker in Edinburgh, sorry your companions can no longer go with you. I tend to solo most of the time as my fittest walking chum is mostly unavailable due to caring responsibilities, and my other walking friend is less fit and won't do early starts or anywhere there may be cows. Are there no walking groups in your area? I know they are not everyone's cup of tea.
17 Apr 2014, 15:31
Well done Barbarita on keeping the faith with your challenge, you have done really well and must have seen some lovely scenery on your walks as well!
17 Apr 2014, 16:25
Thank you @callyanna, yes those rambles are a real hardship :lol:

Only 3 more days then I'll decide on my challenge for the next month. All the best :heart:
17 Apr 2014, 17:19
@Barbarita, oh I have only just come over this thread, well done, the walks sound absolutely wonderful. I have joined 'meet-up' and I've really enjoyed walks in London so far and met some great people too. Latest walking group is 'walking by water' - next walk is on the south coast on 10 May. If anyone wants to find fellow walkers and find new friends 'meet up' is great, normally a group of 30-40 walkers. :smile:
20 Apr 2014, 16:09
Time to set myself the next challenge(s)

Beginning on April 21, for one month, every day either go for a proper walk up a fell or out of a walks book, or jog/walk around a circuit of 5k near home, or a bike ride of at least 10 miles.

And

Keep foods with added sugar low and log them.
Reduce dairy by having dairy-free Fridays
Trial of oil-pulling, every day to assess whitening effect.
20 Apr 2014, 16:13
Glad to meet a fellow rambler @Lizbean. I would like to know about other people walks, someone should set up a Rambing tent - not me though, I've done 25 miles in 3 days and am flaked :grin:
20 Apr 2014, 19:07
Well done on going so well with your challenge. I'm amused how you switch between miles and kms!

I'm a big walker too, both suburban and park, as well as hiking/bush walking/rambling. Yeh a rambling tent would be lovely, to hear about the different areas we all walk.
20 Apr 2014, 22:31
Well done @barbarita for completing you challenge I sure you will manage the next month equally as well. I used to do a lot of long distance walking but both my walking companions are out of action just now, I really miss it. :cry:
20 Apr 2014, 22:50
Well done on meeting your goals barbarita!
Did you eat the Aldi Salmon Wellington yet? We have it here I Australia too! We ate it on good Friday and it was really nice with a creamy dill sauce I think between the salmon and the pastry. If anyone else wants to try it go and get it soon as I'm pretty sure it is just an easter special. Hubs has just asked me to go on a walk now. Autumn has finally reached the blue mountains as its quite brisk outside.
Xxx
21 Apr 2014, 06:59
Hi @julianna I didn't even know there were Aldis in Australia, showing my ignorance! I actually plan to have the Lidl 3 fish roast with broccoli as the main event today. In the UK the salmon Wellington is available most of the time, so it will feature soon - but have I conquered my love of pastry? Do post about some of your favourite walks if you have time - you too @katamac.

@nessie hope you had a good holiday with your family. I've said to people that I would love a meet in Penrith but don't know what folk would find to do there, perhaps instead of coffee in town we should have a group ramble out to the farm shop in Staunton and then along the river Eamont. It would be a long way though and we would miss out on lunch at No 15 :cry:

Well I am off to Penrith now for a 5-miler to get away from the Helm Wind.
21 Apr 2014, 08:12
Hi @Barbarita wow, aren't you doing well on your challenges. I like walking and when there is nothing else on the agenda then a lovely brisk walk really clears my head and sets me up for the day. Most days I walk to our local shops, buy what we need for the day then, with my back pack sometimes quite heavy I set if for home again and it is uphill all the way but good for me. The total distance is about 3.5 miles so I always enjoy a cup of well earned coffee when I get home. Hubs used to be a great walker and we did some lovely walks together but since statins damaged his muscles and left him in permanent pain he is unable to walk for any great distance, or briskly, before he is gasping for breath. I really admire your determination to see your challenges through and I think you are very clever for setting them for one month, quite sustainable if it gets tedious. Good luck with the next one,

Ballerina x :heart:
62 posts Page 2 of 5