The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

62 posts Page 4 of 5
Re: My spring 2014 challenge
18 May 2014, 10:18
oh Clun barbarita! what a beautiful, peaceful little place 'the sleepiest place under the sun' apparently! Love it and know it well as our holiday home is only a couple of miles away.
18 May 2014, 12:08
Lucky you to live round there! I want to do the other Clun walks from the book but will have to wait until next year and our next trip to Shropshire. But next time I will walk from Much Wenlock to Church Stretton on the Jack Mytton Way rather than following the Edge all the way down to Craven Arms. The northern part is far prettier. I was walking near home yesterday trying to figure out the difference between the Clun area and the Eden Valley, and decided it was flatter here - OK we have bigger hills around with the Lake District and the North Pennines, and the rest of it Isn't exactly Norfolk, but there aren't the endlessly rolling hills and the deep wooded valleys.

Miss Shropshire already.
22 May 2014, 18:28
]Hello fast friends

Week nine progress
Exercise

16/05. 4 mile walk The Pike
17/05. 5k walk
18/05. 5k jog/walk
19/05. 4 mile walk Wreay Woods
20/05. 13.2 mile walk Garsdale station to Kirkby Stephen
21/05. 5k jog/walk
22/05. 5k walk

Best time on jog/walk 39 min 14 sec

Added sugar - sugar in sponge cake Friday, Aldi Salmon Wellington on Friday, Monday and Wednesday, in Lindt 99 % chocolate on Saturday and Tuesday
Oil-pulling - missed one day
Dairy-free Fridays - no

I have struggled to write this, hopefully all these new forum glitches will be fixed by next week
22 May 2014, 18:51
@barbarita most impressed with your exercise. I've just completed the 5x50 challenge which was 5k or equivalent exercise class for 50 days as part of the NHS C25K team. I missed 4 days out of the 50 but am hoping to carry on doing something for most days of the week. Am also trying to cut down on sugar though I do have the occasional treat :oops:
30 May 2014, 15:22
Hello fast friends

Week ten progress
Exercise

23/05. 5k walk
24/05. NOTHING
25/05. 6.5 mile walk Oban, Fans can Sands and Dun Beg
12 mile walk Oban, Gallanoch and Kerrera
26/05. 5 mile walk Oban, Dunollie Castle and Pennyfuir
27/05. 5.2 mile walk Ballachuan Hazelwoods Reserve/Dunollie Castle
28/05. 9.7 mile walk Oban, Dunstaffnage Castle, Dun Beg and Dunollie Castle
29/05. 4 mile walk Tyndrum and Coille Coors Chuilc

Added sugar - sugar in sponge cake Friday, Thornton chocolate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, in Lindt 99 % chocolate on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Oil pulling - yes
Dairy-free Fridays - no
30 May 2014, 15:22
Hello fast friends

Week ten progress
Exercise

23/05. 5k walk
24/05. NOTHING
25/05. 6.5 mile walk Oban, Fans can Sands and Dun Beg
12 mile walk Oban, Gallanoch and Kerrera
26/05. 5 mile walk Oban, Dunollie Castle and Pennyfuir
27/05. 5.2 mile walk Ballachuan Hazelwoods Reserve/Dunollie Castle
28/05. 9.7 mile walk Oban, Dunstaffnage Castle, Dun Beg and Dunollie Castle
29/05. 4 mile walk Tyndrum and Coille Coors Chuilc

Added sugar - sugar in sponge cake Friday, Thornton chocolate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, in Lindt 99 % chocolate on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Oil pulling - yes
Dairy-free Fridays - no
30 May 2014, 16:09
I really admire your determination and unwavering attitude, well done,

Ballerina x :heart:
30 May 2014, 16:16
Thank you@Ballerina, but I love walking, it is now no hardship at all, and being retired I can indulge myself.

Ambulo ergo sum :lol:
01 Jun 2014, 22:21
I had a good week in Oban, but it wasn't my choice to go there - a friend of mine was in quest of ancient Scottish woodlands, and some days I joined her and on others I had a lot of me time, bought the local OS map and went exploring. Realised afterward that I could have got a day return to Falls of Cruachan station and climbed Ben Cruachan. Oh well, never mind, enjoyed what I did do.
02 Jun 2014, 00:44
I expected you to say that you had done the Great Glen walk. My cousin and her husband did it last year, a total of 90 miles in 5 days, they loved it. I'd quite like to have a go at it myself but not sure my feet would be up to it. I can happily do 12 miles in one go but not sure about doing it day after day though. Hope it didn't rain too much in Oban, never known it dry there :shock: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
02 Jun 2014, 07:29
I've got the guidebook to the Great Glen Way @Ballerina, it looks pleasant, not too much up and down. I read Guides to Long Distance Paths the way some folk read Mills and Boon - I will probably never do most of them, I even have the one for Trekking to Everest base camp :lol:

Perhaps we should have a Fastday ramble meet up instead of a feast, or there is the 4 tea shops walk in Borrowdale, which can be made easier by omitting Watendlath!
07 Jun 2014, 14:42
Hello fast friends

Week eleven progress
Exercise

30/05. 13.25 mile walk, Oban and the Old Coach Road, Connell and the Black Lochs
31/05. 4 mile walk, Crianlarich and Glen Falloch
01/06. 5k walk
02/06. 5k walk/jog
04/06. 5k walk
05/06. 5k walk/jog

No exciting walks since I got back, alas; lots of rain.

Added sugar - sugar in Aldi Salmon Wellington on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, ate out with dishes including sweet chilli sauce, hollandaise sauce and Apple upside down tart Saturday, in Lindt 99 % chocolate on Thursday
Oil pulling - no
Dairy-free Fridays - no

I will have to mentally regroup and take another run at the oil pulling and cutting down dairy in July when I am more settled again.
07 Jun 2014, 15:23
Are you going to set yourself different targets for a summer challenge barbarita?
07 Jun 2014, 16:50
I will keep this thread up until 21 June, then I may do a monthly entry. I am hoping to get maintenance soon, so when I do it may be in there! I plan to keep up the daily walks or jogs, but won't mention sugar anymore as it's not a temptation for me. I will focus more on my addiction to yoghurt, cream, butter and cheese and try hard for some dairy free days and eventually, vegan days.
14 Jun 2014, 14:40
Hello fast friends

Week twelve (The Penultimate) progress
Exercise

06/06. 5k walk/jog
07/06. 5k JOG!!!
08/06. 8.5 mile walk, Bampton, Haweswater and Rosgill
09/06. 5k walk
10/06. 7 mile walk, Clifton, Lowther Park and Brougham
11/06. 6.5 mile walk, Armathwaite, Coombs Wood and Ainstable
12/06. NOTHING

First time I jogged the full circuit and I was slower than when I walked some of it!

Added sugar - sugar in Aldi Salmon Wellington on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
And in Add a Finest (or what they call theirs) on Saturday
Oil pulling - no
Dairy-free Fridays - no
62 posts Page 4 of 5