The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

51 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: Stuff and things
16 Dec 2013, 11:40
Hee Hee no bother :) yeah I love food and I like to get as much as I can in on my fast days lol - I like how creative it makes you - you should try the courgette pizza boats they are lovely

x
17 Dec 2013, 09:56
Ok so I veered off a bit yesterday :-/ What can I say i'm a baker and this is my busy time of year - there was a bit of taste testing last night so i'll estimate around 700 kcals for yesterday - not great but again I feel it will balance out as I aim for 1600-1800 kcals on feed days.

I had breakfast scheduled but wasn't hungry for it - don't have strike through on this forum unfortunately

Tuesday 17th December

Lunch
Home made puy lentil and root veggie stew with veggies and a bread roll - 500

Dinner
Italian take away - 900

Snacks
Mince pie - 300

1750 so far
18 Dec 2013, 08:43
I wasn't sure if I would be able to have a 2nd fast day this week but my plans have changed and I can do one today now which is good.

Wednesday 18th December

Lunch

Salad and cup a soup -200

Dinner
Quorn stir fry - 300

Snack if needed - miso soup - 18

Total 518
19 Dec 2013, 12:00
Ok so its incredibly difficult to bake presents for people and be on a fast day! I usually schedule my fasting days around my baking days but at this time of the year i'm baking every night and before you now it you have tasted a cookie to make sure its alright etc.

I reckon about 700kcals for yesterday - i'm over estimating to be on the safe side, as I don't save my calories up and roll them over etc I still feel i'll be on the safe side - it will be perfectly easy to fast over Christmas itself as I wont have a ton of baking to do.

Thursday 19th December

Breakfast
Dry bacon & egg roll with red sauce - 400

Lunch
cauliflower cheese & veggies - 330

Dinner
Sister in laws - no idea - 700

Snacks

Yum yum & a couple of chocs - 350

Total 1,780
06 Jan 2014, 09:58
Well........ I ended up taking a break over Christmas - I was a bit naughty but I don't think I was tooooo bad - the truth will be in the weigh in - unfortunately the weigh machine is out of action in Boots again so i'll go to the other Boots at lunchtime. I have a feeling I may well have put the 3lbs that I lost back on and i'm just hoping the damage isn't much worse. I wasn't that hungry whilst I was off and have realised it's because I grazed A LOT!..... My husband said he wasn't going to weigh himself because he knew it would be bad but I feel its better to just face it head on and then you know what you are dealing with

Anyhoo today is a new day and I have actually been looking forward to fasting :)I need a bit of a cleanse - I'll see how this week goes but I may do a 3:4 this week just to get me back on track.

Monday 6th january

Lunch
Turkey & egg salad with a chicken noodle cup a soup - 150

Dinner
Homemade mexican lentil stew with broccoli, green beans, mixed veg and spinach - 300

snacks
Almond biscuit & miso soup - 54
Dash of milk - 8

Total - 512
07 Jan 2014, 08:40
Still haven't had a chance to weigh myself.....yesterday went well and I feel better for it already

Tuesday 7th Jan

Breakfast
Soaked porridge oats with low fat Greek yogurt, cinnamon,raisins and berries

Lunch
Leftover risotto with salad

Dinner
Eating out- mac n cheese

Snacks
Melon and grape pot
Dairylea dunker
Banana
2 x small satsumas

Total 1,870
08 Jan 2014, 19:56
Wednesday 8th January

Breakfast
2 x pieces of chocolate chip bread toasted -300

Dinner
Pasta with tomato sauce, shredded chicken and chorizo - 700

Snacks
Dairylea dunker - 140
Chocolate -300

Total 1,440
10 Jan 2014, 09:40
Thursday 9th January

Lunch
Egg & Turkey salad - 150

Dinner
Boiled egg and toastie soldiers - 400

Total - 550
10 Jan 2014, 09:44
Friday 10th January

Breakfast
Rice crispies and banana with skimmed milk - 300

Lunch
Puy lentil stew with veggies and a bread roll - 450

Dinner
Beef stir fry with noodles and veggies - 600

Snacks
Melon and grape pot
Low fat greek yogurt and berries
2 x satsumas
Curly Wurly

Total - 1690

I still havent had a chance to weigh myself :-/ will hopefully get a chance on Monday
13 Jan 2014, 10:48
Finally got to weigh myself today and as suspected I had put on the 3lb I had lost, now it was my first fast week last week and I lose on average 1lb a week so I have a feeling I may have put on 4lb and have lost one but hey i'll never be sure.

Its a fast day today and again I am really looking forward to it. One thing I have noticed is I seem to be eating more - i'm still staying under my 2k a day but I think i'm still in festive mode, my husband said something similar yesterday - so hopefully we'll be back to normal this week

Monday 13th January

Lunch
Home made chicken & rice soup - 125

Dinner
Home made chorizo and butterbean stew with lots of veggies - 250

Total - 375
13 Jan 2014, 11:40
Your going great kateyboo. This time of year is really tricky. I am just aiming to maintain for this 5-6 weeks of summer holidays here in Australia. Keep it up!
Xxx julianna
14 Jan 2014, 13:52
Aww thanks Julianna :)I have 13lbs to go and I really want to do this as - good luck with the maintaining :)

I feel good today - really energised, I have started a 30 day planking challenge - it starts off with 20 secs of planking and builds up to 240 secs and then as much as you can manage on the last day. It doesn't sound like much but when your body isn't used to it, its hard, I was shaking by 15 secs - i've decided to do it twice a day. I'll also be buying Davina's 15 min workout to try as well as I def need to tone up a bit and i'm not a gym bunny at all, i'm also going to swim once a week as soon as i can get to buy some swimming ear plugs. i'll post my progress.

Tuesday 14th January 2013

Breakfast (eaten later today at about 10.15)
35g of soaked oats with frozen berries and low fat greek yogurt - 220

Lunch
Leftover butterbean and chorizo stew with a wee potato, veggies and a bread roll - 500

Dinner
Jamie's 30 min chicken pie with veggies and wee potatoes - 600

Snacks
2 x chocolate biscuits - 150
1/2 a scone with jam - 250

Total - 1,720
15 Jan 2014, 14:34
I decided to have today as a fast day as it's cake club tomorrow night :) the downside of this is that I have to bake something tonight :-/ the theme is frugal so i'm going for oat and raisin cookies. My free graze box arrived today so that will give me some snacks fro a few days. I have decide to plank twice a day and see how I get on. I managed 25 seconds this morning so I will see how I get on tonight.

Wednesday 15th January

Lunch
Homemade chicken and rice soup - 125

snacks
Mini cheesy nibble things and salsa from my graze box - 50

Total - 175

Bah! Today has been. Bit of a write off :-( not sure what went wrong, I had 2 chocs from a box this morning and I've just had a couple of the cookies I baked for cake club :-/ and a couple of gin and slim lines........ Unfortunatley I can't fit in another fast day this week because I'm eating out etc so tomorrow I'll have no breakfast and a light lunch of salad and Friday I'll do the same and hopefully that will counterbalance today a bit. I would put today at about 800 to be on the safe side bah! On the upside I did plank for 30 secs tonight - onwards and upwards!
16 Jan 2014, 09:46
Today will be a more sensible day!

Thursday 16th January 2013

Breakfast
Fruit pot from M&S - 120

Lunch
Chorizo and bean soup (I think... I found it in the freezer this morning) with 2 x small slices of bread - 300

Dinner

No idea yet

Snack
Olives - 130
2 x choc biscuits - 150

700 so far
20 Jan 2014, 09:12
EPIC FAIL!!!

Jeezo - I had a super indulgent weekend and paid the price - I put 2lbs on. Really not sure what's going with me right now - I've lost 3.5 stone already so I know how to do this. I'm now 15 lbs away from my goal bah!

Okies moaning over - onwards and upwards. I had a boozy night last night which means I really want to eat this morning - i'm not having a bacon roll you will be pleased to hear :)

Monday 20th January

Breakfast
m&s Fruit pot - 120

Lunch
Turkey and egg salad with a cup of homemade beetroot soup - 150

Dinner
Courgette pizza boats with BNS wedges and salad with a garlic low fat yogurt dip - 250

Total - 520
51 posts Page 3 of 4