The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

51 posts Page 1 of 4
Stuff and things
26 Nov 2013, 15:57
Ok i'm going to do this as a bit of a food diary and also a progress diary - when are my fast days going well, when are they not etc, what was I eating on a good fast day etc.

I'll start with yesterday, I did go a bit over my 500kcals but i'm only aiming for up to 1,800 kcals on a normal day so it should all balance out in the long run.

Breakfast

Sachet of porridge made with water (def adding in some cinnamon next time!) - 100kcals

Lunch
Egg and turkey salad with a chicken noodle cup a soup - 190kcals

Dinner
Quorn and mushroom stirfry - 195 kcals
S/F Jelly and mixed berries - 39kcals

Snacks
Miso soup

Total - 548
Re: Stuff and things
26 Nov 2013, 16:04
Tuesday 26th Nov - normal day

Breakfast
40g Shreddies
125 ml skimmed milk
1/2 banana

Lunch
Seeded pannini roll
Homemade chorizo and bean stew
Steamed broccolli, baby corn and sugar snap peas
20g gorgonzola

Dinner
Homemade spicy cajun turkey burgers in a bun with a little cheese, salad and home made baby wedges

Snacks

2 x satsumas
Medium skinny latte from Nero's
Curly Wurly
2 x fruit shortcake biscuits
Chocolate

Total - 1829

I know you are not supposed to count on the inbetween fast days but i'm used to doing it and prefer doing it that way so i'll continue doing it :)

I thought I would go a bit nuts over food today but I haven't which is good :) I really enjoyed my breakfast too! looking forward to Friday's treat of a bacon and egg roll.

Having my second fasting day tomorrow - i'll see how it works out having 4 consecutive feed days - I may end up breaking it up a bit more if things arnt budging.
26 Nov 2013, 16:47
What do you do with the other half of the banana?
26 Nov 2013, 18:23
janeg wrote: What do you do with the other half of the banana?

Good question!

Just popped in to say, I love the title of this thread! ;-)
26 Nov 2013, 18:56
Ha! Yes it is a good question, ill just have the other half on Thursday, I half it with the skin on and when I want to use the other half I chop the end off that's been exposed to the air and the rest of the banana is fine :-) cheers, I felt stuff and things summed it up quite nicely x
26 Nov 2013, 20:09
A little butter on the end of the banana seals and protects it from air exposure. :)
26 Nov 2013, 21:42
Betsysgr8 wrote: A little butter on the end of the banana seals and protects it from air exposure. :)

Ooh great tip.
26 Nov 2013, 22:17
Cheers for the tip :-) every day is a school day eh! I'm a bit hungry right now but trying to ride it out as I'm going to bed soon..... I think I may have a high light drink see if that takes the edge off.
27 Nov 2013, 07:18
now I know!
Half bananas just don't exist in our household! :)
27 Nov 2013, 07:29
There is only me that eats them here :-) I end up making a lot of banana muffins lol
27 Nov 2013, 07:40
Good banana tip and like your thread title too. :smile:
27 Nov 2013, 09:36
This is what I have pencilled in for today, it will likely change:

Lunch
Leftover bean and chorizo stew with salad leaves - 215kcals

Dinner
Roasted butternut squash pan fried with chilli, garlic, spring onion, ginger and onion and a little crispy ham topped with a little gorgonzola, served with mediteranian roast veg (no oil) - followed by sugar free lemon jelly and frozen berries 311 kcals

Dash of milk in morning tea - 8

lots of fizzy water, black decaff coffee and herbal tea

534 kcals

* today is going well so far (3pm) I decided not to eat breakfast and had my lunch at 1.30 - I ate it slowly with a big glass of fizzy water to wash it down and I still feel nice and full.

* im sitting as over on my calories today but i'm not too concerned as I was under my 2k yesterday and plan to be so each day by aiming to eat 1,800 kcals a day.
28 Nov 2013, 09:30
Ok! so yesterday went really well - I planned to have breakfast and then decided not to. I found yesterday that I wasnt getting the mad hunger pangs that I had on Monday. I think next week i'm going to try a Mon/Thurs fast rather than a Mon/Wed fast - I think giving my body 4 feed days in a row may get it all confused but we will see how I get on.

Thursday 28th November

Breakfast
40g shreddies
1/2 banana
125ml skimmed milk

268kcals

Lunch
Leftover turkey burger in a bun with salad and baked beans and some cheese (they needed using up...) 456 kcals

Dinner
We are going to the German market so I have decided to save about 700 kcals as we are sharing a bratwurst and sharing another dish and I am having the first mulled wine of the season :)

Snacks

2 x small satsumas
1 x rice cake with philly light and a couple cucumber, carrot, celery sticks
3 x cafe snaps

221 kcals

1,645 so far - aiming for 1,800 or thereabouts - not that bothered if I come in under as it gives me more to spend on wine this weekend :)

On a side note - I popped on a pir of trousers that were a little snug last week and they are a little looser this week :) I know its because you lose water in your first week but i'll still take it! :)

On another side note - I am bloody starving! and its a feed day! :( I had my breakfast at 9.15am and its 10.28 and im really hungry - going to have a big glass of fizzy water and ride it out....... its now 10.58... I gave in....

Dagnammit! Went out for a few drinks, had 5 pints and 2 jäger bombs :-/ didn't eat as much as I thought I would though , going to put today at about 2600 locals.....oops
29 Nov 2013, 09:47
Feeling rough so,it has to be a bacon and egg buttie for breakfast and there will be an orange lucozade and a San peligrino orange drink being consumed very soon!

Breakfast
Bacon and egg roll with red sauce

Lunch
Cheese and crisp roll

Dinner
Rotisserie chicken with salad, crusty bread, home made potato wedges and home made light potato salad.

Snacks

Nibbled on a bit of chocolate cake trimmings from the cake I was decorating today 150
Wine 250

30 Nov 2013, 18:29
Breakfast

2 x slices homemade chocolate chip and cranberry bread toasted with butter

Lunch

Pizza

Dinner

Egg and chips :-)

Snacks/drinks
Wine
Cappuccino