The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

60 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: Tims ADF Journal
25 Jan 2014, 09:27
Well done nursey. 4lb, that's phenomenal. :victory:
25 Jan 2014, 09:41
nursebean wrote: Hi Tim, I've been doing the EOD diet as per Dr Varaday this week (really needed a boost). This first week I have lost 4 lb. so far I'm finding it pretty easy. It's a shame, though, because I think I am out of sync with you and @Debs never mind, there are birthdays coming up!

Good luck fellow EODers!

Bean :dazed:

Nice going! That's really interesting to hear - 4 lb is around 1.8 KG so we have had very similar results.

I am keen for weigh in tomorrow morning after todays fast! Can't wait!
25 Jan 2014, 10:42
That's pity beanie, we could all suffer together!!
26 Jan 2014, 06:35
I have noticed Tim, and I don't know if you have beanieweanie @nursebean, I am struggling to eat on my eating day. I'm just not that hungry!! I fully understand now why she said that people only over eat by 110%. I am struggling to want anything today. I didn't eat anything yesterday but this is ridiculous!
26 Jan 2014, 09:17
Well believe it or not (and after reading this you might not) I am the same @Debs in that I don't feel hungry on "feast days" in fact, I'm pretty sure I eat because of other factors such as routine and boredom. Er, you know yesterday I said I've lost 4 lb in my first week? Well, I weighed myself this morning and I'm now 11:13 (yesterday I was 11:10 :( ) ok, I'll,own up...I had fish n chips yesterday! But I had just walked my dogs which is quite something for me. Can it really be that that's done it? Mind you, it highlights the importance of daily weighing doesn't it.

Bean :dazed:
27 Jan 2014, 11:00
Always average your weights between fast and feast days Bean :-)

Today I was 500 grams up but that was after a feast day so I expect that.

Today was my fourth Fast day. I did good fast wise but wow I had zero energy! For the whole day I only got in 650 steps - I feel like such a slob!

It was a public holiday though and I guess in my mind I had decided I wanted to relax... But only 650!

Oh well that's why I keep record of all these things - makes me more aware and more likely to change :-)

Anyway its late and a feast day tomorrow so I need to get some ZZzzz's

Ps Debs my hunger is also starting to reduce massively
27 Jan 2014, 22:36
Hiya @TBrewerton. Well done so far! Yep, I concur, the last couple of days I have really struggled with energy levels. I wasn't sure if it was fasting, exercise, or the fact that I have worked 8 days in a row and am up at 4.30am every morning! This is my first full 21 day roster since I started work again so I may just be feeling te effects of getting back into the swingof things. I haven't exercised much te last few days, just some abs and press ups in my room. I didn't see the point of making things worse.
My weight is on a downwards spiral and I am having to force down salad to get some 'greens' into me. But TBH, I hate salad anyway so it is usually a struggle!!

Nice to see you Kiwis celebrate Orstraya Day with us :wink:
02 Feb 2014, 00:14
Time for a bit of an update I think. I get so caught up in all these tents that I forget where what is recorded haha

Exercise Related

Resting Heart Rate = Start 74 bpm Now 66 bpm!! Down 8 bpm
Max Heart Rate = 186 (just for reference in measuring VO2 max)
VO2 Max = Start 38.5 (fair for age) Now 43.1 (average for age Whoop Whoop) Increase in VO2 Max of 4.6

Diet Related

Weight = Start 90.2KG Now 87.8KG Down 2.4KG
BMI = Start 29.79 Now 28.87 Down 0.92

Waist = Start 107 CM Now 105 CM Down 2CM
Hips (around Butt) = Start 102 CM Now 103 CM Up 1 CM..?
Thigh = Start 63 CM Now 61 CM Down 2 CM
Neck = Start 40 CM Now 41 CM Up 1 CM..?

I am pretty excited with these results from just (almost) 2 weeks.

Looking forward to what's to come.
02 Feb 2014, 02:00
Wow those are great results from just 2 weeks--I'm especially impressed with the RHR and VO2 numbers, the HIIT must be working! :smile:
12 Feb 2014, 22:14
Wow so it took a month and a half to get my IGF-1 results!!

I have had a dig around and it seems the results are actually pretty good - maybe..? lol

this was my results from a test taken at the end of Dec after not doing 5.2 for about 1 and a half months.

18 nmol/L which is around 137.4 ng/mL if I converted correctly.

The only table I can find says that for my age I should be between 75-275 ng/mL

What I take from that is its not excessive as it is. I will most likely have the test done again in a few months time and compare.
03 Aug 2014, 23:18
So on the 25th Jan when starting this Journal the below were my Diet Related Stats.

Diet Related

Weight = 90.2 KG
BMI = 29.79

Waist = 107 CM
Hips (around Butt) = 102 CM
Thigh = 63 CM
Neck = 40 CM

And Now - roughly 6 months later.

Weight = 80.4 KG
BMI = 26.56

Waist = 98.5 CM
Hips (around Butt) = 99 CM
Thigh = 59 CM
Neck = 40 CM

Pretty happy with results so far.
04 Aug 2014, 04:47
That's great Tim. Your BMI is looking great too! Well done. You must be so happy!
04 Aug 2014, 06:40
Great to hear from you @TBrewerton and well done on those results. You must be chuffed!
Now, what are you doing now? Maintaining? Going for more off? Pumping up? Do share your plans please and how you're going to get there.
:victory:
04 Aug 2014, 07:01
For now I am continuing with the ADF. Originally I wanted to get to the late 60's but since the weight has started coming off I'm thinking of going for mid 70's instead.

So next goal is 75Kg - 5 to go :-)

I will continue with the ADF and try and include a bit more exercise than what I have been doing (work seems to get in the way of that)
05 Aug 2014, 00:51
Well done Tim, that is great going! Glad to hear you are still lurking around here too!
60 posts Page 2 of 4