The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

60 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: Tims ADF Journal
05 Aug 2014, 01:08
Wow @Debs!!!

Hey how's it going!! Hope things are still going well for you?!? You still working out at the mines? Hows your progress?
13 Aug 2014, 22:50
Yay! A new mile stone! I didn't want to say it until I saw it two times but I am officially into the 70's now! That means in just over a year I have lost 20KG!

Just slightly satisfying. Had to use my passport the other day for proof of identity and when I looked at the photo I was shocked at how chubby my face was haha!

Feeling great!
14 Aug 2014, 07:25
That's fantastic Tim, very impressive! Bet you feel incredible :like:

Nice to see you back on the board as well.
14 Aug 2014, 11:07
Congratulations @TBrewerton, you should be very proud. 20 kg is a really significant loss. I have great admiration for you folks doing ADF. I tried it briefly earlier this year and found it too hard. Glad to see you're back on the forum. Hope work is not too hectic for you as we enjoy your input.
14 Aug 2014, 20:27
Good work Tim! That's an impressive loss! :like:
15 Aug 2014, 09:31
Good work, @TBrewerton and nice improvement on your VO2 Max. :)
13 Jan 2017, 10:14
What can I say... Wow its been quite some time and I am not sure if any of you followers are still around or have slipped away like I did!

Its been well over a year and so much has happened! Firstly I am now a proud father of a beautiful 11 month old daughter - Amber. It has been one of the most challenging, tiring and rewarding years of my life but has also been one of my worst for letting my health slip sad to say...

This year, not as a resolution but purely to be able to enjoy this precious time with my daughter I have committed to get back on track. I have spent some time reflecting as well as planning and below is what I believe to be my major falls from last time and my plan to try limit that from happening again. (with the help of some amazing technology of course!)

I put my failure to stay on track down too two main things, Stress and lack of sleep. So this time around I want to start back with my original goals with a couple of added ones for extra measure (pardon the pun)

What will I be doing with my diet?

I will be following ADF again starting within the next week once I courage up enough guts! Limiting myself to 500Cal as per previously while having no limits on feast days.

Exercise?

I am aiming to up my walking as well as mixing in a couple of HIT Routines each week.

What will I be measuring?

Weight - Monitored daily and controlled by ADF
BMI - Monitored Monthly
VO2 Max - Monitored Monthly using a Charge 2 Fitbit
Stress - Daily meditation with feedback through a Muse Headband
Sleep - Monitored Daily for both duration and quality using a Charge 2 Fitbit

My hope is that by allocating time to de-stress and also monitor sleep it will help me keep on track far easier. I always found Fasting days near impossible when either stressed of tired so this should help keep those two areas in balance.

I will update my starting measurements for all of the above in the next day or two hopefully and hopefully look forward to seeing some of you still around and going strong!

Tim
13 Jan 2017, 10:44
Good to see you back Tim - and it's a beautiful photo of you and your daughter.
Your plan looks very well thought out - good luck! Your daughter is great inspiration.

cheers
Merry
13 Jan 2017, 13:58
Welcome back and congratulations on your beautiful baby!
14 Jan 2017, 00:44
Welcome back! Congrats on fatherhood (adorable pic!!) and good luck with your plan :-)
14 Jan 2017, 02:54
It's lovely to see you here - welcome back Tim! Being a new parent is such a special time, and it sounds like you are enjoying it. Good luck and best wishes for your renewed food management journey. :clover: :smile:
15 Jan 2017, 19:57
Well as promised here are my starting stats - note the weigh in was completed a week ago and since then I have been a bit mindful of my eating and doing a bit more walking. However I have only started fasting yesterday (Successfully I must admit!!) wow yesterday was rough! I had forgotten just how hard these first two weeks can be!

Starting Weight - 10th Jan 98.6kg
BMI - 32.6
VO2 Max - according to fitbit, between 34-38 (Fair for my age)

One week in:

Weight - 16th Jan 95.3kg (day after a fast tho)
BMI - 31.5
VO2 Max - 36-40 (Fir to average)
16 Jan 2017, 11:51
Welcome back, Tim (@TBrewerton). What a lovely photo of you and your daughter. She is a real incentive to get rid of your regained weight and keep it off!
You will notice that it is a lot quieter around here than when you left but that just means that you have access to quality not quantity feedback!
If you find the fast days tricky at the moment, don't forget that you are allowed six hundred calories, unlike we unlucky females, and there is no compulsion to do ADF. I lost my weight using 'just' 5:2 and it worked really well for me, despite only having 22 pounds to lose.
I am now tackling the post-Christmas bulge but know that in a few weeks it will be gone. Love this WOL!
Good luck to you. :clover: :clover:
16 Jan 2017, 22:18
Haha thanks for the kind words @StowgateResident I have always found ADF easier in the past as I need the structure, with 5.2 I always seemed to put off the fasts due to the natural flexibility of the WOE - once I get to my target weight I will certainly be pulling back and using 5.2 as a way of maintaining.

As far as the calories go, its almost the opposite of the above haha! I find I need a little flexibility or I am too hard on myself so I target for anything between 5-600 with an aim of coming in at or under 500. That way if I go a little over I don't feel like I have failed and then slip back even further.

Weighed in at 96.2 this morning after a feast day and now on my second fast day - wish me luck!!

*Feeling positive*
19 Jan 2017, 08:20
End of third fast day today and starting to get a bit easier. I was madly hungry by dinner but the light headiness and slight headaches were not there today like they were the first two fasts.

Currently sitting at a loss of 2.9KG

I also started my Muse Meditation sessions last night. For those of you unfamiliar with Muse its like a heart rate monitor for your brain. You wear a headband and it gives you live feedback of how calm you are based on how excited your brain signals are. Its an amazing tool for learning how to really calm your mind and block out the world.

Coincidentally last night I slept better than I have in weeks!
60 posts Page 3 of 4