The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

64 posts Page 1 of 5
Weigh in today brings me just into the overweight category and no longer obese! :-D

Frankly I was surprised because I went away for 4 days of excessive eating at the weekend so was expecting to have put on weight, not lost over a kilo. Yet weeks when I've been really good I've lost hardly anything or nothing at all. Bodies are indeed strange!

I'm so glad not to have the label 'obese' any more, though I expect I would still be obese on the doctor's scales with clothes on and all! I'm going for a check up next Friday so hoping I can lose a bit more and creep officially into the overweight category!
Wonderful news. :-) Congratulations.
Fabulous. :D I did notice your BMI earlier today and I'm glad you posted it. We should celebrate milestones like that. You are an inspiration to us all. Are you going to treat yourself...I don't mean cake :roll: , something like a manicure.
Congratulations. Overweight doesn't sound nearly so bad as obese.
I'm sure you'll soon be within the normal weight range.
Your doctor must be thrilled by your progress so far.
Thank you too for all you do on this forum. X
Congratulations! well done to you :)
Awesome! I have that as a shorter-term goal as well. I hope to hit that point in early April. :-) I don't generally like BMI, but sometimes it does provide us with arbitrary points where we can celebrate!

:-D
Well done! , that is one of my mini goals along the way too, each milestone really helps.
Well Done, that's a really big milestone. Obese is such a horrible word. We should think up a new one! I think clinically poofy is much nicer!
Well done Caroline, you must be really pleased! :D
Well done! You're at the point I was when I started 5:2, and 5 months later I'm just 2.6kg from the "normal" BMI range. 5:2 really does work! :-)
Very well done Caroline & thank you for all your research work for the forum. Having science information to read is a wonderful resource. Like others becoming just overweight is also a goal for me on the road to losing my excess weight.
Very well done & an inspiration to the rest of us.
Well done Carorees. As I had said to another person on this forum, it is so good to get rid of labels that define us. I think you shout write the word "obese" on a piece of paper or card and burn it. It feels so good!

I haven't weighed myself today as I've been in London since Thurs night and only just arrived home. (I go to my neighbours house to weigh myself on their scales) They have friends over and I don't want to go and ask to use the scales at this time of the evening when they're entertaining friends).

Ate Sainsbury's curries last night at a friend's house. We had onion bhajis, chicken Jalfrezi, aloo sag and a packet of Uncle Ben's basmati rice between us.

This morning I had porridge from Pret a Manger and peppermint tea. Lunch was at a Lebanese restaurant - houmous, side salad, half of lamb kofta wrap and half of chicken wrap. Rose and mint tea. Lots of water and black coffee.

Off to a 60th birthday party in an hour!
Shall weigh in on Monday or Tuesday and see if I have made any progress.
:) Well done Carorees! Fantabulous!
64 posts Page 1 of 5