The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

40 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Monthly weigh in results!
13 Apr 2013, 20:52
Yes, I was thinking of doing that...using the standard deviations from the current sample as the inclusion criteria. So ask for people to come forward who are losing more than or less than 1SD from the mean... does that make sense?
13 Apr 2013, 21:01
Makes sense.

Always going to be an element of self-selection as the drop-out rate is highest in the first four weeks in the studies??
13 Apr 2013, 21:06
Yes it makes sense but I think you need to specify that those who are gaining are more than invited since we want to have the extremes of the range. The other thing is the demographics. I'm assuming that most of the members in this forum are middle aged women. Am I wrong? If I'm right than perhaps the study population should include only this group ( or any other group that is the dominant majority) otherwise, there are going to be problems with the analysis since I am not expecting this to be a very large study ( unless you are planning to distribute a 1000 or so questionnaires and than there should be age and gender match between the two groups).
14 Apr 2013, 10:07
Hi - this is a great idea, measuring the results - can I join in or is the information taken from the progress tracker?Love the idea of some kind of formal trial!
Thank you!
21 Apr 2013, 04:09
Hi Caroline, thanks for all your hard work. Am looking forward to particpating next weigh, will have been on this WOE for 6 weeks by then. Agree with einatbl about the demographic bias, although as a member of that demographic am very interested in results!
22 Apr 2013, 07:57
seaside650 wrote: Hi - this is a great idea, measuring the results - can I join in or is the information taken from the progress tracker?Love the idea of some kind of formal trial!
Thank you!

Please do...go to the questionaire thread ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3679 ) and follow the instructions to download the questionnaire! Thanks
22 Apr 2013, 08:04
I couldn't get the questionnaire to download, but was disappointed today to see that I had actually gained 3lbs. I think my calorie counting must be slipping. I also think I got a bit too confident because I had lost so much weight. I always weigh myself weekly.
22 Apr 2013, 08:16
12345678let wrote: I couldn't get the questionnaire to download

There are two file versions - MS Word and plain text. Which did you try, using what ?

Generally speaking in a web browser double clicking the links will give you a choice of saving or opening, save it then edit.

Right click and "Save link..." or similar is also a common way.

On a tablet you may need to hold your finger on the link until a dialog box pops up giving you the option to Save etc.

If you're stuck email 52fastdietforum <at> gmail.com and I'll email you a questionnaire back. I just tested the links and they're working.
22 Apr 2013, 08:27
To be honest I asked my husband to do it for me and he is not much more computer savvy than I am! I'll maybe have a go later.
26 Apr 2013, 09:49
Hi all.... just finished my first month of 5-2 and have lost 8lbs PLUS 3" off my waist.... feeling hopeful finally!!! Thanks for all these messages they do help us novices. Meg
40 posts Page 3 of 3