The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

106 posts Page 6 of 8
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: JulieBulie10's 4:3 report
19 Mar 2013, 22:55
Hi, thanks for the comments guys!!

Well, today...... I STILL feel nauseous but pleased to say the painfullness(!?) has gone - If I didn't know any better, I'd be thinking I might be preggers as thats how I can describe it - bit like morning sickness!!! NO CHANCE before anyone asks [go read my first post LOL] :D

I had a cup of tea and 2 crumpets about 10am with 2 friends having a natter which was nice, but after eating them, it took a while for them to settle... still burping, I bought some 'liver salts' - gosh that's an old fashoind thing isn't it!! lol 'antacids' or what ever they are called!! helped a bit with the cramping/bloated feeling........

Then I didn't face eating again until 7:30pm when I had - don't judge me - a tin of 4 hamburgers!!!! hahahahaha hah ha ha...... they were bought for my husband as a joke leaving present (no pork or pork products allowed in KSA) but I just fancied them and couldn't be bother preparing anything else..... and had a muller crunch corner. I feel ok-ish now and am just having a cup of tea before bed. Might also have another 'alka-seltzer' to take to bed......

I really hope to feel better for my Dad's birthday lunch tomorrow, I won't be here next year for his 65th :(

Still, if I can hang on to the horrid feeling I had all day sunday, then I can see me only having about 1 meal a day for the forseeable future - will that help or hinder the weight loss?????

Night all.......... ooh! and I'm happy to report that I dared to try another (used to be loose) pair of jeans this morning while waiting for my emergency 16's to dry AND THEY FIT!! - well, they fastened at least and that's encouraging given the last time I tried them they wouldn't even meet to zip up!! Still have MAHOOOOSIVE muffin-top overhang - but, hey - its progress!!

JB x
21 Mar 2013, 12:25
So, after feeling sicky for Sun/Mon/Tue I was so pleased to wake on Weds feeling nearly 100% again and had a lovely day with my Mum, Dad, Sister and her two baby boys celebrating my Dad's birthday. We ate at a posh pub and I was brave enough to order the homemade Lamb burger with lots of salad toppings and homemade chips. I left both bits of bread and enjoyed the small portion of 'real' chips. The 4 of us shared 2 puddings and I really only had a taste of each as was beginning to feel ikky again.... It was about 7pm by the time I'd got home after picking up the kids and about 10pm before I thought 'I've not had anything else to eat since my lunch!!' I didn't bother to have anything at that time, so still, even after it being a food day I didn't go crazy with the calories.

So,.... 4 days of fasting (3 not out of choice) this week and no over-consumption on the 3 days I have eaten this last week - so imagine by disappointment when I got on the scales this morning with a 1lb gain :( back up to 13-flipping-stone exactly :(

I will continue though, after reading other posts like 'Maddymoodysmum's thread, and really I'll continue as I just feel fed up of eating, food is so off my radar at the moment with everything that is going on in my life right now, both with the sicky feelings and anxious with an imminent country move!
It will be good to see what next weeks says as possibly, my bodys is behind a week!!??!!??

WELL......... onto more exciting and positive news........ we FINALLY have our date to fly to join my husband!!!!! :D

Weds 3rd April!! In just 2 weeks time, I will be back with my Darling husband, ready to embrace the next new adventure of living in KSA with our two gorgeous girlies :D :D
No reading on the scales will stop me smiling today!!!

Have a good day everyone!

jb x
21 Mar 2013, 13:28
You are doing brilliantly JB. I was convinced I would nt have lost as I felt so bloated and icky but I had!

I think water retention and hormones play a big part with us ladies so I try not to weigh unless I had had my period 2 days or so. Never the week before. I can't weigh at home though so that makes it easier not to be tempted to jump on mid week.

Thank you for the compliment to my thread too. It's nice to know that my mindless posting is helping others.

A really good place to find motivation is the amazon 5.2 diet book reviews. I read those when I get hungry or fed up. :wink:

Have a great week and fingers crossed next week will be your week, great news about your husband as well. :smile:
22 Mar 2013, 17:47
Hi, sorry to hear you have'nt been to well but so pleased you got your dates sorted. Keep on keeping on :)
01 Oct 2014, 18:10
WOW.

Just reading a few pages of my progress journal from JAN-MARCH 2013!!!.................. It wasn't going too well was it????

Well,......... now I'm back with another effort to try and get over my obsession with food and just eat for the pleasure of eating with a weekly 'cheat' meal. I'm going to follow 4:3 and keep it low carb except once a week have what I like on a Thursday night. I'm also going to try just liquid only fast days. I find I'm so all-or-nothing, I find it easier to say NO to everything for one day rather than 'just 500 cals of w,y,z' as I know it will make me instantly want to just keep eating.....

So... day one done. 24lbs I aim to lose over the next 12 weeks. I will be equally pleased if I can lose 12lbs! All I ever ask for is just a 1lb loss consistently, every week......

Night,

jb x
01 Oct 2014, 20:01
Hi Julie,
Great that you're back. I think we were on the forum at the same time - 1st time around. I'm restarting as well. Looks as if you have your head in the right place. Had you thought about joining the Xmas challenge?
02 Oct 2014, 06:11
Hi catscratch,

Yes, I thought that when I'd read a few of your posts on some of the other threads! Nice to be back together! :)

I am member #48 on the Christmas challenge - after I got Moogie's lovely new e-mail it made me think 'yeah - I'm going back to that!!' :) I'd like a 2st loss for Xmas too... lets see how we do aye?!

jb x
02 Oct 2014, 18:20
We must have joined the Xmas challenge within hours of each other! I don't know if I'm shooting myself in the foot hoping for a two stone loss in just under 12 weeks, but I do like a challenge and at the moment I'm finding sticking to the plan very easy, so I might as well make the most of it.

I too rejoined after getting an email from Moogie and got all inspired. I've asked her if I can restart my tracker with my new stats and logging on tonight it looks as if everything has been zeroed so I'm off to fill in the details again.

Let's keep in touch.
02 Oct 2014, 18:55
ha ha haa.... yes we must have! :) Old 'friends', new challenge, same goal!! WE CAN DO IT!!
I also asked Moogie to update my tracker but don't know if it has yet or not, I'm thinking the team(she) has been busy with the launch of the new mobile site so praps a bit behind with some e-mails... understandably so :)
It looks like with the new mobile site, it has also affected how i see the forum on my PC too :( all the signatures are all over the text people have written..... and its a bit jumbled and misaligned.... sure it will all sort itself out! :D
Well,... I'm also full of hope that I will be successful this time around. I've ordered a a fitbit flex to help with tracking food/steps etc.... and am sticking to my plan easily too! (easy to say after only 2 days on, one being a fast day and one being my 'cheat day' LOL!!!)
My test will be from tomorrow, flying to Jordan for a weeks holiday.... am still planning to fast on Mon, weds and the Friday after. Not fasting tomorrow (as an exception as we are travelling) so this week has only been a 2 day fast - which is still good! :)
Hope I have wifi as I'll still need to check in on here.
ttfn,

jb x
08 Oct 2014, 06:23
Hello!!
So, I'm half way through my trip to Jordan and we are all having a wonderful time!
I want to check in a few details but I'll be brief as I also want to catch up on the threads while I have decent WiFi!!
Firstly, I've woken up all fat eyed and with headache this morning as last night I cried myself to sleep after hearing the news that a friend back in the UK sadly lost her battle with cancer and she passed away in her sleep Monday night. Its hard being so far away from family and friends to be able to grieve with everyone together.......
More positively, I have maintained my fast plan, and fasted on Monday and will also fast today and also Friday. This is great for me as after hearing the sad news, old me would have though #£%& this! And just eaten lots of whatever I liked as my old attitude would have been 'life is too short to worry about simple stuff like should or shouldn't I eat'....... But that way of thinking is not helpful to me and my goals of actually trying to get myself HEALTHIER by getting to a more appropriate weight for me.
While on my holiday, I have also downloaded the book 'how to have your cake and skinny jeans....' Which I read about on this forum and am really enjoying it. With reading it, it has also meant I've had more carbs than I initially said I would in my 'Xmas goal' post on food days as the book talks about not denying yourself anything. I'll see how I feel about this in the coming weeks and my weight loss progress!
I also discovered today that there are 2 webpages/forums dedicated to 'the fast diet'...... This one (fast day) and a more original looking one (the fast diet) - I'd been searching for AAAAGES for my thread to post on!!!!! Does anyone know if they are run by the same people or not?

OK,.... That's my update. Liquid fasting today and looking forward to a lovely Arabic breakfast in the morning :)

jb x
14 Oct 2014, 19:53
Wow,.... what a trip, and been home already 3 days - feels like forever! LOL

I'm so pleased with myself that I managed to stick to my plan of fasting Mon/Weds/Fri last week.... I did have a tabbouleh salad in the evening with my family, or some grilled chicken kebabs rather than 100% liquid fast as I just 'wanted to' and I felt great....

I'm loving my fast days again, it really is a mind over matter battle of wills, but the strong me, determined for change me seems to be in control!! I fasted Monday and will be fasting tomorrow.....

Just a quick update as I'm ready for some ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's ! :)

JB x
15 Oct 2014, 06:16
I've added you to fitbit group Julie. Follow the emailed link to find us.
15 Oct 2014, 19:29
- Thanks so much Caroline, have been on and there are some serious 'steppers' in the group!! LOL

Its the end of a fast day for me and I'm so pleased to report that I'm going to bed after a successful day, little 'hungry' grumbles that I actually like as it reminds me that I'm making my fat melt!! Had a weights class tonight too, actually towards the end/cool down bit, I did feel a bit nauseous, but just keep telling myself 'no pain, no gain'! Had a protein shake within 30 mins of finishing and had 512 cals over the day in 2 meals (soup at 4pm and shake at 8pm) Also, sunk 5.3 litres of water :D somethings got to be good about living in the desert! lol

Off for a wee(!), then bed - actually I'm excited to be getting on the scales in the morning for my 'official' 2 week weigh-in - something got to be happening as I can fasten my abaya round my tummy again!! ahahahhaaa......
night,
JB x
15 Oct 2014, 20:28
@juliebulie10 - had to google "abaya"!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
16 Oct 2014, 05:23
HAhahahaaaa.... madcatlady!!.... yep, love my abaya!! (no, actually i do, covers up all sins!!)

WWAaaahhhooOOOOooooo!!! 4.2lbs (1.9kg) lost :) I've eaten well, I've eaten carbs, I've been on a weeks holiday!! SO SO so so so pleased today - I'm in such a good mood....

According to my tracker, I'f I continue like this at an average of 1.5lbs lost a week, then I should reach my (ultimate) goal by the 9th July!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!

Am at work now so meed to get on, but this has defo spurred me on - feeling good!

Have a good day ya'll,

JB x
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
106 posts Page 6 of 8