The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

106 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: JulieBulie10's 4:3 report
18 Oct 2014, 13:22
Hello,
This morning I woke after a 36 hour fast.
So my last meal was supper at 7:30pm on Thursday evening.... I got up Friday, had black coffee,... water and green tea.... all day..... I managed to do a 'big shop' (bought myself a lovely slab of goat cheese to enjoy for lunch today on a food day!) and then chose to have a 77 calorie Ovaltine Chocolate light drink at 7pm (so 24hrs later)..... more water.... went to bed.... got up today and broke my fast with a Babybel!!
So only 77 calories in 36 hours.
I like doing it like this as there is no (minimal) counting need, no guess work, no wondering if I had the right amount? too much? too few?.... I find this refreshing!
I also like the idea that my gut is getting a rest. It is a HUGE job our digestive system has to do and I honestly think it benefits from having a rest! I seem to have a 'good old clear out' on the loo the day after too! (sorry if TMI!!)
I've really been enjoying reading the book: How to have your cake and your skinny jeans.... it makes so much sense to me and how I have lived the last 20 or so years of lmy life on some kind of 'diet' or other, yo-yo-ing up and down. Each time it effects my mood/happiness/depression.... now I've re-discovered the power of fasting and looking at food again in a different light, this really is going to be me from now on. fasting for all the added benefits, not just weight loss and a different attitude to food, listening to my hunger more and thinking about trying to eat like my naturally slim friends.....
Keep going everyone, benefits all round!

JB x
23 Oct 2014, 09:45
Hello,

I'm pleased to see that I had another 2.2lbs (1kg) loss this week :) this is THE MOST consistent weight loss I've had in all my dieting in a LONG time AND, I'm still eating lots of the foods I enjoy and not feeling deprived at all!

I'm ahead of schedule on my tracker too WHICH I LOVE!! this is probably THE most motivating thing for me right now :)
I'm just under an average of 2lbs a week, so, still hoping to get to my 24lbs to lose target OR HALF WAY to a more modest 12lb loss ;)
:worship: :crossed: hope it just continues!
JB x
23 Oct 2014, 12:02
Ooh well done Julie. Glad you've got into the fasting groove. Keep the exercise going and the muscles will love being uncovered to show themselves in all their glory.
26 Oct 2014, 17:50
Hello... just a quick update from me.

I am OBSESSED with my new FitBit tracker!!.... shame it doesn't register my swimming though... but LOVE all the other things it DOES track!... my sleep pattern, its hilarious....!!

I'm also updating my signature as I have decided to change the days I am fasting. I'm now going to fast on Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday which leaves my weekend of Friday/Saturday to enjoy food with the family. Plus the weekend is always more social (as I found out this weekend!!) and it means I only have to think about 2 packed lunches for work not 3!! LOL

Another reason I love this woe is that it didnt' have to 'ruin' my diet efforts becouse I swapped a fast day, it basically meant I STUCK to my diet because it is flexible and allowed me to swap my fast days.....

This means that I am on my second consecutive fast day (to compensate) but I have had my 500 calories on each of these days rather than just 'banking' them :)

Looking forward (which is a nice feeling) to the scales my next weigh-day - Friday :)

JB x
26 Oct 2014, 23:26
juliebulie10 wrote: So only 77 calories in 36 hours.
I like doing it like this as there is no (minimal) counting need, no guess work, no wondering if I had the right amount? too much? too few?.... I find this refreshing!

I couldn't agree more, @juliebulie10!

Last week I did a 24hr LOF followed by a 150 cal veg curry, on my FD - and then another 150 calories (ground flaxseeds with a little fruit juice) for breakfast the next day, then nothing until dinner. So I went 48 hours on 300 calories. On occasion I'll do the 48 hours with no food at all.

I do this because I don't think that a 'normal' 5:2 WOL stresses the body sufficiently. I'm certain that in our development we went without food for long periods, so we're well used to fasting.

I consider myself lucky in that I don't feel hunger at all when I'm fasting. :)
28 Oct 2014, 09:40
Hi @breadandwine !! I remember fasting with you and chatting on the forums when I started IF last Jan 2013!! Great to see you're still around!!
Thanks for the post - I agree, that's why I still enjoy 4:3 as I think my beody benefits more from the break in food!!
Have a great day!

Yesterday I snook on the scales and was a little disappointed that they are the same as my last weigh-in weight last Thursday morning.... this was after b2b fasts on Sun/Mon as well! I was hoping for BIG things!... so was a bit down yesterday but REALLY tried to not let it bother me and I just kept going, I stuck to my food day calories and went and played Netball....
This morning, again, the scales are the same.... BUT later this morning I think I got my answer as to WHY!!! LADIES THINGS!!! TOTM!! YIPPEEE!! I FORGOT!!! I usually have pain and can 'tell' but since fasting I think (for me) it really benefits my body in this respect and I don't get the pains usually associated with it!
SO.... I'm still hopefull that my efforts will still show on the scales on my new weigh-in day on Friday! :)

JB x
02 Nov 2014, 13:16
HHhmmm.... mot such good news.... even after my revelation :(

I have gained 1.6lbs at the end of my week 4. I'm trying to not let it bother me as I have thought about all the different things that could be effecting this number on the scales! I wasn't ready to plateau or GAIN just yet!!

The last week however, I have swapped my fasting days, I have had my TOTM, I have been constipated, I have tracked ALL calories (or at least tried to) but its VERY hard to know EXACTLY the calories you are eating if you eat in a restaurant for example, on my food days I haven't eaten anyhwere near my TDEE and I have also eaten between 300-500 cals on my fast days. So I keep reassuring myself that this gain CAN'T be FAT gain, unless I am massively underestimating/tracking my calories on food days.....
My TDEE is 2465 calories, well on food days I'm only logging between 1600-2000??

So, like I say, that was the number on the scales and I'm not happy about it as its made a right mess of my progress tracker!(lol) AND stopped my nice run of consistent loss each week!

Anyhow, I haven't deviated from my plan, not even had any of the Halloween goodies as Im CONVINCED it will show a better reading on the scales at the end of my week 5. However, just to make sure, I'm going back to liquid (zero calorie) only fasts for this week to help!!

JB x
02 Nov 2014, 13:48
@juliebulie10 - we all have little ups and downs - the main thing is not to let it dishearten you and then eat the "wrong" things - stick with it and the results will come through!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
03 Nov 2014, 08:43
Hi Madcatlady!!

You're right... I know the number on the scales is just a 'snapshot' of a moment in time and that is why I really haven't let it throw me off the rails (like it would have done on so many other 'diets'!!)

I held strong, didn't gorge on Halloween goodies like I said and I snook on the scales this morning after a successfull fast day yesterday and I LOST!! yip!! I lost the silly 'gain' and am actually 200g (clinging, clinging!!) less than the weigh-in on last Friday morning.. SSSSOOOoooo pleased and am hoping for a good loss this week to make up for the silly gain this week.... I've also updated my stats to reduce my 'activity' after reading the forums a bit last night.... its brought my TDEE down to 2048 so I will be more observant of this on food days, although I bet I won't go near it. Lets see.....

Just also wondering - does anyone else suffer with 'the squits' the day after a fast??.... I do - almost caught short in the supermarket just now! Phew! made it home in time LOL

----off to change all my weight trackers"!! LOL

JB x
03 Nov 2014, 20:47
Hi @juliebulie10 - see - you're back where you wanted to be - yippee!

re "the squits" - I have "rapid transit" sometimes and I know some people report this follows fasting - I'm not particularly troubled by it but it is unnerving if you have the urge when a toilet isn't convenient!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
07 Nov 2014, 10:24
Morning!

Yiippeeeeee!!! a 3.6lbs (1.6kg) LOSSSSSS at the end of week 5 :D making 8.4lbs overall.

So pleased I just stuck to my original plan, recognised the bodily fluctuations and changes last week that could have affected my unusual ~gain~ and I am rewarded - sorry, but I am 'patting myself on the back' today! Big shift in mindset for me :)

Back on the track according to my tracker too - woop-woop!

Dinner and dancing tonight at the Rememberance Dinner at the British Consulate - nom-nom-nom-sluuurp! :p

Have a lovely, tasty weekend everyone!

JB x
07 Nov 2014, 11:29
Wow and well done that's a great loss.
Sticking to the plan too. Doing the weight loss jig for you. :cool:
03 Dec 2014, 09:13
wow, what a difference 4 weeks makes!!

Just reading my last post. this one is not so good! I haven't been on the scales since the 7th November, no, that's a fib, i HAVE been on the scales the following week BUT it was a 2.2lbs GAIN :( I haven't been on since as I just can't see the horrid number on the sclaes not move in the right direction again!!!
I have grown a little complacent I think,... eating more carbs that I usually would, eating on fast days when in the beginning (good weight loss) I was having only liquid fasts, eating WAY too much on my 'cheat day'...(it became a cheat weekend!!) AND having a glass of wine or 2 on an evening when I had non before :/
All this has now STOPPED!!! :)

I fasted back to back on Saturday and Sunday, I ate less than 1600 cals on Monday, fasted Tuesday, food today will be less than 1600 cals then fast Thursday to hopefully have a good result on the scales on Friday morning!!

I'm also conscious I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to and I don't think that's helped. I need to get back on here and keep resing the support and stories of success from everyone - it really does rub off!!

JB x
08 Jan 2015, 20:41
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Oh. My. Goodness. How can it be the 8th January already!?!?! I was just looking forward to a trip home and Christmas a few days ago, surely?!

Well,... here it is. 2015. My 39th birthday on Saturday and this yes, THIS YEAR is the year when I WILL get to my goal weight/size. I WILL NOT be FAT at 40 this time next year. I'm aiming for a very sensible 1lb loss a week. Any more I'll take it ;) but if I can just hold on to an average of 1 lb a week, I will get there. 52 weeks, 52 lbs.

Fasting Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays with 1600 cals on food days, low carb where possible with a 'cheat meal' over the weekend including a glass of wine! - that's the plan anyhow.

My pre-christmas goal of 12lbs loss was just missed. I lost 10.6lbs before leaving for the UK which I was pleased with, tomorrow will be the first day I get back on the scales - I hope its the same - dreading its not gone back up 10.6 lbs! :O

Anyhow,.... got a shopping list to write, 2 celebratory meals out over the weekend, will start with my first fast on Sunday :)

Good luck everyone, I'm excited!

JB x
08 Jan 2015, 21:35
Go for it @juliebulie10

I didn't quite make it for 40 but will be in a lot better shape at 41 than if I hadn't converted to this WOE!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
106 posts Page 7 of 8