The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

106 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
JulieBulie10's 4:3 report
31 Jan 2013, 11:20
Hello everyone,

I have introduced myself on the 'introduce yourself' threads (lol) so I will keep it brief on here.

Basically, I am a food addict. I am a comfort eater. I love food. I only really started with a weight problem at the age of 20 when I went to University. I'm now 37 and feel like I have been on a dieting rollercoaster ever since. My heaviest was 14st11 (I'm only 5"3), and I dropped to 9st13lbs after completing LighterLife. That was back in 2008. Since then, I've not done too bad at maintaining the loss, until recently, it has gone back up to 13st5lbs *gulp* and really enough, is enough.

I really enjoy exercise and have done a few Triathlons, I still enjoy cycling and swimming and things like badminton and exercise classes. I danced a lot when I was a child and ate good homecooked, freshly prepared food and never was overweight.

I am married and have 6yo twin daughters. My battle of the bulge has really been since having them. I also want to get my weight under control and continue to be a good example to my girls when it comes to eating an exercise so that they never become like me and have to obsess about food/weight and being able to find clothes that fit, but are still fashionable!!

My husband has been away since 4th Jan and I will not be seeing him again for possibly another 6-8weeks as we are moving abroad and waiting for our visas. I really want to have a great weightloss so that when I see him again he will say "wwowo-wowowooooo" :D ;)

I am going to continue to use MyFitnessPal to help me track my fast days, not necessarily the feed days as I really want to 'feel unburdened' as to what I have on feed days, but also not BINGE on these days.... if anyone also uses it and wants to be 'friends' then I'm also juliebulie10 on there :)

Ok,...... so, today 31/01/13 is my first fast day and so far I've had 2 green teas and feeling VERY positive!!

I'm going to keep posting on this thread, really for my own personal benefit and somewhere to share my thoughts/feelings and progress, but it would be just super if anyone wants to join me in here and we can all post together!!
Feedback is ALWAYS welcome!!

Bye for now!!

JB x 8-)
Re: JulieBulie10's 4:3 report
31 Jan 2013, 11:45
Hi Julie

A fellow ex Lighterlifer here and then I unfortunately put it all back plus more!!

You sound very positive and I am sure you will look great when your hubby gets back :)

Angela x
31 Jan 2013, 13:40
Hi Angela, thanks for posting! - I think, having done LL and eaten only 500 calories for 5 WHOLE MONTHS, 2 or 3 days sounds like a cinch! ;)
we will be going out to join my husband so its the first impression I will give to all his new friends and work colleagues I'm bothered about!! (very exciting to be moving abroad, thank goodness for the internet though as I will still be able to be in touch on here)

So, update so far:

lasted on just green tea and water till 13:30, just had a bowl of Miso soup with some Dukan Konjak Shiritaki noodles (yes, have tried that diet too!!) = 28 calories for lunch.

I enjoyed Dukan and goot good results, this time last year I was 30lbs lighter after following that, but I found it SO EXPENSIVE, I'm hoping I will get just as good results thie WOE, but without breaking the bank!! 500 calories can't cost much can it?!?! lol

JB x B)
31 Jan 2013, 13:51
Hi JulieBulie10 and welcome to the forum!

You've obviously got a pretty intensive fasting regime planned and as you've been super successful before with dieting you should get great results.

Where this regime might be particularly helpful is that when you want to you can move onto 5:2 or even 6:1 (as the sainted Dr M has recently done) and keep the WOE (took me a while to work out what that meant! can't say I like the word much!). This one's for life!
31 Jan 2013, 13:56
Hi JB and Wildpasty.
This is my first fast, had 100 cals at six am and black teas and water, hoping to last to six pm when I will have a ready meal from w/watchers and some veg which will work out to 300 cals.

I am that awful phrase....morbidly obese...there I said (wrote it ).
I tried to register on the tracker but can't figure out the conversion or work out bmi.

Not to worry I'll keep track online anyway. I don't see this as a diet but as a way of life..if I can do it of course. Feeling good so far after 8 hours.
What does WOE mean Dominic ?
I may have posted this twice....sorry if I have.
31 Jan 2013, 14:03
Hi Bee,

Welcome to 5:2 and to the forum!

The tracker should work out your BMI for you after you supply height and weight (it's just a mathematical formula based on those two). It's good to start with your data as soon as you can (including your waist, though I have yet to do that...) That way you get to see the improvements in a pretty graph, and you are contributing to the overall data on the forum. If you still have problems, send a PM to Moogie.

I think WOE is 'way of eating'? Please correct me someone if I am wrong.
31 Jan 2013, 14:06
Thanks Dominic
Happily work is slack today so I'll see if I can go back to the conversion site I found....I'm old and old school...happier with feet and inches stones and pounds...but the work scales only do metric, anyhow I'll go try.
31 Jan 2013, 14:10
Bee, I'm sure you can choose to put in feet and inches and stones and pounds on the tracker, you just need to select the right option. I do anyway!
31 Jan 2013, 14:11
Hi Bee and Dominic!!

Yes, WOE is quicker that righting Way Of Eating all the time as I REFUSE to call it a 'DIET' lol, but agree Dominic that 'woe' doesn't look a good word lol !

Thanks for your encouragement too :) keep going right back at ya!!

Oh, Bee..... I use an app on my phone 'ConvertPad' to do the conversion for me, there is probably something similar online - google it! and Well Done btw on righting 'morbidly obese' its a tough thing to do, both recognise and admit - I'm not far off that myself! Her to offer support!!

JB x B)
31 Jan 2013, 14:45
Where are you moving to JB? Shame you have to be away from OH for such a long time but it is exciting to think you will look very different when he sees you again! My OH keeps looking at me and saying "hmm, can't tell if you've lost weight" whereas friends that I haven't seen for a while say "wow! you've lost a lot of weight", so your separation should enable him to be suitably surprised!

I agree about WOE, perhaps we should say way of living (WOL)?

Yes, the progress tracker will take your entries in imperial or metric units, but not a combination of the two so, Bee, you will have to convert one measurement ;-).
31 Jan 2013, 19:12
Hi Caroline,
We are moving to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.... (OMG!) actually really excited to see/live in such an unusual country!

So, today my first fast day. Has been actually really good... one thing that I can tell is that 'i am grumpy' !! only came on since picking the kids up so no surprise there!!

Used MFP to track the calories for my 'meal' and all todays food/drink has come to 504 calories so am pleased with that.

Had, a red onion, red pepper, red chilli, sugarsnap peas & 2 cooked chicken thighs - all cooked up in 20 sprays of the '1 cal' spray.
was DELISH!! lol

Will be happy to leave it at that today..... hard'y seems hard with being able to eat that bowl full of food - almost felt like I was 'being naughty' having it as 'fast' means 'nothing!' to me!!!!............

Think I will be going to bed early tonight - just to make sure I don't break!!

Bedtime for my girlies........ might check back in later!

JB x
01 Feb 2013, 21:31
Ok,.. so I survived my first FAST!! and it was quite easy.... seemed to obsess about food all day, but managed to only have green tea, my miso soup and konjak noodles and the chicken with a bit of stir fried veg for tea. 504

so feed day after my first FAST day and i was surprised to not feel hungry... I only had half cup of Herbalife smoothie and a couple tablespoons of left over porridge I'd made for the kids...made it till 1:30 when I bought a 'meal deal' sandwich and fruit bag from Sainsbury's while shopping. Had a large fresh salad bowl for my tea.... but had made a mistake while shopping and bought some american 'fluff' which is really just fluffy meringue/marshmallow in a tub!! I'd bought it thinking I was going to use it to top some whoopie pies I'm going to make with the girls this weekend...... but due to my period (soz if TMI!) I needed something sweet........and found myself eating the WHOLE tub with a spoon!!! Have told myself, while it wasn't the cleverest thing to do, its not the end of the world!!

I do honestly wish I was fasting tomorrow to kind of 'cleanse' myself again (I loved my fast day if the truth be known - so empowering) but I know that I won't/can't because I'm going out in Leeds with my old school friends tomorrow night and we are going to Harvey Nichols 4th floor for food and champagne as its a joint birthday party-come leaving party for me. So, food + alcohol = not a fasting day!! lol
I would then like Sunday to have been a FAST day again, to 'cleanse' again, but am having a homecooked sunday lunch at my Mum's again = FEED day!
Saying that, I am honestly looking forward to Monday to FAST again!!

Thanks for reading - what have you had on your FEED day???.......

JB x
01 Feb 2013, 21:41
Sounds like you got off to a great start! There's a thread about how people got on generally on Thursday (including me) at http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=540. I and OH are enjoying relaxing on Friday evening and not fasting!

The important thing is to stick to the fasting days and get into the routine, as you worked out it's not a catastrophe to overindulge once in a while on a feed day.

Cheers, Dominic
02 Feb 2013, 07:41
You could have a go at ADf...
02 Feb 2013, 17:00
Hi, yes, I did consider adf but looking at my diary the next couple of Weeks it looks like 4:3 will perfectly suit my plans but after that I will try adf :)

Am staying at my parents tonight and about to get ready to go out with my old school friends for a meal and cocktails! Only had a Herbalife breakfast shake and some roast pork so far on this feed day :)

Check in tomorrow!

jb xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
106 posts Page 1 of 8