The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

66 posts Page 2 of 5
Congratulations Littlejoy! I'm a slow faster too and only 5 weeks in so you are a real inspiration. Keep going!
Hello everyone! I'm up and just had 2 fasts this week, and made a little progress so I thought I'd sign in and let you all know that I'm now down 20 lbs!!!!! :victory: :victory: :victory:

So not quite a pound a week, but still not so bad and very exciting for me.

My waist measurement is down between 5-6 whopping inches! :like:

Of course, it still means I'll be here a few years to reach my goal, but I'm so darned excited it's working. :heart: :victory:

Last week I did a very simple 5:2 since I was on a little vacation, and it seems to have shifted things for me, so I'm going back to 5:2 now. Maybe that 1/2 fast helped, but I'm not sure. I think I really need to concentrate on making that one meal on a fast day be very limited, in calories and content... so that's my focus for the next few weeks.

We will see where that gets me! Thanks for being there with me! :heart: :victory:

Good luck :clover: everyone!
I'm a pound up from two weeks ago. UGH! I'm just so slow ! :(

I'm trying not to eat too much sugar, but the other night with the halloween candy around... well it was very difficult to resist. I'm sure sugar is the problem.

But I'm hanging in there. I just have to look very seriously at this sugar/candy/wine thing. Also, last two weeks I've just done a regular 5:2, and I don't think it's enough for me really, so I'm back to a 1/2 fast on Fridays... I think that extra skipping of meals on a Friday really helps me somehow, at least maintain!

Now, 30 weeks in, I really wish I was not such a slow loser! Actually, I've always wished that, but today I'm really feeling it.....

So ups and downs today is on my mind. Facing halloween and all the candy with some extra steely coating armor to get through the day.

:clover: everyone!
Hi Joy you're doing OK :heart:
Agree with mixing it up to confuse our body :heart:
If 4:3 is'nt an option then the half fast is great i do one evey Fri. and when i'm having meal out like this Sat i also do a couple of 16:8 the days after a fast coz i'm not hungry :victory:
Reducing carbs on all days but 'specially fastdays also kickstarted my weightloss i now rarely eat bread :heart:
We all lose different amounts and speeds but dont despair just keep the tape measure handy + use more often that's a better indication for you. Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
Keep going Joy. You are doing great. Just look at that posting you did earlier in the month celebrating your inch loss. Awesome girl. Dig in (but enjoy Halloween) :cat: :cat: :pumpkin: :pumpkin:
Great progress Little Joy, and Sue's right, how about incorporating 16:8? It's such a simple way of getting rid of a few more morning calories ...

See Ballerina's thread, if you haven't already ...
5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic5557.html#p57573
Thanks Sue, Karen and Silverdarling! It's so nice to have the support.

Sue, it's very difficult to give up bread - props galore to you. I know it just turns to sugar, but I love it! I'm trying to do less though <3 thanks for the reminder.

Karen, You are right! Thank you. This morning I tried on a sweater that I was busting out of big time, and now, it's fitting quite nicely. Plus my jeans that were previously way too tight, are now fitting very nicely even after being washed! :)
Silverdarling, I do try to skip breakfast some days, not every day, but it's a really good suggestion! Thanks, I do like that Ballerina tread very much, thanks for bringing it up. :) and for the support.

:pumpkin:
My average is a little over 1/2 a pound loss per week... though very slow, and much slower than I'd like, it's still very doable!

I'm still on this diet I started back in April. That's almost 8 months! I'm at about 21 pounds less. Everything fits better. I eat what I like though, and I don't avoid carbs or sugar or wine... that is the reason I started this diet, so I didn't have to give up everything to lose weight.

I still exercise everyday with a 12 mile bike commute.

3 days a week I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I think if I only ate a veggie dinner those nights, I'd lose weight faster, but I want to eat with my family at this point in my life, and I find that more doable than making myself my own dinner. I'm trying to figure out a way to work it in that we all eat much lighter those nights... now with soup season here, it may get easier!

I'm up and down on the tape measure and the scales, but the trendline is down, so I'm sticking with it.

Bracing myself for the holidays...

:clover: :clover: :clover:
Well done LJ :) :clover:

Keep going, you are doing a great steady weight loss and fits in very well with the things you enjoy, carbs, sugar and more importantly, wine :grin:
Thanks so much @Minigill

Yes, wine is a very important life affirming delight :heart:

Thanks for the encouragement friends :heart: :victory:

:clover: :clover: :clover:
I love your approach LittleJoy slow and steady and even though some of us don't choose slow losing it chooses us. I like how you incorporate your fasting into your life not the other way around

Look forward to you progress, you are doing well
Good to hear about your progress LittleJoy. It's so important to find a way of fasting that works for you as that makes it so much more likely that you will be able to maintain your weight loss in the long term :smile:
thanks for the encouragement @gillymary & @windsinger123, I've really enjoyed your company through these months. :heart:
Joy! An all time low this morning, and encouraging news that I'm now hitting the scales at what looks to be 200 pounds! I'm super encouraged and hopeful to reach my xmas goal of getting below 200. So now....... I've lost 25 lbs. :victory:

Here's how the progress tracker put it:
"Well done LittleJoy! You've lost 25lbs since starting your diet 35 weeks 2 days ago (your start date to last recorded weigh in). That's a mean average of 0.708lbs lost per week."

Yay! :victory:
:like: And that's no 'mean' achievement Little Joy! Very well done, you must be delighted! :grin: :grin:
66 posts Page 2 of 5