The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

66 posts Page 3 of 5
Yes, I am! Thanks so much for your encouragement @callyanna and everyone on these forums, it's been so helpful to have your good company on this journey.

:victory: :heart: : :present: :reindeer: :snowman:
:heart:
Hello and Happy New Year! Little Joy reporting in and it's starting out to be a great New Year. This is the year I tackle the next 25 lbs or more and I'm so excited!

I weighed myself this morning and after two weeks of eating, drinking and being very merry things don't look as bad as I thought! I'm still not down below 200, but I'm only above by 1 lb. :star: So... I think that'll go quickly once I start with the more frequent fasting, and bicycle riding.

:clover: :clover: :clover:

The holidays have brought much food and drink into my life this year.... so many yummy and delicious meals - cocktails, wine and even champagne :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :can: :beer: :present:!

It's felt so good to just relax and enjoy my new slimmer body, and not worry, because I now have a great method to get back on track, and this is it folks!

I think I must be one of the slowest losers ever here! But, I have had a very encouraging weigh in this morning... I thought it would be much worse. I've heard so many on this forum say that, and I'm glad it's me too today!

So, cheers everyone! Here's to a great 2014 for all of us!
:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
Happy New Year and Good Luck for 2014 Little Joy
We' ll all get through it together with plenty of good times along the way x
Well done on your success so far x x
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.8 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Wishing you all the best in 2014, LittleJoy!!
Happy new year and all the best @LittleJoy

Love your little piccies @CandiceMarie
Yay, after a week of fasting I'm down a pound, so I'm back to 200 lbs. I'm so excited to get below 200, it seemed even like the line was on that side of 200... so I'm really hopeful for next week... stay tuned!

I'm really back into it, and fasted 3 days this past week. I've also been skipping breakfast anyhow most days, just to extend all the fasts.

So I am 1/3 of the way there!

I've never stayed on a diet this long before (since I saw the MM BBC show in April)! I feel great and I really think I can get there.

:like: :heart: :victory:

:clover: everyone! Thanks as always for all of your support!
Great news Little Joy. Good luck for next week.

Lesley
OK folks it took some time, but today I woke up to weigh and landed on the other side of 200 lbs for a change to what looked exactly like 199!!!!! Yeah! I'm so excited to be on that side of the line, next goal is 185, where I'll be halfway there. Wish me :clover: the same to you. :) :like: :like: :grin: :victory:
Well done.
how does your new low weight compare with your Xmas club goal. Can i make you GREEN?
Massive congratulations little Joy, you are doing SO well and it makes me ever so happy when I see folk on here reach their targets, interim or otherwise. Now, just a bit more loin girding and off you go toward you goal, good luck, :like: :grin: :victory: :victory: :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
@Juliana.Rivers, yes, thanks for keeping tabs, I think my goal back then was to be where I am now, so turn me from red to green!
Thanks so much for your support with that, I'm not much for keeping track, and scales are thorny bushes for me to tangle with most days, so prickly, they are best often avoided.

In any event, riding a line or otherwise, who knows about when I get to my goal. Perhaps I'll be here the rest of my life? What was it about above 200 that kept my body there for so long. Was it a place it needed to stay for a while, like visiting an old friend? What is it about that number, and embarking on the journey below it that so enthralled me and yet eluded me for so long? Had I been above and below it many times, and had I had access to better measurements, would know? Was my body "working on other things" bigger and more important health concerns than just the weight of me? Even, was it the moon? The moon and the water. I don't know! But these things swirl around as I confront the scales.
Thanks for your support and encouragements Juliana and @Ballerina. With a hop in my step, I continue. :victory:
I was very interested in your reference to the moon in relation to your struggle with your weight. I read Tarot cards and the Moon card is a very interesting choice. It signals warnings about how distorted things can become in moonlight, do not trust it as it throws shadows and can be very disorienting. When the dawn breaks you will see more clearly and your path will be obvious. This really can sum up how blind we all are whilst overeating and blaming other things, Been there, done that. It is metaphor for 'seeing the light' so perhaps you hit the nail on the head there, good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks for the card reading @Ballerina! Something to look at for sure. :heart:
LittleJoy wrote: @Juliana.Rivers, yes, thanks for keeping tabs, I think my goal back then was to be where I am now, so turn me from red to green!
Thanks so much for your support with that, I'm not much for keeping track, and scales are thorny bushes for me to tangle with most days, so prickly, they are best often avoided. Some, like you, seem able to ride the bucking bronco of that line. But I feel more of staking a claim on that number and camping there a while, without the ups and downs. In any event, riding a line or otherwise, who knows about when I get to my goal. Perhaps I'll be here the rest of my life? What was it about above 200 that kept my body there for so long. Was it a place it needed to stay for a while, like visiting an old friend? What is it about that number, and embarking on the journey below it that so enthralled me and yet eluded me for so long? Had I been above and below it many times, and had I had access to better measurements, would know? Was my body "working on other things" bigger and more important health concerns than just the weight of me? Even, was it the moon? The moon and the water. I don't know! But these things swirl around as I confront the scales.
Thanks for your support and encouragements Juliana and @Ballerina. With a hop in my step, I continue. :victory:

I made you green, as of Dec 7.! well done.
66 posts Page 3 of 5