The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

112 posts Page 8 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: DeMuralist's Progress
06 Aug 2014, 12:56
snap @deMuralist My fast days tend to be Sun Tue and Thurs.
Thurs is getting a wee bit harder as it's the beginning of the weekend and I go into 'time off ' mode. I'll look at it agin when I come back my holidays. You are doing really well. Hope I can be as focused when I get back. :clover:
06 Aug 2014, 14:39
@janeg I find Sunday harder than Thursday. Because it is still the weekend, and I have always tended to start these types of things on Mondays. But I am working it. Yesterday's fast was harder because of stress at work, so I am happy that although I went over my 500 I managed to stay under 700 and not do an all out binge!

I like this program because it is very forgiving, if I mess up on Sunday, I get another chance on Tuesday then again on Thursday, etc.
30 Aug 2014, 16:13
241.8 new low!
28 Oct 2014, 20:14
Another restart. I got as low as 239.8 and then headed back up the scale, in a pendulum swing I could not seem to stop. Luckily I only gained 5 pounds, but have had a bit of trouble getting it going again. I start my fast days well, but it falls apart as I am making dinner for my Honey. And if I make it through cooking, then putting away the leftovers gets me.

So yesterday, I did 20:4, on my non-fasting day. I waited until 4 pm to eat. it was a struggle but I made it, and the scale rewarded me with a loss. Now hoping that the success I felt will hold me through today's fast. So far so good.
28 Oct 2014, 20:51
It takes courage to keep nutting out what actually works and what doesn't. It's more a battle of the mind more than the body in this fat loss business. That's what makes IF so doable, it's versatile, not rigid. Where there's a will there's a way! All the best @DeMuralist :)
28 Oct 2014, 22:07
deMuralist wrote: I start my fast days well, but it falls apart as I am making dinner for my Honey. And if I make it through cooking, then putting away the leftovers gets me.

I'm fortunate that DH and I follow an IF schedule together. Plus, I have a freezer and tend to batch prepare & portion the food at the weekend so that it only has to be heated during which time I prepare some vegetables, on the day. This way, I mostly avoid the necessity to taste to adjust seasoning and I reduce the likelihood of leftovers. Can you box and cool the leftovers while you're eating dinner - or are they still attractive to you when cold, or you don't know something is leftover until your Best Beloved has finished eating?
29 Oct 2014, 16:05
thanks for the suggestions. Yes it is basically that I don't know what is leftover till he has finished eating.

Yesterday went well though. I have not actually been eating a meal because I have a portion control issue and I figured that a 500 calorie meal would be a joke. However, I decided to make a go of it and it was great. I actually made a meal that was 300 very filling calories, and kept my "treat" iced coffee to the end of the night. this way I could adjust what I added to it depending on what/if I nibbled during clean up.

I did taste one piece of pasta for seasoning while I was cooking, and had 5 shrimp while putting leftovers away. So I knocked off the egg whites I had planned to add and the extra iced coffee I had planned on and that covered the nibbles.

p.s. I like the SINS=Simple Ss the New Sustainable!
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
112 posts Page 8 of 8