The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

37 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Maintaining June 2015
11 Jun 2015, 17:03
Maintaining 'steady as we go'. Needed this weeks fast to keep me on track after a weekend with a couple of extra's. But hey, that's something that we fasters can afford :cool:
11 Jun 2015, 18:13
Popping in for my first visit here, of the month. I continue fasting Mon/Thurs and low carb. Must remember to pick up some coconut oil at the weekend, I have been without for a month and I'm missing it. 19 days until I celebrate 6 months maintaining - my first milestone. I'm so glad the 1st 6 months maintaining covered the rising spring/summer April, May, June. If I had started maintaining Oct, that first 6 months would have been tough. What time of the year did you start maintaining?
11 Jun 2015, 19:15
Well, I did start in October 2013, because I was lucky to get to target in 3 months. However, extra calories burned by speedskating in an arena with temperature comparable to a regular fridge usually result in very little fasting during winter :cool:
11 Jun 2015, 19:33
Nice, speed skating :cool:
My maintaining journey, watch out for those peaks! :shock: :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nNUmAUJUso
Exciting landing :cool:
@Redrobin one for you :like:
12 Jun 2015, 12:10
Maintenance month 13 for me. Still managing to stay under target but not as big a buffer as I'd like. Still, mustn't grumble! Waist has only varied by 1.5 cm all year. :grin:
12 Jun 2015, 14:56
Still at the top of my range, but I'm not complaining!
12 Jun 2015, 16:36
My weight can fluctuate by up to 4 pounds depending on how much salty or carby food I've been eating or how many treats I've been indulging in, but happy to report in at 92 pounds today so well within my 'happy' range.
12 Jun 2015, 17:10
Just wanted to say 'hello' to @Mousefx, who posted earlier in the month. Sorry that no-one welcomed you to the Maintenance tent, especially after you have lost your weight so quickly and took the trouble to pop in to join us! Please keep us updated on how you get on with maintenance.
Some people find it difficult to change from weight loss to maintenance mode. I think one reason is that there is not the reward of seeing the weight drop away week by week. Instead we have to celebrate hovering around our chosen target - some of us by considerably larger margins than others! My weight has varied by four pounds this week - as it often does! Too many cakes, followed by salty savouries - then more cake! Nobody said I was a perfect maintainer - just a work in progress! :grin:
12 Jun 2015, 17:22
StowgateResident wrote: Some people find it difficult to change from weight loss to maintenance mode. I think one reason is that there is not the reward of seeing the weight drop away week by week. Instead we have to celebrate hovering around our chosen target - some of us by considerably larger margins than others!

Well,@StowgateResident, there is a solution for everything :wink:
delighted-or-disappointed-f23/visualise-weight-gain-prevented-t14211.html
12 Jun 2015, 17:56
Thanks for the referral to your other post @P-JK. I have posted on it. To everyone else - it's well worth doing - especially on days when you may be struggling to believe that maintaining is worthwhile! :starving:
12 Jun 2015, 22:14
Haven't checked in to Maintenance thread for awhile, so here goes. I keep my weight at or around goal weight if I restrict calories 3 days per week. If I am having life stresses I tend to not do that and then I can't face the scales and THAT is when things go pear shaped (especially my bum :bugeyes: ). But on the other hand I have a mental set point that says BACK TO IT NOW! I find it easy to lose weight on 3 days of less than 1000 cals. Hopefully 3 days of power cals will eventually become a regular pattern for me. Under 1000 cals just means breakfast, a snack and another meal. Quality food with no alcohol on these days is easy enough if I can get organised. Then the other days I'm free to be indulgent...a cinnamon scroll, bread, restaurant curry, wine, plus other little things I like. I quite like the thought of being healthy 1 day and naughty the next :oops: it suits my personality. Currently I'm a couple of kg up from optimum but heading down again after a fish slapping. I don't panic as I used to before fasting, now I have a solution, just get back to dieting 3 days a week and have whatever I want the other days. What has amazed me most is that by cutting to 800 to 1000 cals a day I can lose weight, the thought of 500 cals makes my stomach contract LOL, I couldn't do that anymore it would feel like starving and whilst there may be benefits in not eating for long hours, I'm not sure that staying slim isn't just as healthy. Anyway I don't want to spend my remaining years feeling seriously restrictive.
14 Jun 2015, 18:34
This past week or so I've maintained within a reasonable range of my goal of 135 lbs., hitting a high of 136 one day and a low of 133.5 another day. Strange to say, I haven't had to fast at all since early in May while still staying in the close neighborhood of the desired weight.

Don't know why, but I'm happy!! :grin:
16 Jun 2015, 19:36
Had a fast today on my regular 6:1 schedule. Holiday buffer is in sight, perhaps next week it will be official (todays weight was low, but as it is a fast day I alway wait for the results of the next week to make it official) :geek:
19 Jun 2015, 15:27
My high this week was 3 days ago at 136; my low (today) is 133.5--goal is 135. So I am happy to be fluctuating right around the correct area :victory: Hope this helps people who have a hard time taking in the idea that weight doesn't stay the same and the ups and downs are normal.

The mystifying thing is that I haven't fasted since early May, because, for me, maintaining is daily weighing with a fast day only as needed when the weight creeps up over 137. I've been eating anything I want (having learned to want lots of fruit and veg and not to want a lot of carbs :wink: )

I wonder what my doc will say when I tell him that at my annual Medicare well-visit in August. I'll be interested in what the blood work shows.
23 Jun 2015, 19:59
After today's fast now officially down to 62.5 kg. :victory: Consistent 6:1 is paying off. Might have to skip fasting next week, but let's wait and see what the scales tell me the coming week.
37 posts Page 2 of 3