The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

250 posts Page 12 of 17
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17 Next
Hi @katekat well done for losing such an impressive amount of weight and for keeping it off. I have reached target twice before but this time I am determined not to let it creep up. Somehow I found it harder to lose the third time, but that could be due to other reasons. So I am always trying to find the best maintenance routine for me. Good luck and welcome.
Losing weight while living the life of a couch potato? It's the muscles, stupid! :doh:
Surely must be losing muscles more rapidly than gaining fat.
I have been not been fasting for the last four weeks and my weight has been stable at round my target of 147 pounds. However, a few more desserts and cakes have re-entered my life in the past week and I am also walking less as the weather worsens so I am now two pounds above target. I am currently staying with family in Germany so fasting is not an option (We avoid mentioning weight issues in front of our grandchildren) so I will see how my weight is when I return home next Monday and deal with it then. I don't feel that two pounds is too bad but I don't want to set off on a cruise on the 30th November already above my target weight so action will need to be taken!
StowgateResident wrote: I have been not been fasting for the last four weeks and my weight has been stable at round my target of 147 pounds. However, a few more desserts and cakes have re-entered my life in the past week and I am also walking less as the weather worsens so I am now two pounds above target. I am currently staying with family in Germany so fasting is not an option (We avoid mentioning weight issues in front of our grandchildren) so I will see how my weight is when I return home next Monday and deal with it then. I don't feel that two pounds is too bad but I don't want to set off on a cruise on the 30th November already above my target weight so action will need to be taken!

Love how you don't talk about weight issues in front of the kids! My 4th grader already has friends who are 'dieting' and are skipping lunches at school, because they think they're fat :frown: We need to be very careful how we handle our weight loss/maintenance in front of little ears/eyes!
Checking in this week with my high of 136.5 and low of 135.5 (lbs.), 135 being my goal. I didn't fast at all this week because I took part in a study on Tuesday which involved removing a small piece of muscle tissue from my leg for analysis. The researchers are seeking to find what, if any, changes occur in skeletal muscle mitochondrial DNA as we age. There's a small wound that's healing very nicely with very little muscle soreness (can't say the same for the actual procedure, though--Owwie!! in spite of lidocaine.) So, I thought I should take it easy on any additional stressors for my body.

Good excuse, eh? :lol:
107.4lbs which is :cool: and within my maintenance range. I've taken a couple of falls and I'm bruised and swollen in spots - this is why I have a range of 105-110lbs tho' :)

@P-JK - I'd hope that between muscle memory and testosterone, you've got a good chance of recovering your LBM if that is what you're observing in your scale changes. One of the reasons that I keep postponing my surgeries is that I'm not confident about maintaining muscle mass during post-surgical rehabilitation. I'm due to talk to someone whose PhD research was in the use of blood flow restricted training (kaatsu) to see if it might be appropriate for me as a means to maintain my (already scant) skeletal muscle. :clover: for your timely recovery.
It's Monday and that means weight-recording-day for me. The scales were very kind this morning and I seem to have lost another pound which places me nicely at the bottom of my target range. I don't think I can relax just yet as I don't feel I have enough of experience having reached my upper goal only about two months ago. I have gone from 3 fast days to two now but might experiment with the occasional third one midweek eating below TDEE (maybe 1000kcal) but no sugar and low carb.
I am enjoying this experimenting and the fact that I am not disappointed when the scales stay the same. :lol:
Ieramul wrote: It's Monday and that means weight-recording-day for me. The scales were very kind this morning and I seem to have lost another pound which places me nicely at the bottom of my target range. I don't think I can relax just yet as I don't feel I have enough of experience having reached my upper goal only about two months ago. I have gone from 3 fast days to two now but might experiment with the occasional third one midweek eating below TDEE (maybe 1000kcal) but no sugar and low carb.
I am enjoying this experimenting and the fact that I am not disappointed when the scales stay the same. :lol:

Great weigh in today! It took me several months to get comfortable with the idea of maintenance-transitioning from active weight loss, to just maintaining really messes with our minds :bugeyes: :grin: You're doing a lovely job so far though!
Thank you @KateKat, just how long did it take you to adjust? Has this way of life become the norm to you in a way that you don't really think much about it?
Ieramul wrote: Thank you @KateKat, just how long did it take you to adjust? Has this way of life become the norm to you in a way that you don't really think much about it?

It took about six months for me to fully get comfortable with the idea that I was in maintenance. I had to totally switch gears, and not having weight focused goals to work towards, was something I had to deal with and then come up with new goals (for me it was a new focus on fitness). I also actually dropped a jean size, after I transitioned into maintenance-my body continued to change shape on its own, for about a year after I stopped actively trying to lose weight. I've read this is a common occurrence-wild!
@KateKat, that is awsome - it is so good to have people like you on this forum for inspiration. How long have you been in maintenance? Apparently there are depressing statistics regarding maintaining weight loss in the long term. Thank you.
Ieramul wrote: @KateKat, that is awsome - it is so good to have people like you on this forum for inspiration. How long have you been in maintenance? Apparently there are depressing statistics regarding maintaining weight loss in the long term. Thank you.

Around 2 years now. I've been pretty laid back about it and have had some weight creep over the past couple months-this is why I've gotten plugged into this site, for some accountability and motivation :) I've got around 4-6lbs to lose again, to get me back comfortably in my original maintenance range (118-122lbs). And then back to maintenance again!

And I hear ya-the statistics are very grim for long term weight loss success :cry: But, the nice thing about IF and maintenance-if you start to notice a weight creep, like I did, it's very easy to get back on track with a few rotations of 5:2 or other form of IF!
Hello, fellow maintaineers! I returned from my Germany trip on Monday carrying an extra three pounds over my target weight but one fast yesterday and that has reduced to half a pound over, so I am very happy with that! :grin:
I intend to have a careful couple of weeks just to ensure that I go away on 30th November at, or around, target weight. Forethought and planning is the key to success! :victory:
Hello Stogate, well done!! Only 3lb from Germany!!!
And even better for losing it so quickly. :smile:
Checking in again with my weekly high--137 lbs--and low--136 lbs; goal of 135. I haven't fasted for 2 weeks because of lots of appointments, medical stuff, etc., etc.--lots of excuses; but still keeping pretty well under control.

Next week is Thanksgiving here in the states, so I have definitely scheduled a fast for Monday. This year we are entertaining our local children and grandchildren at a T-day buffet at a nearby hotel http://www.thehotelithaca.com/pdf/doc-t ... 076507.pdf. Looks good, but I find I don't eat much at these occasions--too busy socializing.

Good luck to all of us in getting through the holiday feasting without too much damage :clover: :clover:
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17 Next
250 posts Page 12 of 17