The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

250 posts Page 15 of 17
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
Thanks @Merlin :heart: see you next week in Luverpool! Tis a fine divide between maintaining v losing lessons.
You're very welcome @Lizbean, the more the merrier as it shows that IF is working well for both maintainers and people trying to lose weight.

I'm still on track, I try to stay within 2lb of my goal weight, I was just 1/4 lb over this morning so I'm happy with that.
Last Christmas I did very well, keeping just under my maintenance weight, I hope I can do the same this year.
Cheers :grin:
Maintenance update from me: last week max weight 64.1, min weight 63.0, trend 63.4kg. Phew back to where I want to be after having had week or so of gradual increase, a bit of up and downing at a weight higher than I'd like for a week or so and then in the last few days a drop back down.

I guess that it will take some time of living through ups and downs to become confident that every up will eventually be followed by a down without panicking if it doesn't happen immediately. It is hardly surprising that all of us who have dieted before and experienced the weight regain are worried that our new weight is just a temporary thing. Gradually we have to replace the white knuckle maintenance that SSure has talked about with a more relaxed attitude even if still vigilant.
Lizbean wrote: Room for one more?. Happy hols........

Sure, welcome! Let's make it official :smile:
Well I've been up to my usual trick of gaining a huge amount when I go away on holiday! I came back last Friday with a gain of nine pounds over my target! :oops: However, this morning I was back to within a half pound of it. Put simply that means that I have lost eight and a half pounds in five days! :victory:
I fasted on Saturday and Monday and have been very careful about not eating too much the other days and the fluid retention (that's the only thing that I can think of which could cause such a dramatic increase/loss) has just gone! I am hoping that it doesn't all just pile back on over the festive season but, knowing me, it probably will and I will start January at least half a stone heavier. Oh well, I tackle that in the New Year and hope that it goes as quickly as it comes. This maintenance is really tricky for some of us, isn't it?
Lizbean wrote: joining maintaining on my fastiversary 30 December. I have had 6 months of bouncing to nothing, which is fine but learnt lots of lessons to share. Room for one more?
Good to see you here, @Lizbean :) We all have so much to learn from fellow maintainers' experience and observations. Not least because personal circumstances change and it can be helpful to see how other people cope with matters such as surgery, accidents, taking on additional responsibilities etc. etc. Plus, it's jolly cheerful and encouraging to be able to chat to other maintainers who are familiar with this, 'for the rest of our lives' phase :)
I want to report on my maintenance progress too. I usually maintain about 1,5 kg or 3 LB above my weight goal. I have now been Advent fasting with an eating window. I am happy to say that I am now just 100g below my maintenance weight. It has been hard not eating anything in the mornings and early afternoon. But I feel good about heading for Christmas with some room to indulge. Yes, I am planning not fasting during Christmas. If I gain too much at Christmas, there is always Lent coming up .... I guess this is the way of 'fasting and feasting'. I can now count my remaining tough fast days with the fingers of one hand. Yes, here in Scandinavia the big Feast Day is on the 24th, Christmas Eve. So Advent is one day shorter for us. But my hubby is British so we celebrate the 25th thoroughly as well. :grin: Before Christmas there is still some house cleaning and cooking and organising and... to do. It feels good to maintain together.
Margotsylvia wrote: Yes, here in Scandinavia the big Feast Day is on the 24th, Christmas Eve. So Advent is one day shorter for us. But my hubby is British so we celebrate the 25th thoroughly as well. :grin: Before Christmas there is still some house cleaning and cooking and organising and... to do. It feels good to maintain together.

My hubby is half Swedish so we also celebrate twice. Big meal on xmas eve with snaps and much singing followed by the traditional turkey lunch on xmas day. I'll have just one meal on both days.
I seem to have gone a little overboard this week with three days of 137 lbs or more (goal 135) but after fasting yesterday, I'm back down to 135.5. I'll plan to fast again on Monday, but it'll be a little harder, seeing as our Monday exercise class is cancelled (I find fasting easier if I have activities to get me out of the house). I do my library volunteering in one-hour shifts on my own schedule, so maybe I could do a shift in the morning, then another in the afternoon (we live next door to the library). That should keep me busy going in and out and about without being around the house thinking about food half the day :oops:

Having the holidays interrupt our usual routines can make things a little more difficult--good luck, maintainers :clover: :clover:
So far this month I have gone from 72.7 to 73.3 but today I'm a happy 72.2kgs.
I decided Autumn Feed Syndrome could take a hike and instituted two 19:5 days in my week of usual 16:8, it's doing the trick.
Though 2 stollen bite size crept in today :0.
And tomorrow is a big family Xmas meal.
Things could get hairy!
:-? :bugeyes: :-D :rose: :present: :ghost: :clock: :drink: :booze: :island:
Hi everyone. :)
Although I took myself out of the tent a while ago, when I was trying to change what looked like a gradual increase in my trend weight, the fact is that a year after reaching my (arbitrary) goal weight, I am "still" around this goal (must update my tracker), albeit with lots of minor ups and downs through the year. :) :)
So I guess I do qualify for membership of this tent! :D
Best wishes to all maintaineers for another successful year of maintenance ahead. :clover: :victory: :clover:
Welcome to the club!
Keep popping in and out of forum, have been on maintance for 8 months and keeping around my goal wight. Still doing 5-2 but haven't lost any more weight, not complaining , happy to keep on target, have noticed that I have lost a small amount in inches around bust, waist and hips, clothes are looser, than a couple of months ago. Perhaps just as well with xmas next week. A merry Xmas and happy new year to you all .
Measured yesterday to set my official pre-Christmas weight at 62.5, which is nicely at the bottom of my maintenance weight range (62-64 kg). As our Dutch tradition contains almost no pre-Christmas food festivities, that is not much of an accomplishment, but it is nice to have a small buffer before the real party begins. And even if the weight is coming on, no worry, I might even get to a situation where I could start fasting :shock: :grin:
:sun: :island:
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
250 posts Page 15 of 17