The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

275 posts Page 17 of 19
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 Next
Manderley wrote: I remember being traumatized with the smell of marmite when I lived in England.

Quite a few of us still are traumatised regularly! I personally can't be in the same room as someone eating marmite! :bugeyes:
Sorry loseitlyd, I too am on a fast day but got distracted by butter posts! Toast, butter and marmite for me for brekkie. I am in Aus but have never learned to love vegemite so marmite travels everywhere with me!
It is even worse that Thurs night is food night on one of the channels, Madhur Jaffrey cooking chicken tikka masala followed by Vietnamese. Dammit!,
just recently on a site

Butter is winning the war in the marketplace against margarine.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/butter ... 2014-01-20

excerpt

The change in taste has more to do with just a literal change in taste, however. It also has to do with the ongoing discussions about the health benefits and risks of all types of fats, be they saturated (as is the case with butter) or trans fat (as is the case with some types of margarine). The bottom line: Many nutritional and cardiovascular experts are saying that butter may not be as bad as once suspected; some even say a little butter could be good in the diet. Meanwhile, the Food and Drug Administration is moving to ban trans fats altogether.
Just done a rummage around for this legendary thread, all started by the equally legendary @Azureblue :cool:

Now, where were we?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh yes, buttery loveliness!!! Tend to have mine in bullet proof coffee these days unless I have a rare treat of buttery sourdough!!! :lol:
Like the sound of buttery sourdough! What about, ummmmm, buttery proper french croissants?? #justsaying
Buttery asparagus! Mmm
Buttery corn on the cob, mmm
Buttery green beans, mmmm
Mushrooms in garlic butter, mmm mmm

We get through a lot of butter in our house!
I'm hoping the butter shortage in Japan resolves soon so I can do my Xmas baking. Buttery corn on the cob sounds good too!
Did someone mention potatoes?
Buttery potatoes? With cheese? Now you're talking!
Well, @Debs, I was just in the grocery store and heard my name. So I eavesdropped on the woman checking out next to me. She was telling her kids "Wendy puts butter in her coffee. She says it's delicious!" I considered announcing loudly "Not this Wendy!!" but decided it would be politer to mind my own business :lol: :lol: It's the first time I've heard bulletproof coffee mentioned outside of this forum. I'll stick to buttering a nice dark bread, thank you.
I'm with you WendyJane - afraid that I like Lurpak butter with carbs - bread, scones, muffins, buns, etc. I do sometimes add it to veggies too.....
Thanks for bringing this thread back Silverdarling. I'm going to read the whole thing. After deciding to not buy margerine anymore last year I did a bit of butter tasting and settled on Aldi organic salted butter. Yum! I might reread this thread on the weekend as I'm fasting now. Am I able to somehow save this butter thread to ' favourites' so I don't lose it does anyone know?
Xxx julianna
Like @Debs, in my bulletproof coffee. (Decaf these days!) and frequently on my green veg - especially Brussels !
julianna wrote: Thanks for bringing this thread back Silverdarling. I'm going to read the whole thing. After deciding to not buy margerine anymore last year I did a bit of butter tasting and settled on Aldi organic salted butter. Yum! I might reread this thread on the weekend as I'm fasting now. Am I able to somehow save this butter thread to ' favourites' so I don't lose it does anyone know?
Xxx julianna

@julianna you can bookmark it from the menu on the left
@rawkaren - brussel sprouts, now that's a whole new thread ... :shock:
Sesame rice cake smoothed with butter and topped with avocado with a little lemon juice.
It's like a party on your tongue :0)
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 Next
275 posts Page 17 of 19