The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

275 posts Page 7 of 19
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19 Next
Hi Chipmunk cheeks, I was just trying to remove all traces of the hullaballo.

Thing is, I had Bruce's breakfast on the stovetop and didn't have a whole lot of time to devote to the issue. I had moved a few posts (the offending one and the responses to it) in order to let any mods reinstate what they wanted when they had a chance to look at it. We felt it would be more clean to just remove the conversation in its entirety.

Sorry!
Hi Chipmonkcheeks,

Don't panic, you have done nor said anything wrong.Some folk have there own issues and after a debacle on here earlier this year I guess the mods are being a bit twitchy, so relax, forget it and just carry on as usual,

much love,

Ballerina x :heart:

Ah, I see a reply, so there you are, not guilty :lol:
Just to be different and for a change here, I don't eat butter at all. I used to like it better than marge but now I've stopped eating dairy products altogether. I have dairy free margarine, not the best taste in the world but better than nothing. I also use nut butters, hummus or olive oil, I'm still experimenting with new tastes and recipes.

I missed most of the kerfuffle here. Live and let live, everyone is different and can choose for themselves what to eat - or not, it shouldn't matter to anyone else. I've eaten butter all my life and I'm healthy. Now I don't.
Thanks :smile: it's better that the negative post has gone, not really in the spirit of this friendly forum and don't need to read rubbish on a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon :smile:
I love butter, preferably French butter with the huge salt flakes in it, if I can get it. I brought back over a kilo from my last trip :-)

I also sauteed Bruce's breakfast potatoes in duck fat this morning. I'm a naughty one!
Yep, that's the baby for me, French salt with sea crystals, ooooh! :razz: :starving: :razz: :grin:

Can I mention CRUMPETS! That quintessential English afternoon tea (or anytime) staple. Hot crumpets slathered in butter. So much butter it dribbles down your fingers as you eat them and that then has to be licked off as well

There, I've said it, now I have to dig them out of the freezer and eat some.

As for bread we stopped eating pre-made sliced bread, for financial reasons, making your own is much cheaper. Then I had to go and buy 5 X 3kg bags of bread mix for 99pence a bag from an online surplus stock outlet. So we now eat that and will probably still be eating it in 3 months.

I don't eat much bread as I find it triggers IBS symptoms and bloating. But its hard, when you love the taste. Just because your body finds it disagreeable or even deadly, doesn't mean a switch is flicked in your mind saying you no longer like or even crave it anymore.
YES - Julie - you can mention them :grin: :shock: :bugeyes:

But I wonder if there is another name for them across the pond (or in Oz)?? I don't think they are the same as muffins, but not sure if they exist over in the States? :?:
Does this ring a bell or seem familiar? http://britishfood.about.com/od/eorecip ... umpets.htm

I use the metal rings that are used for making perfectly round fried eggs when I do homemade ones.
Blimey Julie :like: :like: :like: am impressed that you make homemade ones! Bet they are better than shop bought :smile:
Not very often, but boy are they worth it. I have even made my own butter once, accidentally. I was whipping double cream for a birthday cake, I was chatting away and forgot to add the splash of milk (to make it whipped cream) and just carried on whipping, by the time I finally looked at what I had done I had a puddle of water at the bottom of the bowl and a clump of unsalted butter stuck to the whisk. A quick whizz in the blender with some milk soon had it back at cream consistency.
Hi Julie,

I always thought that when you reached the butter stage there was no way back from it, great to know all is not lost, thanks for a great tip,

Crumpets are really hard to find in the US, and I've never bothered buying them because frankly, I can't imagine they'd be any good - being in a package and goodness knows for how long.
how about drop scones? Better known as Scotch pancakes, straight off the griddle and topped with butter whilst still warm. any leftovers will be yummy fried with bacon and egg (in the bacon fat). hugh fearnley Whitshisname does a good recipe.
Sound like they would be good in eggs benedict!
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19 Next
275 posts Page 7 of 19