The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

318 posts Page 22 of 22
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
Re: ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
18 Apr 2015, 11:16
I hope you all dont mind me joining you?

I've started up fasting back in November and lost 6lbs but piled it back on over Christmas and have struggled to get back into it since.
The past few weeks has seen my weight jump up and down the same 5lbs.... I seem to loose it then have a day of either rubbish food or too much alcohol and bang, I'm right where I started.
I was good all week until Thursday and overate slightly and yep, here we go again, I am currently .5lbs heavier than I was on Monday....... this is sooooo frustrating.
Would welcome some support to get me on track and some accountability too.
18 Apr 2015, 14:05
How often do you weigh @raggy? I'm a daily weigher. That way, I never miss any important dips during the week. You may have had some dips and not seen them. It also keeps me accountable. If I think that there is a certain number I don't want to see on the scales then I make sure I don't overeat. By the same token, if I have had a had a wey hey day then I am not surprised when I see a higher number and know that I can knock it off quickly. Another thing that helps me is weighing food. I find kitchen scales more useful than bathroom scales and keep a pair of digital ones handy, propped up on a worktop. Numbers on the kitchen scales = numbers on the bathroom scales!
@hazelnut has been invited into the Bean and Oates buddy tent. You should get yourself along there too. There's always someone about to chat to. They'll help you. Good luck :smile:
18 Apr 2015, 21:13
Hi @raggy and welcome! Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties with eating and weight loss. Why is food so great...and yet so bad too? Frustrating isn't it. Anyway, if you'd like to join in with the Bean DODO challenge, you are more than welcome. Fast days continue from tomorrow and then every other day...til 6May (I think!)
Let me know what you think so I can add you to the gang...if need be ;)
Just stick with us...you'll be fine xx
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
318 posts Page 22 of 22