The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

318 posts Page 1 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 Next
ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
04 Jan 2015, 09:30
Well, here I am again! As its 2015 I thought I'd start a new ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) tent. It was around this time last year that I decided to give ADF a go. It worked well and then for some reason I went on holiday and everything disintegrated. I guess this is a familiar story for lots of peeps :frown:
Anyway, I'm all set with a renewed vigour. This time I WILL succeed. I'm determined. So, the plan is to fast every other day (or do the DODO...Day on, day off). I was going to try and eat at lunch time as initially that was the most successful method. However, recent research has revealed that it doesn't matter what time of day you eat or how often. So I'll play this one by ear for the moment. I usually prefer to wait until the evening. We'll see...
As for exercise I am currently planning on doing yoga every morning and of course I will walk my beloved pooches 'The Girls'. Breakfast is a thing of the past. So on normal days, I won't eat until lunch time and then I will stop eating after 8pm.
Sound like a plan? Anyone care to join me? Come on...it'll be fun! :bugeyes:
Bean :starving:
Re: ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
04 Jan 2015, 10:20
I'm ADFing at the moment, trying to get rid of a couple of kg. I'm not superstrict, I skip a fast if I have a social engagement. Good luck!
04 Jan 2015, 11:15
Good lyck Beano in the den!
You did it before,and i remember how well it worked for you, so i know you can DODO again x
i' ll meet you in the Den later in the year - but for now, i' m staying on 5:2 x x
04 Jan 2015, 12:09
How lovely to see you in the den @MaryAnn How's the ADF bean going so far? I was looking at my diary and it appears that I started ADF around this time last year...doh! I hope I do better than I did last time...gulp!
Good to see you in the den too Cancy @Candicemarie even if it is just a 'hello'! I like the sound of you joining us later in the year though. I don't think you've tried ADF before have you?
Bean :starving:
04 Jan 2015, 12:31
Yes i did it for a week,found it a bit of a shock to the system!
Tried it again for a week, some time later. In some ways,it was easier than 5:2 but overall was a bit challenging for me..but i will deffo be giving it another try in 2015 x
04 Jan 2015, 14:08
@nursebean, you've given me an idea. As you are probably aware I do 2 liquid fasts a week. I've been doing this for more than eighteen months and for me it doesn't require any willpower or control - I just do it. I do have bother with my non fast days though. I've done a couple of spells of 4:3 before which resulted in weight loss but I found it too much like a diet and pretty hard going so ADF wouldn't be for me but.....what I'm thinking is to liquid fast on a Mon and Fri and then on a Wednesday just have a Hairy Dieters dinner, ie. a 500cal meal. This will require quite a bit of willpower and if I can succeed on that then hopefully that will have a good effect on my non fast days.
04 Jan 2015, 15:24
Oh glad to see you like your Hairy meals. Have you got any favourites?
So, basically, you'll be doing 4:3 will you? What sort of things do you eat on liquid days then? Is it blended fruit and veg and soup that sort of thing?
I've got 125 calories spare for tonight and I haven't got a clue what to do with them. Any ideas anyone?
Bean :confused: :starving:
05 Jan 2015, 01:39
nursebean wrote: How lovely to see you in the den @MaryAnn How's the ADF bean going so far?

I've mostly been a 4:3 girl so doing ADF is not really a problem. I'm overeating a bit on non-fast days, but I think that's just a holiday thing. Too many parties; too many goodies. I'm hoping to really get back in the swing of things now, though…

I hope you found something yummy for your last 125cals. I would have gone for cottage cheese, because it makes me feel so full!
05 Jan 2015, 08:35
I'm back in the ADF attic :) this is what works for me so best I stay here until the wobbly bits have gone! Back on Insanity aswell......oh this is gonna hurt
05 Jan 2015, 09:18
@nursebean, when I liquid fast it is usually zero calories but if I am particularly cold I'll have a milky hot chocolate in the evening. By doing zero cals on Mon and Fri and an evening meal only on Wed I'm sort of doing a 4.5:2.5 my style, IYSWIM.
05 Jan 2015, 13:49
It's nice and cosy here in the den - good luck to the 2015 class of determined ADF DODOers :clover: Can't stay as I'm a newbie to practising the art of maintaining. :crossed:
05 Jan 2015, 14:35
Hello ADFers, good luck all of you, especially my mate beano.
Wildmissus, that sounds like a plan, I don't think I'm tough enough to do zero cal though, hats off to you.
05 Jan 2015, 18:24
Oh it's good to see the den is getting more full and cosy. Wow! Hats off to you @wildmissus I, like my buddy, don't think I could do NO calories...although I like the idea of a milky hot chocolate!
Is anyone fasting today?
Bean :?:
05 Jan 2015, 18:26
Good to see you @Minsmum and @Lizbean my fellow bean...how amazing to be a maintaineer...well done!
Bean :heart:
05 Jan 2015, 18:50
@Nursebean Thx. I'm strotting into maintenance with dinky stabilisers, a blue dolphin shaped rubber ring and huge RED arm bands. Today I bought a whistle! If I go down I'll shout out to the den!
Come on you DODO's! :wink:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 Next
318 posts Page 1 of 22