The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

318 posts Page 18 of 22
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
Re: ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
20 Mar 2015, 08:30
I quite enjoyed my 1,000 calorie day, although it probably ended up being more like 1,200...oops! I had a hard boot camp session yesterday where we used dumbbells quite a lot, so that made me hungrier. I'm also attributing the pound back on the scale to sore muscles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :wink:

Today is an anything goes day and I'm looking forward to it. I'm not planning to sit and eat a bar of choc or anything like that, but will go out for dinner tonight and have whatever I please....plus an adult beverage. It's Friday after all!

Have a lovely day!
20 Mar 2015, 13:58
Sitting and eating a bar of chocolate is perfect therapy @Lori...at least it is in Bean World!
Oh I used to love circuit training and tough aerobic classes. I'm sure those extra 200 cals you had were just burned up...just like that!
I'm fasting today and I must admit I'm struggling a little. I keep thinking of those marshmallows that are calling to me from the cupboard. I must be strong. Only 4 hours to go! Doh! :starving:
20 Mar 2015, 14:27
Stay strong @nursebean !! You are nearly there! Marshmallows are just little blobs of sugar.......blech! Here's a visual for you. Picture those marshmallows attached to your backside and thighs. :bugeyes:

Hope the rest of your fasting day goes well!

:clover:
21 Mar 2015, 07:50
But @Lori it would be cute to have a squidgy pink and white marshmallow bum!! Oh I already do! :oops:
Well I actually dusted off my scales and weighed myself. Thought of you @Minsmum because, according to that "look at me I'm so flat" bugger of a scale, I've only lost one pound! Well how come my trousers are so loose and my boobs no longer spill,out of my bra? (Although they do fill the bra rather well!)
No, I'm not going to rely on scales again. They are too disheartening .
21 Mar 2015, 10:18
The scales are the work of the devil for sure! I saw a higher number this morning, as I knew I would. I had a lovely seafood dinner last night complete with wine & bread. Ahhh.....have to love an eating day! Today I'm aiming for a half-fast of 1,000 calories and also aim to eat nothing until lunch time. We'll see how it goes.

Wish I could think of something fun to do today. These cold weekends of just sitting in the house are beginning to get to me. I do need to do a bit of house cleaning, but that's certainly not fun, is it? Tomorrow I have the laundry to look forward to! What fun! :confused:

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
21 Mar 2015, 11:50
What about doing some painting @Lori? Housework is definitely NOT for weekends!
What about a good film or a good book. Hmmm, its difficult finding "exciting' things to do, but I feel for you being stuck indoors! :heart:
22 Mar 2015, 09:07
I'm back ( not that you noticed I was MIA! :)) had to take a week off. Actually I was in my sick bed, Mins loving Mothers Day present knocked me off my feet and I'm only just feeling okay ish , but am back to being a DODO today, albeit one with a hacking cough!!
Good to see the tent filling up a bit and hopefully will be brimming at the edges with contenders for your month challenge @Nursebean. Great idea.
Enjoy the fasts fellow DODOs x
22 Mar 2015, 09:26
Of course you were missed Minsmum! So sorry to hear that you've been ill and hope your recovery will be swift! Be kind to yourself.

As usual, the wheels have come off my plan for the weekend. This cold weather is driving me crazy! It's going to be cold and windy today, so that means I'll be stuck in the house for yet another day.
No sense pouting about it, it is what it is.

I won't try to tell myself that I'll do a half fast today as I know I won't. I want to go out for Chinese food for dinner tonight so that will really make the scale go up. WOW! :bugeyes: I think I may abandon my daily weighing as it's getting monotonous. Up, down, up, down. Maybe I'll just go back to once a week, or whenever I feel like it.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
22 Mar 2015, 09:46
Oh @Minsmum! I wondered where you were!! Poor you. I do hope you feel better soon. D'you think you should be fasting yet? Sounds like you need to keep hold of your energy! (tried to send you a photo but it doesn't seem to work anymore!)
here comes Nursebean...
Image feel better now?!
Hmm I'm not sure many people are that keen on doing the ADF challenge. I thought it would be a good chance to show them that its not actually that difficult! :bugeyes:
22 Mar 2015, 12:39
@Nursebean feeling better already :)

I think you may get a couple of takers for the challenge, Better than none haha. Still I'm sure we can keep them going with weekly cheers and Pom Pom waving Image. The thought of ADF is a lot worse than the reality of it. Think we need to work on @Candicemarie beat her into submission and drag her kicking and screaming full time into this tent. It's only 1 short month Candy. Beanie we need a Candyplan!!

One things for sure DODOers.... The scales are firmly planted around the back of the tent! No tent management responsibility for those that venture out there on their own for a sneak peak!

Enjoy your Chinese @Lori x
22 Mar 2015, 17:18
Yes, exactly! This is a scale-free zone!! :wink:
23 Mar 2015, 13:46
Monday fast is well under way! We decided not to go out for Chinese last night, so I saved those calories! Lord knows I ate enough just picking at this and that for 2 days! I'm actually looking forward to my repair day today. I may be singing a different tune by about 3 this afternoon! :wink:

I'm also trying to really up my water intake today. I do good with it during the week, but on weekends I don't drink nearly enough water. I have a big water bottle here at work that holds 3 cups(24 oz), I try to drink 3 of them by the time I head for home in the afternoon. I also sip water all evening and of course, I drink quite a bit during my boot camp workouts in the morning. Dehydrated I am not! :bugeyes:

Have a great day DODO'S!!
23 Mar 2015, 21:35
Hi @Lori hope the fast is going / went well. Good to see you've upped the water intake, I find I get to a point (sometimes) when I experience water overload. That is I have to visit the toilet as soon as I've drunk anything on a fast day. Image suppose I'm burning a few more calories dashing up and down the stairs all day long!
Hey @Nursebean your challenge seems to be taking off. Might need to build an extension on the DODO tent :)
23 Mar 2015, 21:55
Fast day is all but done, but I have a few calories for a small snack before bed if needed. I feel as if I will need it as I feel quite empty although I just ate my dinner omelet. I will probably go a bit over 500 calories, but no worries. I did boot camp this morning and am planning to go again tomorrow morning, so lots of calories burned there.

No calorie counting for me tomorrow. I'm done with counting every day. Tomorrow is for eating when I'm hungry and whatever sounds good. Just no stuffing myself and eat healthy food for the most part.

Hope your day was awesome!
24 Mar 2015, 09:29
Oh @Lori you've SO got this DODO sorted. I like your style! Those bootcamps sound awesome! You must burn off loads doing them. As for water, you can never have enough really. Don't you find that if you haven't drunk as much, you tend to eat more?!!! Thats why I always keep a glass close by.
Oh yes @Minsmum it looks as though we'll have a few peeps joining us for the challenge. Some people seem to be a little too afraid to take the plunge. I'm quite looking forward to hearing how they get on!
Good luck with your fast today xx
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
318 posts Page 18 of 22