The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 46 of 47
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
08 Sep 2017, 21:41
The waiting must be awful as well, not knowing what is going to happen. There is not a lot anyone can do. I guess they have prepared as best they can. Very scary.
09 Sep 2017, 15:31
I have family in Florida as well. I think the heat and humidity does something to the brain of a Floridian. They're not worried, nor are they especially prepared. They don't think it will be "that bad". *insert eyeroll here*
10 Sep 2017, 02:04
Tracie, I'm glad it's not just my family!!! I told them on Monday that it was coming right at them and to get the heck out and come to CT. But they were so wishy washy, that by the time they realized they should get out, they couldn't. It was only with my brother's insistence and assistance that he got them out of their houses and a little further away from the shore into a townhouse near the airport!
17 Oct 2017, 16:50
Just checking in for October! Still do 5-2 and loving it
23 Nov 2017, 18:32
:usa: Happy Thanksgiving everyone - absolutely NO FASTNG ALLOWED today :usa:
24 Nov 2017, 13:38
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving @lovemyparrot! I enjoyed all the food, but I am up and at 'em this morning for a nice crisp walk to burn off some of the calories!!
Is fasting for me?
04 Dec 2017, 17:14
Hi all. I am 68 and quite fit as I exercise daily and am a whole food vegan (for the most part). I was thinking of adding the 5:2 fasting to my diet but have a 22 BMI with a 32 inch waist. My wife is discouraging me but I want to do as much as possible to stay healthy as I continue to age. Any thoughts would be appreciated
14 Dec 2017, 07:43
Hi @openlcr and welcome

Lots of thoughts! But I have a few questions first.

Have you always been about the same BMI? How tall are you - is your waist less than half your height? If you follow 5:2 as designed, you would lose weight - is this your aim or are you more interested in the health benefits of intermittent fasting?

Given you have a healthy BMI - and even if you didn't - I would strongly suggest consulting your medical professional for their thoughts before starting 5:2.

Best wishes.
14 Dec 2017, 13:06
@openlcr, I second sassy's comment, definitely talk to your doctor since you're already at a healthy weight.

My only other suggestion is to eat more on non-fasting days so that the fasting days don't make you lose weight -- basically, take the calories you didn't eat on your fasting day(s) and make sure to consume that many calories more over the course of your regular days. Also, doing only one fasting day a week has positive health benefits, so keep in mind that multiple days isn't necessarily better.

Good luck!

14 Dec 2017, 14:02
Yes

Me :smile:
14 Dec 2017, 14:02
Y?
14 Dec 2017, 19:29
Hi again @openlcr

Your replies were too cryptic for me... :grin: Could you please elaborate?!
02 Jan 2018, 23:39
Happy 2018! I"m still doing 5-2 way of life! And I LOVE it!!! How are you all?
02 Jan 2018, 23:42
Sassy you need to check out the Calorie Restriction Society on facebook. It a private group of people that are just like you and doing what you are asking about. They are very encouraging and would be able to answer your questions
03 Jan 2018, 01:02
Thanks @canoegal. I am not on Facebook and don't really want to be - I spend far too much time on edevices already....!!
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 46 of 47