The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 44 of 47
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
05 Feb 2017, 21:16
So tell this ignorant Aussie, what is it about the commercials??
05 Feb 2017, 21:25
Oh...well since so many people watch the Super Bowl, it costs like 5 million dollars for a 30 second commercial. So the companies try to make really good commercials. Normally, that's when you talk and go to the bathroom and stuff, but during the Super Bowl you want to watch the commercials too!
05 Feb 2017, 21:42
Do these commercials end up on YouTube? I would be interested to see them! I really enjoyed some of the U.K. major store Christmas ads. Occasionally we have really good commercials here. Very occasionally. What we have that is generally better, is a comedy program that reviews and explains the thinking behind commercials. Now that IS a lot of fun.
05 Feb 2017, 23:54
Sourbaby, I've also wondered why there are not many Yanks on this forum....I guess it takes a while for the 5:2 to catch on, unless it's advertised in a sensational way, lol. I tried to tell my friends and family about it, but they immediately dismissed it as "unsustainable". I've had quite a bit of immediate success with it, and have yet to even incorporate exercise. I am staggering my goals because of so many life changes in the past few months. I'd like to see the results of these changes one at a time rather than doing all at once. I live in the southeastern USA, a transplant from the east coast. Started 5:2 on 1/7/17 and have lost an average of 4.8 lbs. so far, which is far more than I ever lost on WW without the anxiety of counting points. Once I get my bearings with recipes and exercise, I think my goals of 40 lbs. by June may be realized! Woo hoo! :grin:
06 Feb 2017, 03:32
Welcome to the forums, Sparrow1974!

I'm glad your first two weeks went so well. I hope you're not terribly disappointed if your weight loss starts to slow down. Most people average about a pound a week on just 5:2, maybe a bit less than that. Since you don't have a very great deal to lose, I do expect your weight loss will probably slow down a little bit soon. Don't be too disappointed. It's still a really sustainable way to lose weight.
06 Feb 2017, 11:51
That game was amazing!!! I'm very tired this morning. Luckily the food wasn't that exciting at the party, so I didn't really eat too much. I did have a couple of drinks though and some dessert. I'll see how it affected the scale. Now to get through the work day!

Sassy1 - I'm sure you can catch some of the commercials on youtube. I didn't see too many of them last night.
07 Feb 2017, 23:57
I hate football.. we rented a camping cabin and did some snowshoeing. I look up the commercials on the internet after the game.. some were funny but they weren't as good as past years
17 Feb 2017, 16:03
Hi from Columbus, Georgia, USA

I'm Sandi, a teacher in Columbus, GA. I'll be 50 in May. I am only 5'2" and currently weigh about 130 pounds, but I have a small frame and I've had 6 kids, aged 23 down to 10. My arms and legs look thin, but all my weight is in my belly. So I basically feel like I look like an apple with toothpick arms and legs. My pants don't like to button and I'm very self-conscious. At my last endocrinologist appt I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and started medication. I also have a strong family history of diabetes and high blood pressure.

I have no patience at all and want to see quick results. I also love to eat and right now I want to eat my keyboard. I gain and lose the same 4 pounds over and over and over again.

Looking forward with a lot of curiosity to see if this new venture works.

Sandi
17 Feb 2017, 19:18
Welcome @SandiMcCann

I have battled thyroid issues as well, although my thyroid appears to have been beaten into submission lately.

Well best of luck on starting 5:2. It's not the fastest program, but I think it's one you can really stick with. I've been doing it for four years now and I'm 70 pounds lighter, which is great.

The trick is to be careful on regular days and *not* eat everything you want to eat. If you are hypothyroid, then you understand that this means your metabolism is slow and you unfortunately can't eat as much as someone else who is the same size as you are. With such a family history of diabetes, as well as an apple shape, then it might be to your benefit to reduce carbs as much as you possibly can. My endocrinologist recommends keeping them between 50 and 100g per day for weight loss, but yours may have different recommendations for you (I'm 5'6" and 200lbs, with an hourglass shape and healthy blood sugars, so I may be allowed more than you are allowed).

So if you really want ASAP, then you might want to consider the Blood Sugar Diet by Dr. Michael Mosley (the MD who popularized 5:2). It reduces carbs and calories, and people have been reporting the weight falling off very quickly and very dramatically. It was designed for people who are diabetic or prediabetic, so that might be interesting to you This post might be interesting for you: progress-f4/hazelnut-s-8-week-blood-sugar-diet-musings-t15135.html

Best of luck!
09 Mar 2017, 18:10
Happy March! Spring is around the corner. I hope everyone is doing well at 5-2. Have a great day!
10 Mar 2017, 09:07
Hello Canoegal! I've not been here lately, got tired of posting and having no one respond. Hopefully it's getting busier...
10 Mar 2017, 13:18
Hi @ferretgal

It IS quiet here though there are moments of busy-ness. Cblasz and Tracieknits are doing a great job responding to many posts and the new members Zesty and wakki have been contributing quite a bit. A number of others are posting when they can, but overall there is not much activity,

I will respond to your new topic thread, but it is now very late at night and I need to go to bed!

Best wishes. :smile:
10 Mar 2017, 14:08
Snow day here in CT! I'm very happy to have a day off. It looks pretty, supposed to be really cold this weekend though and snow again next week. I hope after that spring really comes and stays! I need to start getting more exercise outdoors again!
10 Mar 2017, 15:03
And here in FL we're hitting the 80's again on a regular basis... and the humidity will be back shortly as well :cry:
11 Mar 2017, 17:32
We have 15* today and the maple sap is flowing well on days that it gets above 32. I know there aren't many posts on this forum anymore but I still love coming back here at least once a week to read through the past posts and learn how to stay motivated. I also post in this thread once a month because I like keeping it alive and checking in with all of you. This year has been good for me on 5-2, i'm not that far away from my goal now
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 44 of 47