The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all
I need a good kick up the backside as I can not get my head back into this WOE I am at target now so I should be doing 6:1 now but I have not done any fasts for a while grrr.
I do however stick to my TDEE and still at 10 stone but its just not happening for me I start off saying its a fast day but it just goes out the window what can I do to get my mind back to it? And on Mon 9th I had keyhole surgery on my left knee as I had a torn cartilidge all went well knee a bit sore but can not do any exercise at the moment so just need to watch what I am eating, we are also goin on holiday on the 23rd of this month for 2 weeks in our touring caravan to wales so I need a good kick up the bum to get my head back in to this WOE or the weight will end up creeping back on :-(
Ok consider your backside kicked!! Now come on @mariondot40 you can do it!! Pick a day and just DO IT! :grin:
@mariondot40 Bend over Marion Kick on way!!!! :like:
Now that was given to you by my "other" self you know the one yes the 19stone me so you should be really hurting now far more than you poky surgery scar :shock:
You don't know how lucky you are to be at goal and maintaining so get your finger out and do something for your body FAST one day only for all the health benefits you should be receiving and think long and hard why you did this WOL in the beginning.
and yes for your holiday body.
OH how lucky you are Marion. :clover:
Could you not switch to an eating window for maintence. That way the fasting is done mainly while you are asleep.
mnot so good with kicking but I am a dab hand with a wet fish to slap you about the head!
How far into the day do you get into the day with the fasts?
It may be that you are doing an eating window. Quite a few folk find this a very successful way to maintain.
With the probablility that you will be less active perhaps you could lower your TDDE. You are obviously doing soemething right if you are keeping at a maintenanve weight!
And you know that being less active is going to have an effect. So the basics of maintenabce are there.
Maybe a way that isn't full day fasting will suit byou better.
have you been into the maintenance tent? That might be helpful along with the threads on the eating window.
Hope you get there and your knee improves
And I'll stand by with the wet fish...
Not usefull yet, but after knee recovery, you could try this:
08_GluteKicks02.jpg
08_GluteKicks02.jpg (35.78 KiB) Viewed 431 times
Thanx for your replys peeps going to get this week end out the way and try for a fast day on Mon as thats the day I used to do and a Thurs as well, cant wait to back on my treadmill to start running again and I was doing some jumping jacks b4 I went in for surgery they was hard work lol, do not want to gain any weight back that I lost so my ass been kicked and face slapped with smelly fish and I will do it :-)
Ooooo, that backside of yours deserves a lot more than a good kicking. Having got yourself to where you want to be are you REALLY going to let it all slip away like sand between your fingers? Have you not read how hard folk find it when they have lost the plot, put the weight back on and then struggle to shift it a second time? Is that REALLY what you want to do? Is that REALLY where you want to be? Back at the bottom of the hill with all that struggling before you AGAIN? Instead of behind you where it is now? WAKE UP before it is too late and you find yourself back on the other side of the starting gate, in tears!!!!!!

OK, rant over, hope you get the picture, PLEASE, PLEASE do not slip back and have to join the 'starting again' tent, good luck, you can do this honest....

Ballerina x :heart:
Also, think of the health benefits of fasting, not just weight maintenance, to get you motivated. You have been fortunate in not gaining weight, but if you do 6:1 you will have insurance against weight creep, better health, and stay in the groove so that as @Ballerina says, you won't have to start all over again somewhere down the line - we hear it ain't easy.

:clover:
Deffo deffo take heed of what @Ballerina says!
And like@barbarita says..remember those health benefits from I F! X
I can't kick you because I'm one that has had a challenging year and regained the lot. When you are ready, just get on with it. We both know it works. Stay on this site and keep contributing.
Woke up early today and decided that this will be a fasting day and so far so good, got my tea all planned for later and not feeling hungry yet :-)
Been keeping busy grooming my four dogs 2 Bichons and 2 Poodles which takes a while to do each dog, have a slight headache but been drinking plenty and been chewing some sugar free gum and I will NOT give in :-)
Well done Marion. You CAN do this and you WILL :clover:
Well done Marion! :like:
You can do it! Youve proved that before xx
What Ballerina says about not letting it slip once you have attained some weight loss is so true and important. There is some scientific evidence and plenty of anecdotal evidence that a period of dieting makes subsequent dieting less effective, or "the second time around is harder". Each time you fall off the wagon and climb back on, the less effective the next round of dieting will be, so every time you waver, remind yourself of this unpleasant fact and I think you will find your resolve hardening!

So glad today is going well...keep it up!
29 posts Page 1 of 2