General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

78 posts Page 3 of 6
Jelly babies...
Marzipan...
Very dark chocolate...
Marzipan...
Very dark chocolate with marzipan sandwiched in between,
But never with jelly babies!
Ballerina wrote: Oh yes, Lindt chocolate is wonderful, I also love the chilli but have you tried the salted caramel Wineoclock? I love the orange as well oh, and the coconut and .................OK, I LIKE them all!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:

OK you naughty naughty people @Ballerina @43tweaker @Wineoclock and @Waratah - I just had to go out in search of Lindt Caramel chocolate with a touch of Sea Salt ...

aaaaaaaaannnndd ....

Have new favourite to add to the old favourites! It's gorgeous!

:heart: :victory: :shock: :bugeyes:
Zamale, I think the only relationship between candy corn and actual,corn (whether popped or not) is the tons of corn syrup that goes into making each single piece of candy corn. I believe I once read there were 5 kinds of sugar in candy corn, and that was meant to be one of its selling points! But god, I loved it when I was a kid and could still scoff a bowlful if given the chance.

Now, when I want a treat I go for Green & Blacks dark chocolate - it really gives me that fix I need.

But to return to my childhood, the cheap candy I loved - Reese's peanut butter cups (I always bring a couple of bags back with me when I go home), peanut M&Ms, Snickers bars and (do any of my fellow Yanks remember these?) Brach's jelly beans at Easter. Pink were my favourite, of course, and I always picked out the black ones from my Easter baskets and gave them to my brother. (I think Brach's are the ones who make the candy corn too? What a racket!)
Zamale, in the States, candy corn and carmel popcorn are completely different things. The 5lb bag I bought was the pure sugar variety...no corn or popcorn; but yes plenty of corn syrup, sugar and honey.

Yes, mummybunny my bag did indeed come from the fine people at Brach's who also bring us Easter jelly beans. They are responsible for that strangely addictive peppermint noughat Christmas tree candy, too. It is a holiday candy conspiracy, I think. I bet those Brach's owners invest their profits in diabetes pills, insulin and supplies! :shock: :wink:
Silver darling that is cruel! Perhaps I shall have to get you to post me some to Australia!
@Silverdarling, Caramel with Sea Salt is now my favourite but that could change after I demolish the Madagascar Vanilla, yum, yum........... :eat:

Oh my.... That is a good thread to mealt my heart.....

About chocolate, for me, the best one is a Swiss one, the only dark chcolate I like which is called Crémant. And Milka for the milk chocolate, without nuts or anything in it.

Caramel, it's my all time fave, I could put in everywhere

I don't know if the other things are none but I love the haribo teddy bears, of the big ones with chocolate and marshmallow in it, dragibus, tagada strawberries

In England, I was a wine gums addict and I loved the cadburry's flake

And now I'm hungry :grin: :razz:
Oh and fellow Yanks, how could I forget - Swedish fish! When I was a kid every time we went to Sears my parents got us some Swedish fish (a very rubbery sweet jelly-type candy in the shape of, you guessed it, fish) which I loved. They always got themselves peanut, caramel and chocolate clusters (which were also lovely and which as I got older I would have preferred).
Manderley wrote: Oh my.... That is a good thread to mealt my heart.....

In England, I was a wine gums addict and I loved the cadburry's flake

And now I'm hungry :grin: :razz:

Not as hungry as I am on a fast day, staring at the last half of the Lindt salted caramel bar! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :starving: :starving: :starving:

Manderley, my everyday favourite 'Twirls' are really like 2 shorter 'Flakes' but with an extra covering of chocolate, so you don't get choc bits all over the place ... :wink:
Ballerina wrote: @Silverdarling, Caramel with Sea Salt is now my favourite but that could change after I demolish the Madagascar Vanilla, yum, yum........... :eat:

That is next on my list - followed by the mint intense and then the orange ...

:shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool:
Not a candy, but sweetened condensed milk, by the spoonful, from the can. Thankfully these days I feel sick after a few spoonfuls, but once started I tend to gravitate back to the can every 15 minutes or so for 'just one more spoonful'.
Oh Julie,

I had forgotten the delights of condensed milk, oh! That's all I'm prepared to say about condensed milk, gosh, delish, mmmmmmm :doh: :lol: :razz: :starving: :victory: :oops:

Have you ever turned the condensed milk into a caramel sauce, just right for pouring over the bananas and biscuit base for a banoffee?

As for halloween, yes we have it in the UK as well. Some people go overboard with decorations, but generally its a time of the little ones to dress up spooky and go house to house hoping for candy.
Yes yes yes - condensed milk with golden syrup, butter and sugar (!) makes the most wonderful toffee-like CARAMEL which is just great on a SHORTBREAD base, and topped off with CHOCOLATE. Though I think now I might add a few Maldon sea salt crystals ...
:shock: :cool: :shock:
Silver darling, get your self over to the night shift, not sleeping thread, we're having a party. Julie and Candice are helping me get through some nice food and drink so pick up some caramel with sea salt and condensed milk and get your but over there, you don't want to miss a good Fruday night with the girls, :lol:

78 posts Page 3 of 6