The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

78 posts Page 1 of 6
Well, the long holiday weekend has come and gone. Here, we are transitioning from summer to fall. After a trip to Sam's Club this weekend we made our way home with a 5lb bag of Candy Corn!! That was not a wise choice at all. But, it is my favorite fall candy by far and probably my favorite seasonal candy of the whole year long. (Cadbury eggs are a close second, though.)

I was wondering if you had a favorite Fall candy or maybe you have a stronger preference for a different season or holiday candy?

The nice thing about this WOE is that we can have our candy and eat it too. At least occasionally on nonfast days, weekends, and special occasions. I don't recommend to anyone buying a 5lb bag of it, though! :bugeyes:
If candy can include chocolate then my preference is for Lindt chilli chocolate. Any season will do. I have been craving sweets all day so have eaten 4 pieces, luckily that was all I had :bugeyes:
Oh yes, Lindt chocolate is wonderful, I also love the chilli but have you tried the salted caramel Wineoclock? I love the orange as well oh, and the coconut and .................OK, I LIKE them all!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Not exactly seasonal but salty liquorice - any day, any time.
That's the only candy I CRAVE.
I can beat the 5lb bag with a 5kg bag (just over 11 lbs) of sugar coated chocolate balls. It has taken us, the whole family probably 3 months to eat them all. So I am hoping for an increase in weight loss now they are all gone. Too much temptation.
But for my favourite, it has to be 'jelly' sweets, like wine gums etc. Or turkish delight covered in chocolate (the brand named Turkish Delight is only 99kcals for a bar) or fudge. All UK candy like though.
Ballerina I haven't seen the salted caramel Lindt. I will search it out but it does sound dangerous!!!
Thorntons toffee any flavour. I don't allow myself to buy it but all my family know that a gift has no calories and I will be overjoyed to get it. Don't ask me to share it.
Oh candy corn - so addictive, and I don't even know if after a while I can even taste them. Favorite fall treats for me, sea salt caramels (chocolate covered of course) and Candy Apples. Yes something really good for you covered in corn syrup.
Wineoclock wrote: Ballerina I haven't seen the salted caramel Lindt. I will search it out but it does sound dangerous!!!

Oh me either I love Lindt but haven't seen these in Aus :(

Licorice is my favourite sweet, preferably all sorts!
Cadberry Mini eggs used to be a weakness for me but I've convinced myself to stay away from cheap sweets. It helps a lot that there aren't many options in Japan!
Everybody is a Lindt fan, then? When I go for the pricier (non-Hershey) type chocolate I almost always go for Ghirardelli myself. They sucked me in at Downtown Disney with daily free sample squares. We go to Orlando a lot since my parents live in FL. I like the dark chocolate mint, the milk chocolate caramel, anything with peanut butter, the white chocolate Christmas one with crushed candy canes....Well, I guess I've never really found one I didn't like. :grin:
Did somebody say FUDGE?! OMgosh, don't say the F word!! I used to make it for tons of occasions...Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th July whatever other excuse. Now, I make it exclusively at Christmas and only the double stacked peanut butter chocolate. My problem is I really enjoy the baking and candy making. Sometimes, I will buy one piece in the fall when we go to all the little shops in Little Nashville or Gatlinburg. It makes me crazy to pay more for one piece than the whole batch I can make at home...but, it is definitely a lot safer that way. When I've paid $8/lb for that piece; I also get pretty ticked when my homemade tastes bettter, too!!
There is one sweet stuff that I have had, that i would love to find again and that is salted peanut ice cream. It was the most amazing taste explosion of my life when I had it at a food festival.
More of a cake person myself, though I do have a weakness for "Mozart balls", an Austrian chocolate filled with almond paste, or failing those (don't think you can buy them in the UK), then the Ritter Sport, marzipan. I know, I'm weird...
Julieathome wrote: There is one sweet stuff that I have had, that i would love to find again and that is salted peanut ice cream. It was the most amazing taste explosion of my life when I had it at a food festival.

M&S have recently brought out a peanut butter caramel swirl ice cream. They had mini tubs and I was going to get myself one next time I was in town on a non-fast day but when I finally went last week to get one they didn't have any. If I bought a big tub it would melt before I got it home and I wouldn't trust myself to only eat one portions worth!

Current favourite Lindt is Sea salt - so good. Never had candy corn, can't imagine what it tastes like - just sugar I suppose?

Jelly Bean Factory jelly beans are pretty addictive though.
78 posts Page 1 of 6